Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

If Green leaves West Ham United

☆alysha☆ said :

-----------------------

''love to get Forster back here too, but we all know he is after practically guarnateed first team football, and Ruddy deserves his chance, so doubt Forster would want to come in as competetion/back up unless Lambert can gurantee with Forster that if Ruddy does have a dip in form he will be ruthless.

-----------------------

Wouldn''t Artur Boruc also have expected to be first choice rather than being back-up to Ruddy ?  I don''t think Lambert is interested in sentiment at all, and Ruddy will get a chance but not a guarantee. He wants top competition between players for each spot and the best on form at the time will be playing. No player is guaranteed a place in Lambert''s teams and that is one reason we have performed well for two seasons. Lambert is obviously looking for a goalkeeper that he thinks is at least equal to Ruddy for proper competition, and that surely has to be the way to go in all positions at this level.

[quote user="paul moy"]

☆alysha☆ said :

-----------------------

''love to get Forster back here too, but we all know he is after practically guarnateed first team football, and Ruddy deserves his chance, so doubt Forster would want to come in as competetion/back up unless Lambert can gurantee with Forster that if Ruddy does have a dip in form he will be ruthless.

-----------------------

Wouldn''t Artur Boruc also have expected to be first choice rather than being back-up to Ruddy ?  I don''t think Lambert is interested in sentiment at all, and Ruddy will get a chance but not a guarantee. He wants top competition between players for each spot and the best on form at the time will be playing. No player is guaranteed a place in Lambert''s teams and that is one reason we have performed well for two seasons. Lambert is obviously looking for a goalkeeper that he thinks is at least equal to Ruddy for proper competition, and that surely has to be the way to go in all positions at this level.

[/quote]

I agree that is the way we should be conducting business, my post wasn''t about sentiment but more so Forster wanting to be guaranteed the number one shirt, of course now he has gone out and got some more first team football that he wanted his attitude may have changed in that he is ready to fight the number one shirt in the prem, rather than be loaned out to a club who practically guarantees him first team football

Robert Green gaves us years of good service and i for one didnt wish him ill when he left.. i still dont....Some people on here think a player should play for Norwich and Norwich alone!Having said that i do think Green will be in the championship next season.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I don''t want Green back here, he couldn''t wait to jump ship when ours flounded.[/quote]

Not only that but I really don''t rate him that highly. I''m happy with Ruddy who seems to be getting better and more solid all the time and, for example, if I had to choose between Green and, say, Forster I would go with FF every time.

Let''s face it. Green would be a great signing. Forster would be a great signing. Boruc would be a great signing. Ruddy would give either decent competition for the starting spot. I would trust Mr Lambert to make the right choice given that nice predicament.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Let''s face it. Green would be a great signing. Forster would be a great signing. Boruc would be a great signing. Ruddy would give either decent competition for the starting spot. I would trust Mr Lambert to make the right choice given that nice predicament.[/quote]Agree with that Jonzey [Y]I also think that an additional goalkeeper will be one of the first things on Lamberts summer shopping list.Ruddy has done ok for us in patches this season, but come on, let''s not get over sentimental about what he has done here.  For every couple of good saves he has pulled off he has also made a number of errors.  I for one would like to see a stronger keeper brought in as a priority signing this summer.Competition for right back and another striker that is good in the air and can challenge Holty for a place in the starting line up are also critical areas of the squad for us to add to in my opinion.I think that we will also possibly add another centre half to what we have, along with looking at adding additional strength/depth in numbers in midfield along with another striker with pace possibly.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I stand corrected GP, sorry mate.  [:$]

But I''d still stick with Ruddy, he''ll be fine imho.

[/quote]

Wahay!!!!! While you were absent you must have found religion.

So you all hate any player that leaves any club because they want to better themselves? look if Green is the best chance of us cementing our status as top flight regulars then thats the way to go, week in week out he performs very well. He stayed a season to long in my opinion as he could have gone to a bigger club than WHU, If we get him here for a free that would be business well done, i''m sorry but i''m still not convinced by the unpredictable Ruddy.

Also £90m, we''ll only see half that this season. we still can''t afford to willy nilly money away. Every penny still counts, so yes norfolkbroadslim 15% or 300k whatever, its all important.

I''d rather have Fraser Forster back here than Green!

Green can be good but can also flap a lot!

Anyway Greens probably on a huge wage and we could get just as good if not better for alot less!

Didn''t we give up the sell on rights when we took Peter Grant? Or am I thinking about Dean Ashton?

I find people questioning Greenos loyalty rather ridiculous! He could have easily left when we got relegated from the prem but at least he stayed another season unlike Ashton who went as soon as the chance came along. I was quite happy to see him go when he did as he deserved another crack at the premier league and clearly wasnt going to get anywhere close to it if he stayed with us

Firstly Cottee on Talksport (between noon and 1pm) confirmed that Green has one more season on his contract.

Secondly people should remember that Green signed another contract with us when he could have let existing contract run out. Green showed us loyalty and we eventually collected a transfer fee.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Presumably NCFC will pick up some more cash when he gets transferred in the summer.

One rumour is that Aston Villa want him.

So if its 15% of the profit that will help with our add on payments re R. Martin, Jackson etc.

If he moves for £6m, then its 15% of £4m = £600k.

If he moves for £8m, then its 15% of £6m = £900k.

[/quote]Sorry if this has been mentioned and/or is incorrect, but I thought we waived the Rob Green sell-on clause as part of the deal to bring tactical genius Peter Grant to Carrow Road?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Presumably NCFC will pick up some more cash when he gets transferred in the summer.

So if its 15% of the profit that will help with our add on payments re R. Martin, Jackson etc.

[/quote]Sorry if this has been mentioned and/or is incorrect, but I thought we waived the Rob Green sell-on clause as part of the deal to bring tactical genius Peter Grant to Carrow Road?[/quote]I could be wrong, but I think that was the Dean Ashton sell on clause that we removed as part of the Grant compensation.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]Sorry if this has been mentioned and/or is incorrect, but I thought we waived the Rob Green sell-on clause as part of the deal to bring tactical genius Peter Grant to Carrow Road?[/quote]I could be wrong, but I think that was the Dean Ashton sell on clause that we removed as part of the Grant compensation.[/quote]Result! [B]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Sorry if this has been mentioned and/or is incorrect, but I thought we waived the Rob Green sell-on clause as part of the deal to bring tactical genius Peter Grant to Carrow Road?

[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think that was the Dean Ashton sell on clause that we removed as part of the Grant compensation.
[/quote]

Wacky waving is correct.........its was Ashton add ons that was changed.