Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Russell Martin for.............Scotland ?!?

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2011/05/08/scotland-looking-all-set-to-come-a-calling-for-martins-services-after-levein-clocks-those-derby-day-heroics/

Congratulations if it happens, but we don''t want too many of our players getting into the habit of losing football matches !!!

I think all of our players would get pride by playing international football.

Get Surman in for Bafana Bafana

R. Martin and whoevere is eligible for Scotland/Wales

W. Hoolahan has to get the nod soon.

S. Jackson is playing for Canada

Zak for the States

A. Crofts for the Welsh

even hope SLappin gets to Scotland.

It just means pride for those players to go out sing the anthem. -> and if they do well its super plus.

[quote user="NauruDude"]I think all of our players would get pride by playing international football. Get Surman in for Bafana Bafana R. Martin and whoevere is eligible for Scotland/Wales W. Hoolahan has to get the nod soon. S. Jackson is playing for Canada Zak for the States A. Crofts for the Welsh even hope SLappin gets to Scotland. It just means pride for those players to go out sing the anthem. -> and if they do well its super plus.[/quote]

And Holt for England [;)]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If Kevin Davies did this season, is it wholly out of the question??[/quote]

I guess we''ll have to find out how he does in PL. If he starts very will with f.x. 4 in first 6 games then it''s possible.

If I was Russell Martin, in all honesty, I would hold out for England.

RB has been a ''problem position'' for the national side, and with no outstanding candidates, Martin is probably one good season away from getting into squads at least.

[quote user="NauruDude"]I think all of our players would get pride by playing international football.

Get Surman in for Bafana Bafana

R. Martin and whoevere is eligible for Scotland/Wales

W. Hoolahan has to get the nod soon.

S. Jackson is playing for Canada

Zak for the States

A. Crofts for the Welsh

even hope SLappin gets to Spain.

It just means pride for those players to go out sing the anthem. -> and if they do well its super plus.[/quote]

I don''t think R. Martin would get the nod over other English right backs though, Capello seems to like Johnson and Richards.

No thanks. They all deserve it and everything, but I''m more than happy whilst they are injury free and less known to other clubs, meaning we might lose them. [:(]

If no more of our players ever get international recognition then that''s less chance of an injury so all good!

[quote user="AJ"]I don''t think R. Martin would get the nod over other English right backs though, Capello seems to like Johnson and Richards.[/quote]I don''t know, Nicky Shorey at left back managed to get in after a good first Premier League season with Reading. And I think the right back situation now is certainly no better than the left back situation was then.