Sign in to follow this  
alysha

The Bookies

Posted this in one of the QPR threads but never got an answer....

Obviosuly this wouldn''t be an issue if the announcement over QPR wasn''t delayed but now that it has been, will the bookies look at the final league table Saturday afternoon and pay out or will they wait untill QPR''s fate has been decided before settling bets?

All bets placed at ''Bookies'' will be payable now. I know we are paying out on QPR to win the league and QPR to be promoted.

All bets placed on ''exchanges'' will be subject to points deduction.

Thanks, so does that mean anyone who bet on QPR can still collect winnings now, despite the fact they might have a points deduction and not get promotion/title at all; and that for all those who bet on Norwich would still have winnings if there is a points deduction in the next week or so, even if QPR finishes the season as Champions?

Sorry for all the questions, not really clued up on stuff like this - as you can tell

All bets on QPR to win the league/be promoted can be collected now from William Hill (and I would pressume, all high street bookies.)

No decision will have been made yet as to whether they will be paying out on NCFC to win the League should the relevant points deduction come putting us ''top'' (Though I would imagine they probably will pay out on NCFC aswell)

[quote user="CDMullins"]All bets on QPR to win the league/be promoted can be collected now from William Hill (and I would pressume, all high street bookies.) No decision will have been made yet as to whether they will be paying out on NCFC to win the League should the relevant points deduction come putting us ''top'' (Though I would imagine they probably will pay out on NCFC aswell)[/quote]

Ok thanks for your help, hope they do

Sky Bet have paid out on QPR and will be on us should it be necessary.[url=http://www.teamtalk.co.za/championship/6912790/Sky-Bet-to-pay-out-on-Canaries]http://www.teamtalk.co.za/championship/6912790/Sky-Bet-to-pay-out-on-Canaries[/url]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I work for Coral, and we are NOT paying out on any QPR promotion/title bets until after the hearing.[/quote]I would have thought that all bookies were following this procedure.  We all know how how difficult it usually is to get money out of a bookmaker!

I did my bet of Norwich to win the league with Ladbrokes and just been onto my account which says that my bet is pending, so they are obviously paying out for Norwich if QPR gets points deducted.

I heard off someone last night (who holds a TOP job at the Club) that "expect QPR to get a points deduction".

This came from someone who doesn''t do gossip, (he can''t afford to in his job), so I personally give it a lot of credibility.

Anyway, Champions or second place,it all adds up to ONE thing - PROMOTION!

Bring on the party!!!!!!!!

How ridiculous, you would of thought they would want to wait untill whatever the bet is on is confirmed, rather than just paying out when it looks like something might be the case, not very good business sense with needlessly losing money, and makes a mockery of the whole system

Quite the opposite Aalyshaa.

If you were having a bet next year would you bet with William Hill, that will pay out on QPR and Norwich? Or somewhere else that might not pay out and the eventual outcome?

Its free (well not quite free, as we have to pay on Norwich aswell) advertsing.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Quite the opposite Aalyshaa. If you were having a bet next year would you bet with William Hill, that will pay out on QPR and Norwich? Or somewhere else that might not pay out and the eventual outcome? Its free (well not quite free, as we have to pay on Norwich aswell) advertsing.[/quote]

The benefits of a competitive market, all bookies are slowly giving away more and more concessions to punters to attract them, which has to be good for everything bar the bottom line for the bookmaker.

I would probably have to be cynical and say that the likes of William Hill maybe had very little liabilities on QPR and therefore decided to take the hit of a possible ''double result'' for the publicity, which is fair enough.

Considering QPR were Antepost favourites, I''d say the Opposit. Because bookies liabilties are so little on Norwich to will the league, they pay out on Norwich aswell.

Had it been the Premier League and it been say United and Chelsea in this situation I think the bookies would pay on the outright winner only, as the liabilty for the other team would also be large.

QPR have won the league, the competition will be over and they will have more points than us, so the bookies are entitled to pay on QPR only, but as a token of good will and to entice you back to their company they will pay on City aswell.

They have no option but to pay out on Norwich if QPR are disqualified. The only reason they paid out on QPR is that they didn''t anticipate a points deduction as Colin was so emphatic that his barrister had said they had nothing to answer for.... LOL

Non of that is right at all Paul,

The bookies would be well within their rights to pay out on QPR and only QPR. Paying out on City is the bookies discrection. Of course the bookies were anticipating a points deduction, they are set up for every possible outcome.

If City are handed the title I''d bet my last pound the big 3 (Hills, Ladbrokes and Betfred) pay out on QPR and City!