Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

The trophy is at Carrow Road....

The Barry Butler Memorial Trophy

The Texaco Cup

The Milk Cup

The High Memorial Trophy

and I''ve got a sneaky feeling that we''re going to be seeing another one rather soon.

Whatever happens regarding the bleedin'' trophy, who really gives a sh!t

I''m really enjoying this!!

Come On You Yellows !!

Goin'' Up! Up! Up!

Without doubt we are in the best position in the League at the moment. We are up and thats that. No ifs, no buts. Trophy would be a bonus but who really cares either way? Back to back promotions is amazing whether its as twice champions or not. I don''t think our celebrations on Tuesday will be any different whether there is a trophy there or not. Its just a bit of fun now watching the others squirm.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Without doubt we are in the best position in the League at the moment. We are up and thats that. No ifs, no buts. Trophy would be a bonus but who really cares either way? Back to back promotions is amazing whether its as twice champions or not. I don''t think our celebrations on Tuesday will be any different whether there is a trophy there or not. Its just a bit of fun now watching the others squirm.[/quote]Agreed, trophy or no trophy no one can underestimate the incredible job Lambert and his players have done over the last 2 seasons. I''m really not that fussed about winning the league as it''s not like we haven''t won it before, promotion is promotion. The biggest positive out of being awarded the league title would be that Lambert would now have a Championship winners medal to add to his impressive CV, he deserves it.

Don''t you get some kind of shield for coming second?

I think it was introduced because the team who wins the Play Offs gets a trophy and they think its unfair that the Play Off winners get a trophy but the team who finished above them don''t.

[quote user="Boyo"]Don''t you get some kind of shield for coming second?

I think it was introduced because the team who wins the Play Offs gets a trophy and they think its unfair that the Play Off winners get a trophy but the team who finished above them don''t.[/quote]

That must be what we''ve got here then.Hopefully we''ll have the real thing for Tuesday...

perhaps the F.A will wait till monday to make a decision monday or tuesday morning and fly the trophy up to us in time for the parade !!! either way it will be a great day for us all !!!!!

Would prefer to remain were we are, far better to be an honourable 2nd, with everyones congrat''s on a fine season, than have the championship handed to us for QPR''s off the field misdomeaners with the stigma of not actually winning it outright which im sure will come with it.

Don''t care two figs about the glittery stuff. Whoever goes up this year, we all start on equal terms in the Prem next season. Just happy my ticker has been spared the playoffs. Glittery stuff next season may just evoke a bit more emotion though :)

[quote user="kiwigreenandgold"]

Don''t care two figs about the glittery stuff. Whoever goes up this year, we all start on equal terms in the Prem next season. Just happy my ticker has been spared the playoffs. Glittery stuff next season may just evoke a bit more emotion though :)

[/quote]

Couldnt agree more. Getting over the line is all that matters. We won the league at a canter the last time we were promoted to the Premiership. But it was in fact West Brom in 2nd place who went on to clinch Premier League surivival the year after. That was the real victory.

Fannytasticfanboycrapideanumberone;

They should deduct QPR enough points and goals to ensure a ''play-off'' between them and us for the title.

I would rather QPR are deducted some points for the start of next season. That being said if the FA did decide to give us the trophy then I wouldn''t complain. Put it this way, if this had been sorted out say two months ago, I bet nobody would have complained if we won the league. It''s the FA''s fault for not sorting things out more quickly, not ours.