Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

THE GUARDIAN

So, they think he''d rather go to a club that is being relegated than stay with the team he''s built which is going up? I don''t think that''s likely. And when he DOES go to another club, I can''''t see it being West Ham somehow. I would hope he has bigger ambitions than that!

If they are going to make rumours up. They could at least make them a bit more plausible. Aston Villa for a start would be a bit more sensible. But West Ham? I''m sure plenty of managers leave the team they just won back to back promotion with, to join a team thats getting relegated from the league you just won promotion to...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If they are going to make rumours up. They could at least make them a bit more plausible. Aston Villa for a start would be a bit more sensible. But West Ham? I''m sure plenty of managers leave the team they just won back to back promotion with, to join a team thats getting relegated from the league you just won promotion to...[/quote]

I honestly believe that they sit on Football rumours all day searching for scoops, they are looking in the wronge place they also need a Pooper Scooper, Give me 5 minutes and I''ll think of a good one for Footy rumours, see if they bite.

Yeah doesn''t take long to make something sensible going.

What about Owen to Norwich? We had a scout at the game last night, Owen isn''t wanted, so he''s going to come here, and hope one day, just maybe he can play next to the legend that is Grant Holt.... I''m sure it will be in the papers tomorrow :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah doesn''t take long to make something sensible going. What about Owen to Norwich? We had a scout at the game last night, Owen isn''t wanted, so he''s going to come here, and hope one day, just maybe he can play next to the legend that is Grant Holt.... I''m sure it will be in the papers tomorrow :P[/quote]

Just put on there Paul Lambert has been given £3.000.000. bonus and is going to treat all playing staff to a holiday in Florida, Not to far fetched as we know thats probably the sort of thing he would do

To be fair they say that West Ham are interested in him, along with about 5 other guys including Warnock and Holloway. I''m sure that West Ham would love to get Lambert but that doesn''t mean it''s gunna happen.

[quote user="Mahogany"].... West Ham are interested in him, along with about 5 other guys including Warnock....[/quote]Now that would be intriguing[;)]. If it all goes bad for QPR in the next few weeks, what odds Colin dissappearing off to do some tractor driving agian because he is ''disillusioned with the game''? Only to reappear at Upton Park for next season.  

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If they are going to make rumours up. They could at least make them a bit more plausible. Aston Villa for a start would be a bit more sensible. But West Ham? I''m sure plenty of managers leave the team they just won back to back promotion with, to join a team thats getting relegated from the league you just won promotion to...[/quote]

Thats what I would have thought, most probably lazy jounalist, well they do also play in claret and blue, what is it with that colour anyway as Burnley wanted him also.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]You can''t believe anything in that rag. Why read it unless you want a job at the BBC[/quote]If you bothered to read the article you''re slagging off you''d see that it says:
West Ham have drawn up a shortlist of seven names to replace Avram Grant should they decide to dispense with the manager''s services at the end of the season – Neil Warnock, Paul Lambert, Malky Mackay, Chris Hughton, Slaven Bilic, Ian Holloway and Martin O''Neill.
So no-one at the Guardian has made anything up, they are simply repeating a list of candidates from Wet Spam.And what "news"paper would you recommend as providing unbiased, accurate reporting instead of the Guardian? The Sun?

3 reasons why West Ham is a dodgy post for any manager Gold, Sullivan and Brady a club only going one way. 

[quote user="Nuff Said"]West Ham have drawn up a shortlist of seven names to replace Avram Grant should they decide to dispense with the manager''s services at the end of the season – Neil Warnock, Paul Lambert, Malky Mackay, Chris Hughton, Slaven Bilic, Ian Holloway and Martin O''Neill.[/quote]Mmm [^o)], would be a good move for Malky, opinions?

I read the Guardian, you have got this wrong

He is on a short list of 7

Inc O''Neill, Holloway, Warnock, Billic

Seems v likely to me but who would want to go there??

110M in debt in the Championship, shit board etc

I think Lambert will, one day, leave us for bigger things. But West Ham? I can''t see him going there. West Ham are financially worse off than us, have a team of highly paid mercenaries as far away from the "running through walls" type that Lambert wants and look certain to be relegated.Much more worrying for me is Aston Villa. Houllier has failed miserably and I think they''ll want to revert to Martin O''Neill type. 

It''s a fair cop Nuff Said. Didn''t read the article. Only get The Guardian to see if I can get a cushy public sector job:-)

Wet sham: Complete shambles of a club heading for the trap door and financial meltdown. I think Lambo would rather go to Burnley!

Canarino"]So, they think he''d rather go to a club that is being relegated than stay with the team he''s built which is going up? I don''t think that''s likely. And when he DOES go to another club, I can''''t see it being West Ham somehow. I would hope he has bigger ambitions than that!

Exactly!

You know, ask me several months ago and I wouldn''t have been so confident. A quick jump to the Prem to showcase his managerial skills would have been tempting i''m sure...

But he quite obviously loves this club and I just honestly can''t see him abandoning us the first season in the Prem.

Gets relegated next season or saves us a place or two off bottom and he may say I''ve taken you as far as I can which would be fair enough if he gets a good offer from a bigger club. I just can''t see it this season.

Surely its better on his CV to keep Norwich in the Prem than just to finish mid-table with another team like Sunderland/Bolton/Blackburn etc where at best mid-table is all you can achieve but relegation can happen.