Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Hoolahan Finally Gets His Chance

A very good article relating to our little Irishman...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/hoolahan-taking-flight-with-canaries-2640283.html

interesting that he refuses to speak about Rodent! I would love Hucks to come out one day and tell the fans what he was really like. Although i think we have a fairly good idea already it would be great to hear it from a footballers perspective....

Hucks spoke about the Rodent during a dinner at Carrow Road the night before the Swindon away game last year. Roeder tried to pack him away on loan towards the end of the 07/08 season. He then called Hucks into his office and released him at the end of the season. Before Hucks could tell his family it was on Sky Sports News. Just an awful manager. Thats what makes today all the more sweeter. Enjoy it people!

Nice story about Wes, I''m delighted for the whole squad that they''ll get their chance to play in the top flight, but maybe just a little bit more for Wes. No one could have blamed him for jumping ship when we got relegated and I''m sure he wasn''t short of offers, but he chose to stick with us. It''s a travesty that Trapattoni hasn''t called him up again but I''m sure his time will come.

I think Wes will perform really well in the Premiership - and Trapattoni should brace himself for some severe cricitism for not selecting him earlier.

Wes would be akin to Messi in that National side...

Jacko"]Hucks spoke about the Rodent during a dinner at Carrow Road the night before the Swindon away game last year. Roeder tried to pack him away on loan towards the end of the 07/08 season. He then called Hucks into his office and released him at the end of the season. Before Hucks could tell his family it was on Sky Sports News. Just an awful manager. Thats what makes today all the more sweeter. Enjoy it people!

I can confirm that Hucks thought that Roedernowhere was a d ickhead. - He said this to fans!

Just going back to those desperate days under Roedernowhere shows how far we''ve gone and how important having the right (Or rather a proper) manager!

[quote user="USA Canary"]A very good article relating to our little Irishman...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/hoolahan-taking-flight-with-canaries-2640283.html[/quote]Thanks for the link, good reading.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

I think Wes will perform really well in the Premiership - and Trapattoni should brace himself for some severe cricitism for not selecting him earlier.

Wes would be akin to Messi in that National side...

[/quote]Agreed, or David Silva at Man City - small players with enough guile and skill to make the best of defenders look stupid.  As long as there is a good balance to the squad next year Wes should not get double teamed like this season so could do even more damage with the extra freedom.

Wes will rip it up next season IMO. I think in some cases you actually get a little more time on the ball on the PL compared to the Championship. Especially as someone has mentioned, he won''t be double team marked the way he is at this level.