Sign in to follow this  
Cambridge yellow

Interesting quote from PL

saying that players wont be coming here on 50 - 60 K a week. I wont happen he says, it just wont.

Some may raise concern at this , saying it wont allow us to get in the sort of players that we will need to compete in the prem but i''m chuffed to bits with these comments.  I''m so against these sort of wages and i''m hoping that shows PL is going to continue to choose players of the same mindset that has worked so well over the last 2 seasons.

I suppose we never really expected Lambert to do or say anything else , did we?

Dont you just love the guy.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]so 30 or 40 k a week is our limit? ..... i would play for 3/4 k! :)[/quote]

I''d be interested to know what the REAL pay of some of the lower prem players / championship is. Yea, some of us read what the rags say but you never really know , do you.

I also see he''s asked for his fair share of the prem mopney thats coming to the club for players. That again is something that i can see McNally sorting out sensibly.

Dont you just love McNally as well .

In the 30 year sof supporting i cant recall feeling so happy with the way the club is being run at the minute, not just whats happening on the pitch.

Interesting comments re Players Wages from Lord Sugar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13295273

The club needs to make money, that secures its future in the Prem.

I think the average salary is something like 10k a week in the prem.

He is right and also paying this will not get us far anyhow just look at West Ham.

Better we buy the best players from the championship under 26/27 so if the worst happens we can sell on just like we did with Aston.

Would like to see players like sinclair/Maynard signed etc

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]Id play for free wink wink so if your reading this paul PM me and il be there for todays game holt needs a break anyway LOL[/quote]

Glad you didnt misspell wink :)

Half the fun of it is to find hidden gems in the lower leagues... and the same will apply in the Premiership I hope.No big time charlies like we have now and a close knit unit playing together. All for one and one for all as they say.

Agree with you Cambridge yellow.

McNally has really steadied the ship and him and Paul Lambert have to take the major credit for this.

Nearly 40 years Ive been following city and this is the most positive i have ever felt. And its down to these 2 men really

Yesssss! well done holty!

Sorry lol.

I just hope that PL stays with us.  Much bigger shop window, excellent manager, Fergie due to retire sooner or later (or possibly when his nose explodes)...[:-*]

There was a piece about Emanuel Aberdeyour (sp?) who Real madrid said wouldn''t meet City''s valuation of 14 million and 5.7 million per year in wages - for a donkey like abedeyor!!!

[quote user="Cambridge yellow"]

saying that players wont be coming here on 50 - 60 K a week. I wont happen he says, it just wont.

Some may raise concern at this , saying it wont allow us to get in the sort of players that we will need to compete in the prem but i''m chuffed to bits with these comments.  I''m so against these sort of wages and i''m hoping that shows PL is going to continue to choose players of the same mindset that has worked so well over the last 2 seasons.

I suppose we never really expected Lambert to do or say anything else , did we?

Dont you just love the guy.

[/quote]

Oh come on.  It was never going to happen........ LOL  

We obviously don''t yet know if Blackpool will survive, but they are making a fist of it. Their wage maximum is said to be £10K. So it seems a sound strategy to keep our wages well below the 50-60K mark, but I would hope that we are ambitious enough to go a bit higher than what Blackpool are prepared to pay.

ND

Blimey, Mr Cluckbert. 10 out of 10 for that comment.

And average wage of £10k a week in the Prem?! More like £40k. Most of the top 6 are probably on £100k - £250k a week

I think the point Lambert is making is.  If the club went out and paid stupid wages to a couple of ''superstars'' and they played like a pair of tosspots, it''d be the fastest way to destroy the team''s morale.  Players would be hammering the manager''s door down wanting to know why Tweedledumb & Tweedledee was getting so much money for swinging the lead.

I''m certain we can sign 4-5 of the best Championship/League 1 players combined with Lamberts great man management and motivation and be more than competitive in the Premiership!

[quote user="The ſhroud of Turin"]I think the point Lambert is making is.  If the club went out and paid stupid wages to a couple of ''superstars'' and they played like a pair of tosspots, it''d be the fastest way to destroy the team''s morale.  Players would be hammering the manager''s door down wanting to know why Tweedledumb & Tweedledee was getting so much money for swinging the lead.[/quote]

WARNING - remember Finidi George ...!

I thought the subs used yesterday were interesting. Adam Drury on for one last farewell performance perhaps? But using the two loan guys, Lansbury and Pacheco, rather than Lappin and Chris Martin, could it mean he''s telling the loan guys that there is a place in our squad next year if they''re up for it?

I hope so Yellow Hammer. In my opinion the first bit of business has to be getting Lansbury on a season long loan and Pacheco until January.We''re gonna need some ball winners next season and at present we have 4 in our team that can win the ball anywhere on the pitch. Holt, Crofts, Lansbury, and Pacheco. We''re gonna be needing their services next season.