Sign in to follow this  
dblm

Second place trophy

What was the trophy we were presented with today? Has second place always been presented with a trophy? I cannot find any info on it.

Any ideas?

[quote user="dblm"]What was the trophy we were presented with today? Has second place always been presented with a trophy? I cannot find any info on it.

Any ideas?[/quote]Best pies in the league

Read somewhere that there was a suggestion that because the play-off winners get to parade a (tin?) pot of some sort and the Champs also get a pot to parade, there should be something awarded to the second-placed team.Presumably to stop them blubbing and say " ''s not fair!" in a whiny, spoilt brat, petulant, sulky kind of way...Do you think they gave the yokels down the road something to ''celebrate'' their ''successful'' season?

Maybe something for being the highest goalscorers in the division

Can''t think it would be for the highest aggregate score in any two derby games or achieving back to back promotions

Nor would it be for having high attendances, second top scorer, player of the month (who has scored as many in the last few weeks as our ''rivals'' scorer has scored all season)

So who knows, if it is a trophy at least it will not be over thirty years old

Yoy can''t have a trophy for third place if you don''t have one for the runners-up, IMO. I''m glad we got a cup, we deserve to have this achievement recognised!