Sign in to follow this  
Mahogany

OK, so say its 40 million we have to spend..

How would you divide it between different area of the squad. No names just how would you split it (including wages).

GK - 500k

Defence - 7.5m

Midfield - 19m

Attack - 13m

There is no way we are going to spend £40million on transfer fees. If Alan Bowkett genuinely has said that there is a £40million kitty then it is likely to include wages, signing on fees, agents fees etc.

I personally think that our midfield is our strongest area so wouldnt spend 19m on improving that, decent strikers come at a price these days so would imagine a bulk would go there and on our back line

I agree that our midfield is strong, but we''re losing Lansbury and Pacheco so we''ll need to get them back or replace them. Think we also need to bring in some wingers and backup for Fox.

Here are some of my suggestions...

Lansbury - £3m

Did well on loan for us, couldnt force his way into our first team so is unlikely to figure for Arsenal. Wenger will probably spend in the summer so thats another reason why I have included him.

Elliot Bennett - £2m + MacNamee

Really good pacy winger, think Lambert will go back for him.

Craig Mackail Smith - £3m

Same reason as Bennett.

Billy Jones - £3m

Can play CB, RB & DM. Too good to go down to league 1 with Preston. Seems a sensible lad and might fancy his chances with us as opposed to bench warming for a higher Prem side.

Shane Long - £3m

First choice striker target for me. Would be an excellent foil for Holt. Our own Lidl version of the Carroll/Suarez partnership. Out of contract the following summer hence the low price.

Adam Lallana - £2m

Left sided I believe. Cover, alternative option to Surman.

All of the above I believe tick the hungry box with what Lambert looks for in a player. Yes all lower league and stepping up, yes I know they lack the Prem experience we need. I just have my doubts that experienced Prem players will take us seriously, dont want journeymen.

I also expect defence and midfield will be bolstered by 2 or 3 from Germany/Scandinavia. And maybe Pacheco on loan again.

Forgot to add that a percentage of the wages for this lot will be raised from selling/releasing the following...

Matt Gill

Owain Tudor Jones

Aaron Wilbraham

Anthony MacNamee

Oli Johnson

Jens Berthel Askou

Cody MacDonald

Plus possible loan fees received for...

Korey Smith

Tom Adeyemi

Chris Martin (?)

Declan Rudd

Dont think we will be paying vast wages in the Premier League. I expect the board will use a certain level of intelligence and utilise a performance based pay/bonus system.

not sure we will have that much too spend and it might be taken a bit too literally what Bowkett said.We will have a few quid in the kitty and i would expect at least 6 or 7 million pounds to be spent.

I expect between 10 & 15m to be spent on players this summer. An additional reason, whuch has come to me in hindsight reading my first post back is that if we go for lower league players who could step up, should the worst happen (relegation) then they would be more likely to stick around and help us get back. Parachute payments should ensure that we could keep them.

I think that is the biggest problem of our last time up. When we went down a good half a dozen couldnt wait to get out soon enough.

I''m sure the scouting team have identified the players, and Paul Lambert already has a list possible targets, and probably some transfers already agreed.

One things for sure, this is going to be the most promising summer in terms of incoming transfers, of my 50 years of supporting Norwich City.

Thanks to everyone at Carrow Road.

I bet we spend around 15 Million and everyone will start asking where all the money has gone as usual. There is always hidden costs and besides we usually buy for an "undisclosed" amount so I guess we will never know how much has been spent. Still looks like it will be an exciting Summer though!

I wonder if we will break our (Dean Ashton) Transfer record purchase.......

On transfer deadline day, 31 January 2006, Earnshaw signed for Norwich City for a fee of £2.75 million (rising to £3.5 million).

Ashton joined Norwich City from Crewe Alexandra for a fee of £3 million in January 2005

You are right!

Are you serious?  You dont understand where the 40 million comes from?[quote user="priceyrice"]Where has this 40 m to spend come from, i bet it will be at the most a quarter of that[/quote]

cheers didn''t see that can''t beleive it though why would he tell every other club how much we are gonna spend, will just push the prices up