Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

QPR to parade Championship Trophy at next game

[quote user="Alex"]LATEST... http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20110506/rangers-set-to-receive-the-trophy_2293334_2354480 But read it carefully ;)[/quote]

Basically, it might happen but then again it might not!!

[quote user="Alex"]LATEST...

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20110506/rangers-set-to-receive-the-trophy_2293334_2354480

But read it carefully ;)[/quote]Deduct them 45 points at half time and give Sheffield Utd hopes of staying up?? [:D]

[quote user="methcanary"]

[quote user="Alex"]LATEST... http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20110506/rangers-set-to-receive-the-trophy_2293334_2354480 But read it carefully ;)[/quote]

Basically, it might happen but then again it might not!!

[/quote]

EXACTLY!. What I find hilarious is that this small fact seems to be currently ignored by everybody from fans to sports journalists themselves! They are talking as if it''s a definite. But that''s not quite what the statement reads...

They ''intend'' to present them with it - But that *could* change before the game still depending on whether there is an outcome before the match. So, hardly a reassurance that they will definitely get presented with it, is it?!

I have a sneaky feeling the verdict will be announced tomorrow morning. "Taxi to Norwich?!?!?!"

[quote user="Depraved"]I have a sneaky feeling the verdict will be announced tomorrow morning. "Taxi to Norwich?!?!?!"[/quote]

I''m afraid I agree with one or two others here. People are calling the FA/FL incompetant for potentially waiting till the match is over before announcing the decision. I would call it sensible. Should the outcome not be in QPR''s favour - Can you imagine the riots that would happen after Leeds fans have goaded the home support all afternoon?. Pandemonium would NOT be the word!

(And yes, I know I can''t spell - But as previously stated, I''m a drummer)

If the outcome was in QPR''s favour, ie no points deduction just a fine, then there is no reason to delay making  it public. If it''s something that would affect other club''s games/seasons then it makes perfect sense to finish the season first. So to me it still looks bad for those RRRRRRRRRRRRRRs!

But what ever happens I take great pride in the fact there''s nothing dodgy about our club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If the outcome was in QPR''s favour, ie no points deduction just a fine, then there is no reason to delay making  it public. If it''s something that would affect other club''s games/seasons then it makes perfect sense to finish the season first. So to me it still looks bad for those RRRRRRRRRRRRRRs!

But what ever happens I take great pride in the fact there''s nothing dodgy about our club.

[/quote]

Oh come off it Nutty, you know as well as I do that Delia gave Hucks a back hander (but was he married at the time?).

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Totally and wholeheartedly agree with you.

[quote user="Alex"]According to Matt Slater from the Beeb - 2nd place silverwear is now at Carrow Rd...[/quote]

I would say that''s an educated guess, unless of course he''s inside the ground, whihc I highly doubt.  IF QPR have the league trophy then it don''t take a brain surgeon to work out we have the 2nd place silverwear lol

[quote user="Alex"]According to Matt Slater from the Beeb - 2nd place silverwear is now at Carrow Rd...[/quote]

I would say that''s an educated guess, unless of course he''s inside the ground, which I highly doubt.  IF QPR have the league trophy then it don''t take a brain surgeon to work out we have the 2nd place silverwear lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I would say that''s an educated guess, unless of course he''s inside the ground, which I highly doubt.  IF QPR have the league trophy then it don''t take a brain surgeon to work out we have the 2nd place silverwear lol

[/quote]

WAY, as previously stated, I''m a drummer for christs sakes... (But it should be pointed out that until the match itself tomorrow, we don''t actually know that QPR have it either - they only *intend* that the winners trophy be there, the BBC are generally reliable to be fair ;))

Leave them to it. We will celebrate our own tremendous achievements over the two years. In many ways we will be able to celebrate more as we do not have the cloud of uncertainty hanging over us. I''m not interested in being crowned champions by default so can we all please stop worrying so much about the trophy and what happens to QPR and concentrate on celebrating what Lambert and the boys have done!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Leave them to it. We will celebrate our own tremendous achievements over the two years. In many ways we will be able to celebrate more as we do not have the cloud of uncertainty hanging over us. I''m not interested in being crowned champions by default so can we all please stop worrying so much about the trophy and what happens to QPR and concentrate on celebrating what Lambert and the boys have done!

[/quote]

It''s an interesting talking point though, Jim. Though deep down I agree, if we do end up winning it, we''d never live it down with rival fans etc as ''the title that never was''...

[quote user="The Football League"]The Football League has confirmed that QPR will receive the Championship Trophy on Saturday.  A Football League spokesman said: "The Football League can confirm that it intends to present the npower Championship Trophy to Queens Park Rangers at the conclusion of tomorrow''s fixture with Leeds United, in line with custom and practice. This decision will only be reviewed if the verdict of the ongoing FA Tribunal affects standings in the Championship table before that time."[/quote]The wording say''s to me that if the tribunal hasn''t reached it''s verdict QPR will be presented with the trophy, if the verdict is reached by then they won''t be getting it.