Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

LAMBERT...Back him

board!!..Paul has stated he will be talking to the board during next week about how much of the pot will be available to him,and he stresses he needs to have a fair share so we can compete!

So please PLEASE BACK HIM,and if you do,YOU MORE THAN DESERVE YOUR STATUE! :)

No, remember that McNally will have a big say in this. Knowing him he will pay off the debts and blow the rest on fast cars and wild parties.

I would suspect that the current board, having learnt from experience of the previous encumbents, will want to avoid a situation similar to the inability to bring in Ashton until January in the 03 / 04 season.

Panic ye not !

im sure they will as they have backed him since he has arrived :) Just want the board to know how strongly we feel!

Then even if the worse happens,at least we will know the board tried its best :)

If you don''t mind Blah, I will have a little panic, Delia, Jones and Co have form in not backing managers to the hilt, if they don''t this time, trust me, PLwill walk!

His stock is sky high.

Interesting quotes from PL today and if I''m not mistaken he''s having a pop at McNally''s "we will stay in the premier league" statement from the other day!?!

The first time there''s been any hint of possible discord / disagreement since PL has been here.

Anyhow, not to worry....the sun has come out and today is gonna be immense. It''s PARTY time!!!!

blahblahblah"]I would suspect that the current board, having learnt from experience of the previous encumbents, will want to avoid a situation similar to the inability to bring in Ashton until January in the 03 / 04 season.

Panic ye not !

Exactly!

I''m sure they il look at the 2004-05 season and the close season before it and see where errors were made!

That combined with Lambert not going down the route of over rated foriegners, show ponies who''d rather be elsewhere and other inadequate players and I think we''ll make a better fist of it than 6 years ago!

Anyway messrs Mcnally and Lambert are more wiser and more go ahead than Donaster and Worthy!

[quote user="Stevo"]Interesting quotes from PL today and if I''m not mistaken he''s having a pop at McNally''s "we will stay in the premier league" statement from the other day!?!

The first time there''s been any hint of possible discord / disagreement since PL has been here.

Anyhow, not to worry....the sun has come out and today is gonna be immense. It''s PARTY time!!!![/quote]Stevo i knew as soon as i read it,it was PL`s "expect nothing and other teams will underestimate us" mantra!

He has lived by this since he took over.after charlton at home "Listen if you asked the fans after the opening game of the season will you be happy to be mid table by november,they wouldve bitten your hand off!"

And same thing when we were outside the playoffs after orient match "Im sure all the fans would take a playoff place now if asked"

Same this season

"we need to make sure we get enough points so we dont get relegated"

NO there isnt a divide just Paul likes to start with no expectations and then take everyone by suprise!

Read it again and you will see he is showing us that with his"the fans trust me.or should trust me"

[quote user="First Wizard"]

If you don''t mind Blah, I will have a little panic, Delia, Jones and Co have form in not backing managers to the hilt, if they don''t this time, trust me, PLwill walk!

His stock is sky high.

[/quote]They also have FORM backing PL!!

"They also have FORM backing PL!! "

Indeed, and they also fully backed Roeder and Grant too.

We were led to believe that the reason Ashton didn''t arrive until January was because Norwich didn''t get the money from Sky in the bank early enough ? I think they''ll find ways around this problem this time, to ensure that Lambert and team hit the ground running.

I fear City will try to do this on the cheap, again, we lost O''Neil because of penny pinching, lets all prey history isn''t about to repeat itself.

If it does we''re buggered.

"we lost O''Neil because of penny pinching".

To be fair Wiz, that was 20 years ago, with a different set of people in charge.

The ball is entirely in the boards court now... they MUST back Lambert or we will lose him.we have an opportunity this football club may never get again, with Lambert at the helm and with clever building etc I honestly believe we will be challenging for trophies an honours for years to come... maybe in 10 years we can be a top 4 side?if the board stick their heads up their backsides again then it will be a travesty... Lambert wont ask for players who will break the bank.. he will want funds though...over to you board!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I fear City will try to do this on the cheap, again, we lost O''Neil because of penny pinching, lets all prey history isn''t about to repeat itself.

If it does we''re buggered.

[/quote]This is not a time for fear Wiz, its a time for hope. McNally and Bowkett know what they are doing so I suggest we give them the trust that they have earned.

I have every faith in the current set up at the club. I see no reason to be concerned at the moment.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"we lost O''Neil because of penny pinching". To be fair Wiz, that was 20 years ago, with a different set of people in charge.[/quote]

Same principles still apply my friend.

PS. Good post Jas.

"McNally and Bowkett know what they are doing so I suggest we give them the trust that they have earned."

Spot on Ricardo - Enjoy that Peroni today !

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"McNally and Bowkett know what they are doing so I suggest we give them the trust that they have earned."

Spot on Ricardo - Enjoy that Peroni today ![/quote]I''m gonna wait until after the match Blah, just in case I get caught in the Gents when the goals go in. I don''t want to miss a minute of the action today. Days like this are what make all those barren years worthwhile.

This is partially right

Worthington was given 4m to spend in the summer of 2004 inc wages in 1st year!! This was never ever going to be enough and lead to the absurd spectacle of Doherty and McVeigh up front in the 1st few weeks of season.

Grant was given a fair amount in Championship and Roeder seems to have been a comparative lot though he blasted it on loans.

We need up to 12 M injected including signing on fees in the summer, take maybe 5M off the debt and then see where we are, that should please all parties.

I think Lambert knows we need 6-8 players in as we did last year

I imagine a lot of it is out of the board''s hands also. By getting to the Prem there will certainly be clauses triggered in all kinds of repayments and debts owned etc.Aren''t the Turners'' entitled to their £2m back now? There is every chance the repayments to AXA and Lloyds will increase now we are in the Prem and possibly a lump sum required also. All the players and manageress will be due a bonus and wage increase.Also the money from the Premier League doesn''t all arrive on the first day of the season, it comes in monthly payments and then a lump sum of around 50% of the money comes at the end of the season. Of course the club can borrow against this promised payment, but as in any situation when borrowing you are paying back more than you get.I''m sure we will see a healthy investment in the playing staff, but remember the 7 year plan; one year in the Prem, get relegated and then have a go again. As Lambert himself said in an interview I heard "why would this have changed".

"Also the money from the Premier League doesn''t all arrive on the first day of the season, it comes in monthly payments and then a lump sum of around 50% of the money comes at the end of the season."

Interesting - that would explain the Ashton thing last time. Might suggest that we shouldn''t expect large transfer fees - maybe more players out of contract than anything else ?