Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Additions for next season

I would like a new goal keeper to replace Ruddy, but would love to see him given a chance. Dispite the stick he''s taken he''s been ruddy good for us. I feel dury has played his last minuites of football today and we need cover in his position. A new CB with premier league expiriance whoes out to prove a point. And a striker to give competition to Holt and if we can a small striker. I feel our midfield is more than capable of competing with the best. Would be nice to see a couple of pacey wingers come in but they cost.So with a Goalkeeper, Left Back Centerback, 2 Strikers we''ll be set to go. I''m looking forward to next season allready!

[quote user="smiley"]I would like a new goal keeper to replace Ruddy, but would love to see him given a chance. Dispite the stick he''s taken he''s been ruddy good for us. I feel dury has played his last minuites of football today and we need cover in his position. A new CB with premier league expiriance whoes out to prove a point. And a striker to give competition to Holt and if we can a small striker. I feel our midfield is more than capable of competing with the best. Would be nice to see a couple of pacey wingers come in but they cost.

So with a Goalkeeper, Left Back Centerback, 2 Strikers we''ll be set to go. I''m looking forward to next season allready!

[/quote]

Do you not see the problem with this statement?

Ruddy is a good keeper but needs experienced backup, other than that a very good CB, Lansbury and Pacheco on loan again and a class striker.

I don''t understand why people are saying about signing a huge amount of players from relegated premier league clubs - they have failed to keep one club up, why should they help another?

The only player I would have from a potentially relegated team is Scott Parker - but that will never happen!

My list of players to sign currently consists of:

Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace)

Jamie O Hara (Spurs - I know what you will say after what I just said "he is part of a Wolves team that are going down"- yes, but he is actually a Spurs player, and had he been at Wolves all season many of their fans think they would have a better team)

Shane Long (Reading - if they dont go up)

They are all I can think of now - think we need an experienced keeper as back up too,so we can send Rudd / Steer on loan.

Also, I would like to see a defensive midfielder to compete with Fox - although I think he has genuine PL class.

If we''re gunna get Elliot Bennett (which I think we should) we''ll also need to get a left winger unless we are going to play an odd asymmetrical system with only 1 winger. I reckon we need about 10 players, mainly for competition and cover.

If we are looking at getting another striker in, not sure how much they will cost but depending who goes down, but Ba of WHU or either Rodallega of Wigan, maybe unrealistic but could always try and get them.

Westwood - cov

K.treacy - pne

Morgan - forest

Williams - Swansea

Mcnaugton- Leicester/spurs

Snodgrass - Leeds

Mcgugan - forest

Cohen - forest

Sinclair - Swansea

Graham - watford

Nugent - Pompey

There''s 11 players from the championship in their positions that we

should we should consider buying. Obviously alot depends on the outcome of promotion ( I hope forest and swans don''t make it ) but the above players are exactly the type we should look to add

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Westwood - cov

K.treacy - pne

Morgan - forest

Williams - Swansea

Mcnaugton- Leicester/spurs

Snodgrass - Leeds

Mcgugan - forest

Cohen - forest

Sinclair - Swansea

Graham - watford

Nugent - Pompey

There''s 11 players from the championship in their positions that we

should we should consider buying. Obviously alot depends on the outcome of promotion ( I hope forest and swans don''t make it ) but the above players are exactly the type we should look to add[/quote]Mcguigan from Forest looks more than capable of making the step up and is one we should consider if they don''t go up. Also think we need to inject a bit more pace into the team and Sinclair certainly has that in abundance.

Some good suggestions so far. I reckon the following:-

GK- Kieran Westwood (Cov)- apparently available on free and amazed he hasn''t already made the move to the prem. Either him or someone like Chris Kirkland

DC- Martin Taylor (Watford)- had good spell with us before, has prem experience and we could get him for a decent price

DC- Dedryck Boyata (Man City)- has a few games for Man City, still young and would have the hunger to prove himself more regularly

MC- agree that this looks pretty solid anyway but getting in another strong ball winning midfielder in the middle of the park would be a good addition. Jamie O''Hara springs to mind.

Winger/creative mid- Bentley (Spurs)- doesn''t seem to have got a decent run at Birmingham and unlikely to play for Spurs again anytime soon. Still would have the hunger to prove himself. Chris Eagles of Burnley or Lawrence at Portsmouth would be good choices as well

Strikers- Mackail-Smith almost certainly will be looking for a move but dont want to pay over the odds for him. Someone like Danny Welbeck would be useful as would Matt Derbyshire for a pacy striker. Nicky Maynard of Bristol City might be a decent shout as well.

