Sign in to follow this  
Canaries4ever

Lawro's Prediction

He''s predicted Norwich to lose 2-0 and has said this;

As for Norwich, it''s hard to see where their next win of any sort is going to come from and I''m afraid I can''t see them staying up.

Does he know anything about football?

Same old story...he probably doesn''t even know where Norwich is! We''ll just have to ignore his silly jibes and prove him wrong. When we stay up, we can collect all his mistakes and flood his email with them, telling him what a loser HE is!

Until then, let''s keep positive and get behind the team.

Take the yellow and green tinted specs off guys!!  Can YOU see where the next win is coming from? Given our current run I am struggling to tell, OK, we have signed Ashton but he is untried at this level. Our injury list is terrible, probably the worst of all the teams down the bottom(or possibly the entire Prem).

I''m not a Lawro fan, but it''s not hard to see why he has predicted a Villa win is it?

"Does he know anything about football?" - IMO only in the sense of how an ex-footballer can look at bit smarmy whilst being a mediocre pundit on MoTD.  Anyone else noticed the sideways shifty look Lawro gives at the camera when it pans out and he''s not sure whether he is in shot or not?

Or maybe it''s just me...

I wouldn''t get upset about this.  Plus he''s just being honest, how many people other than City fans really think we are going to stay up?  There are some City fans who will agree with him that we are going down.

Simple fact is we have won just 2 games, so it''s quite reasonable for him to question when are where we are going to get another win.

It''s up to City to prove him wrong and to do a Keegan "I would love it, love it" if we beat Villa 3-0 with a Deano hat-trick and stayed up this season!

[quote]He''s predicted Norwich to lose 2-0 and has said this; As for Norwich, it''s hard to see where their next win of any sort is going to come from and I''m afraid I can''t see them staying up. Does he kn...[/quote]

Well as we are in the bottom three and have 17 fit professionals I would say yes he does know what he''s talking about.

At the start of the Euro who thought Greece would end up Champions so anything is possible....the supporters of this football club have got to get behind the team as much as possible....who knows we might even surprise a few pundits along the way to the end of the season.....and who thought we could beat Bolton......we showed them then and i wouldn''t be surprised if we caused an upset on Saturday.....come on city!!!!!!!!  

As always, Lawro fails to take in the bigger picture. Yes, wins may be short in coming. Yes, we can see Norwich failing to stay up. And it is a possibility!

But look at the bigger picture. Southampton have to entertain the top five at home in their last eight games, and end with Portsmouth on the last day. Who better a team to actually want to nail Southampton into relegation.

Palace also have to play Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Boro, Spurs, an in form Birmingham (very soon) and Everton. all quickly together.

WBA have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Boro, Spurs, Charlton, Birmingham all in quick succession.

Where as we have WBA, Blackburn and Man City all in a row. Yes, after that we have Chelsea, Bolton, Arsenal and Utd, but we end the season with a nice run of Palace, Charlton, Southampton and finally Fulham.

If Lawro can''t see where our wins are going to come, he needs to get some glasses! I think we can beat Palace. We can also get wins at WBA, Blackburn and Man City, if we get ourselves organised and injuries sorted. Chelsea, Bolton and Utd will be hard, but if we can pick up a point against Bolton, we''ll be fine!

Of course he''s not often wrong, like most TV experts he waits ''til mid-season, looks at the table, picks three from the bottom four and ''covers his ass'' with bland comments like "I can''t see where their next win will come from" or "with their injuries, they''re going to find it tough" Sure, the TV companies pay these so called experts because they are supposed to be right most of the time. Trouble is most pundits ''play safe'' backing the big boys when most viewers like nothing more than seeing the underdogs win. This is why the Prem is a three horse race, because the media promote the big boys every week (the main game always features one of the top sides) while at the same time slating the sides lower down the league with comments like "lacking quality" or "struggling side".

Wouldn''t our TV be much more entertaining if some of our pundits stuck there neck out occasionaly, after all there are enough points available for West Brom to finish mid-table, it''s unlikely, and we certainly wouldn''t want to see it happen but it''s the sort of thing a Baggies fan would want to hear when he''s watching MotD.

I''m sorry folks, but I don''t see how you can criticise him for this prediction (or his comments). We''ve lost five out of six, we''re in a relegation position, we''ve got two wins all season, we''ve got nearly a whole team''s worth of players injured etc etc. Would you be so surprised if his prediction is right? Saying that, I dearly wish he''s wrong.

Anyway, not the most positive first post, but there you go.

Hello, I''m new by the way.