Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Neil Mellor

Sheffield United expressing interest now that Morientes has signed. But I''m not sure Liverpool should be letting him go given the troubles they have had with injuries. They have Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Sinama-Pongolle and Mellor. A team like theirs can afford 5 strikers.

So.........Mellor on loan? Anyone think that''s a good idea?

At full strength w/o Bentley:

Green

Helveg
Doherty
Fleming
Charlton

Jonson
Francis
Safri
Huckerby

Ashton
Mellor

Mulryne
McKenzie
Svensson
Drury/Edworthy

I think he would be a good loan signing I know he did not show much when he played against us recently but he has got something like 6 or 7 goals this season

I don''t think liverpool would let him out on loan

You may not think so ncfc4prem, but plenty of others think otherwise, such as myself.
I''ve only seen him play 6 or 7 times this season, but he looks pretty good and is at least as effective as Bentley has been, if not more so.
I say yes, bring him in Worthy.

Would prefer Pongolle as he has pace and with Ashton holding the ball up he can run on to it and create some chances. Mellor is good but he is not the fastest, similar to Ashton in holding the ball up and being a good finisher.

[quote]Looking at him, he could definitely be tempted to the club by some of Delia''s home cooking![/quote]

Delia''s home cooking means a trip down to the chip shop in the village! Apparently she gets so fed up of doing cooking during the day that when they have the chance, Michael fetches the takeaway (true story). 

I would have to say no. I thought he was poor at FCR last week and did not impress while on loan at West Ham. He has had a couople of goals in a run this season but his overall play has not impressed me at all.I agree that I would be far more interested in Pongolle but cant see LFC letting him out of on loan. Any was a midfielder or central defender are our priorities.OTBC

NO from me as well. I have a mate who''s WHU fan, and he said Mellor was awful for them.

He seems pretty immobile, and not very talented, but other than that he might be ok.

I''d take him on loan.  The lad has talent.  He''s shown that in the past few weeks at Liverpool when they have had their striker crisis.  It must have been hard for him at West Ham.  It was his first really taste of regular football.  Now he has more experience.  I''d take him

Certainly not. He scored a lucky goal against Arsenal and it has all been blown way out of proportion. I think he only managed about four goals for West Ham in the whole of last season - he is overrated. What we need now is proven quality - not the Elvis Hammonds of this world

[quote]I would have to say no. I thought he was poor at FCR last week and did not impress while on loan at West Ham. He has had a couople of goals in a run this season but his overall play has not impresse...[/quote]

Spot on Zippers.... again.