We could speculate all day but I just cant wait for the signings to commence!

I fully trust Lambert to get it right anyway! I would like to see any from the realistic targets listed below:Lansbury (Permanent)Pacheco (Loan)From other clubs:Forster (Newcastle)Woodgate (Loan or Perm if fit to rebuild his career) (Tottenham)Sinclair (Swansea)Kebe (Reading)McGugan (Forest)O''Hara (Tottenham) I would love to get him!Long (Reading)I have a feeling a few excellent German players will be found from the Bundesliga given Lamberts connections. This would be a great source for becoming an efficient hard to beat Prem team capable of winning a cup!

I think that any additions will either be made to sure up our leaky defence or to provide cover/competition.Goalkeepers:  Fraser Forster (loan), Westwood (free)Defenders:  Clyne, Upson (free), EvattMidfielders: Gibson (loan)Strikers: Owen, Long

Upson is on 50k a week and Green is on 23k (West Ham released their wage bill last year.

Nugent is probably on around 30k

Owen is probably on more than that (though to be fair a lot of it is probably dependant on his playing games)

Bentley is supposed to be on around 60k (and is just about the least ''hungry'' player around)

I think people need to start thinking more realistically. Lambert has said we''re not going to be signing players on huge wages, so well known Premiership players are very unlikely, even if they are reaching the end of their careers.

We''ve got a good shot at some top championship players, but even the top amongst them would probably rather wait until the January window to see if a)We look like we might stay up b)whether their current team looks like going up. For example even if Swansea don''t go up I doubt Sinclair will come to us. He''d probably either stay at Swansea as their undisputed star, or move to a more established Premier team.

Luckily we have a manager who can spot undeveloped or misused talent so I''d expect less well known names to come in, some from the reserves of premiership teams, some from the championship and maybe a few from other countries.

I think a lot could depend on the play offs. Say if Forest and Reading miss out then I would be looking at Cohen, Kebe, Anderson, Mills and Long, if Cardiff miss out maybe a cheeky try at Jay Bothroyd (although I seriously doubt it would happen). As for goalkeepers I think we need some competition for Ruddy, not really sure who though to be honest.

[quote user="king canary"]I think a lot could depend on the play offs. Say if Forest and Reading miss out then I would be looking at Cohen, Kebe, Anderson, Mills and Long, if Cardiff miss out maybe a cheeky try at Jay Bothroyd (although I seriously doubt it would happen). As for goalkeepers I think we need some competition for Ruddy, not really sure who though to be honest.
[/quote]

Apparently, Boothroyd is free this summer.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="king canary"]I think a lot could depend on the play offs. Say if Forest and Reading miss out then I would be looking at Cohen, Kebe, Anderson, Mills and Long, if Cardiff miss out maybe a cheeky try at Jay Bothroyd (although I seriously doubt it would happen). As for goalkeepers I think we need some competition for Ruddy, not really sure who though to be honest. [/quote]

Apparently, Boothroyd is free this summer.

[/quote]Yeah I know but to be honest I think he will go to Newcastle for no other reason that it is such a perfect fit for both clubs- Newcastle need a big strong striker to lead the line, he is a free transfer and their chairman doesnt like spending money.

Elliot BennetMax GradelLansbury ( permanent move, although interviews show he wants to make a go of it at Arsenal :( )Pacheco  ( year long loan, hes to highly rated for Liverpool to let him go perma )

Not sure if PL will target players such as kebe, bennet and gradel as they wont really fit into the system the team employs. Weve already tried mcnamee and hes wasnt particuarly effective on the right and do you really think lambert will take away the attacking mid role and the playmaking potential of that position or go with one striker?

David Ospina - as kepper. Young Colombian who could challenge Ruddy and keep both on toes.

Stephane Grichting - One of those tough Swiss central defenders. 32 years old though.

Mario Eggiman - Another Swiss tough defender. Good name too. Eggman - Eggiman

Aron Gunnarsson - CovCity ox in the midfield. Young and hungry.

Jimmy Kebe - My championship player of the season is amazing for Reading on the wing.

Garra Dembéle 34 goals in 32 league appearences for Levski Sofia in Bulgaria. I''ve watched some of those games and he is a class or two above the bulgarian league. He is currently top scorer with 2x goals the number 2 has !!!!!

Kolbeinn Sigþórsson - Icelander heavily hunted by Ajax in the close season who are reportedly offering 2 million euro. AZ Alkmaar top scorer this season.