Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Middlesborough Fire Sale!

Middlesborough need to urgently reduce their wage bill from £24m to £10m, not an envious task reducing a wage bill by £14m and to that level for a Champs side.  Anyway Middlesbrough can''t afford to draw out transfer negotiations so will likely accept cut price offers.

Could any of Boro''s players do a decent job for us in the Prem and thus worth sticking in a cheeky low bid?

So that explains why the players started performing recently. Chrissy Martin syndrome...... LOL

Where you hearing that from?

Lita''s gonna be high on everyones list, what about Scott Mcdonald or Barry Robson???

I think Dury has played his last game for us today so we could do with a back up. and Lita would be good, but no more from middlesbourgh.

Marvin Emnes is by far there best player judging by his performance against Cardiff, he could be a very good player in the Prem under Lambert and I hope he makes a bid for him.

Emnes could be a possibility and could fit in well at C R if he has the temperment that Lambert is looking for. Barry Robson and Nicky Bailey could also attract Lambert''s attention.

Different figures banded about, but you get the idea -

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2011/04/18/boro-chairman-steve-gibson-breaks-silence-84229-28539148/

The Boro boss said: “Everyone knows we have to cut our wage bill dramatically. We will wait and see what happens in the summer.

“But we have some talented players who are not affecting the wage bill.

“These days happen. I was manager of West Brom, who were striving to get out of this league.

“The crowd are tight and nervous and every chance against you hits the back of the net.” -

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/189116/Cardiff-0-Middlesbrough-3-We-owe-you-for-horror-Jones/

http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster_rovers_vs_middlesbrough_1_3348638

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1383380/Bolton-set-Middlesbroughs-Rhys-Williams.html

[quote user="smiley"]I think Dury has played his last game for us today
[/quote]

Do you really think this?  I can see why, cause of his age and injuries, but i still think hes got a role to play next season as competition for Tierney.  Hes also one of the few with a little bit of prem experience...

Who is the aussie left back for them who played against Cardiff, black hair. Put in a right shift, I''d fancy him as centre half cover. Think Bolton might be in for him, he looked very impressive.

Extra advantage for Andrew Taylor is that he''s out of contract in June. Think he got a nice assist yesterday too (though it may have been someone else).

[quote user="paul moy"]So that explains why the players started performing recently. Chrissy Martin syndrome...... LOL[/quote]What utter toss.

[quote user="paul moy"]So that explains why the players started performing recently. Chrissy Martin syndrome...... LOL[/quote]

Was that really necessary?

Good to see any of our players doing well, either on loan or at home. Why would anyone want to belittle what he has done?