Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Adam Drury, the end ?

Couldn''t see a post on this already.

Anyone else find it weird Drury came on yesterday when the other subs were Pacheco and Lansbury who were getting a farewell send off from the crowd. Was wondering if Drury was getting the same.

I would guess he''s the biggest earner at the club and his salary is probably due to increase with promotion and is no longer first choice, so maybe PL doesn''t want his biggest earner on the bench.

Perhaps we have seen the last of Drury. If so it will be sad but I trust PL.

We''re obviously going to need at least 2 players for every position next season, so we will need somebody to provide competition for Tierney at LB, I too wonder whether Lambert sees Drury as that competition?,

There were times when we were last in the premiership when Drury struggled and 7 years on would have concerns as to whether he could cut it at that level?

I wonder whether his testimonial is scheduled for the beginning or the end of next season ?!?!

I think McVeigh mentioned something on his Twitter about Drurys last game before his testimonial, not sure if he means his last game for City though....can''t see it being the case unless Lambert brings in another LB as Steven Smith is surely heading for Scotland.

I think we should keep Drury and focus our money elsewhere than LB. He is also the only one who played in our last season so he will notice if it''s all falling to pieces.

It''s been so long, and we''ve turned over so many staff, that Ad''s may be needed to tell the driver which way to point the bloody team bus!

In all seriousness, I think it depends on what effect he currently has on the dressing room. If it''s currently very little then there may not be much reason to keep him. He''s list his place through There''s form and Lappin''s ability to cover two positions, and I don''t see that changing.

Yeah I''ve been impressed with Tierney as well! Seems solid, decent at getting forward and a good character! Class cartwheels at Pompey and against Cov!

If that was the last game for us for Drury then its sad but I trust PL. Drury has been amazing for us and a outstanding loyal player for us, even thought he hasn''t been a key player recently, I will always see him as the legend who led us up to the prem and scored the 4th for us against Borough in that comeback!

GJL, I wouldn''t say Drury struggled in the Premier League!! Considering he was constantly stretched by Hucks pushing forward, he did a stella job defending by himself as well as bombing on forward to get those vital crosses in. He even popped up with that memorable header against Middlesborough. I wouldn''t call that struggling, i''d call that his prime..

Drurys cameo appearance on Saturday makes you wonder but hes still got one year left on his contract!

Drury I thought looked quite sharp on Saturday and wouldn''t have any worries about him being in the squad next season!

[quote user="AJ"]GJL, I wouldn''t say Drury struggled in the Premier League!! Considering he was constantly stretched by Hucks pushing forward, he did a stella job defending by himself as well as bombing on forward to get those vital crosses in. He even popped up with that memorable header against Middlesborough. I wouldn''t call that struggling, i''d call that his prime..
[/quote]

You''ve obviously forgotten the period from Decemeber -March/early April when we were 7 points adrift at the bottom of the table when he was dropped for Simon Charlton then ?!?

I do think he is limited, he is an old style left back but his energy levels are incredible. He looked very sharp in the last game.

To be honest I think we need him next season, in the locker room you need characters and those that have been at the club. For one more season, as his contract dictates, he can be at carrow road, a very capable left back for that period of time. But yes we do have to look for new alternatives

he''ll still be here, people need to stop writing him off, just because a player is over 30 doesn''t mean they become talentless over night. His games might be limited now because of Tierney but is great back up.

It may be a negative way to look at it, but what if (and a big if - but not beyond possibility) we get relegated and need another left back. Tierney is sold, as he is class, and we have sold out on a player who has been extremely loyal. Other possibility is if Tierney is injured next season. Why sell out on a player who has been excellent for us?

This is the route of losing Malky and Iwan last time!