Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

If Green leaves West Ham United

Presumably NCFC will pick up some more cash when he gets transferred in the summer.

One rumour is that Aston Villa want him.

So if its 15% of the profit that will help with our add on payments re R. Martin, Jackson etc.

If he moves for £6m, then its 15% of £4m = £600k.

If he moves for £8m, then its 15% of £6m = £900k.

Yeah his contract finishes. So best we can get form him leaving, is him coming back here.... (Maybe not a bad thing? Lona Rudd and Steer out for 2/3 seasons, Green/Ruddy fight for 1st team place, either one being good enough back-up keeper, and then when Green retires, we have Rudd and/or Steer)

If you search on google for Premiership players out of contract 2011 (something like that) the 2/3 places i looked had Green down as out of contract, somewhere is wrong. (and just because its the official West Ham site, doesn''t mean there right)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If you search on google for Premiership players out of contract 2011 (something like that) the 2/3 places i looked had Green down as out of contract, somewhere is wrong. (and just because its the official West Ham site, doesn''t mean there right)[/quote]

How bizarre, you would think that West Ham United FC would know when their players out of contract?  Lol!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If you search on google for Premiership players out of contract 2011 (something like that) the 2/3 places i looked had Green down as out of contract, somewhere is wrong. (and just because its the official West Ham site, doesn''t mean there right)[/quote]

How bizarre, you would think that West Ham United FC would know when their players out of contract?  Lol!

[/quote]

They probably have it right. Maybe his contract extension was missed by everyone.

Wiz, he didn''t jump ship immediately. He stayed another season, and then we accepted a reasonable bid for him. Why do people think Footballs should act any differently to people in any other career? This isn''t a dig at you Wiz, your not the only person by a long shot who have said things about players jumping ship. What ever line of work you are in, if you are offered a job, in a higher position (league in this case), with a higher pay, of course your going to take it, unless something like location is stopping you. And if you don''t take it (if nothings in your way) your a bit silly. As soon as Norwich accepted a bid, he was going to go. I very much doubt he actively looked for a way out of the club, i may be wrong. But he really doesn''t seem like that sort of person. And anyway, that season after relegation was probably the worst he had played for Norwich, so why wouldn''t he want to leave, down a division, poor season, different manager, who would want to stay?

Yeah Ruddy will be fine i think. Its just Rudd may not be up to the job should Ruddy get a 3 match ban, or a long term Injury. And a couple of seasons out on loan would do him good.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I don''t want Green back here, he couldn''t wait to jump ship when ours flounded.[/quote][quote user="milehighcanary"]No thanks.Green found the quickest way out when we were in trouble and needed him most.Next.....[/quote]Jesus wept.He played an entire season for us back in the Championship for fuck''s sake!Also, at the time of leaving us, he was an England goalkeeper, so can you blame him for moving back to the Premier League?Some people.

It''s not that he jumped shipped why i wouldn''t like to see him back, it''s that he''s damaged goods now, a calamity who looks lost whenever picking the ball out of the net. I hope he improves, but cant see it.

We stood by Jackson and got rewards.

So, If Lambert decides to stick with Ruddy then i''m sure the same will happen. Will admit i have serious doubts on Ruddy, but he''s so passionate about the club i''m sure it will come together for him.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I don''t want Green back here, he couldn''t wait to jump ship when ours flounded.[/quote]Quite right Wiz.New faces needed and he wasn''t all that anyway.

You cant compare being a Footballer to any other job GP.

When you are doing your work you dont have 25,000 people paying to watch you do your job and effectivley paying your wage.

Loyalty is a word lost on the modern day footballer and that doesnt just mean Rob Green, a whole bunch of players have shown this club no loyalty and jumped ship. and look where we are now, just shows you the grass isnt always greener............

We now have John Ruddy and Robert Green is past his sell by date for us. He jumped ship when the club needed loyal players, and that will never be forgotten or forgiven by me.

Next you''ll be saying lets get Robert Earnalot back to play for us, give me a break.

The bloke is on about £50k or more a week anyway. There is no way we could afford him. I also cant believe the criticism some people are giving him. He was different class for us and was so good he regularly earned England call ups whilst he was a first division player. Admittedly there was a serious shortage of top quality English goalkeepers around at the time but what he achieved was very special nonetheless.

He spent an entire season in the championship with us after we went down when he could easily have jumped ship to get back to the Premier League. That was a decision he couldnt have taken lightly given that there was a World Cup looming in the summer of 2006 and playing championship football must have damaged his chances. I was gutted from when he picked up that freak injury playing for England B which ruled him out.

I have a lot of time for John Ruddy, his committment to the club is there for all to see and his performances have been of a high standard this season. But if offered the chance I would take Greeno back in a flash. He has bags of top flight and international experience and despite his knockers, he is a fantastic keeper

Robert Green was sold for £2 million pound when we needed the money. Weather he is a better keeper than John Ruddy or anyone else is open for debate, but I don''t think he can be accused of "jumping ship". He was/is an international goalkeeper who was signed by a Premier League club after we accepted an offer for him.

If a player is getting criticism for jumping ship/not showing any loyalty/running away when a better offer comes along, then should it also apply to players who join us?

Should Holty have shown a bit of loyalty to Shrewsbury, rather than "jump ship" as soon as we came calling with better wages and prospects? Should he have put their fans who paid his wages first??

If you argue his case, then shouldn''t the same argument apply to Green-who will play for us again one day.

Seems that we''ll happily welcome them to the club but woe betide anyone who leaves for the same reasons!

I agree with Wacky''s post - how can you question Green''s loyalty?

He was here for ever, cost us nothing, and we obtained a decent fee for him when we needed money. He has spoken positively about Norwich since leaving as well.

He didn''t "jump ship" but tried to get us back up. A player can''t deny the chance to further his career for ever - and let''s be honest none of us would refuse the extra money that he gained from it.

Talk about loyalty - how about the fans showing a little loyalty to players that always did their best for us?

That is an excellent point. If we are only interested in players who show a bit of loyalty then we would never sign anybody ever again.

Green was a superb player for us, and stuck around for a good dozen or so years. We got good money for him (although a fraction of his true worth back then in my opinion), and he''s definitely one player I don''t begrudge moving on. He is a Norwich legend.

However, I don''t want him back. Primarily for the sole reason that I think he''s as good as finished (which is very sad, as he''s meant to be a lovely guy) and Ruddy will be better than Green is now.

That said, I do think we need an experienced back-up, so if Green wanted to slash his wages and was prepared to not be guaranteed first-choice, then you''d have to see?

I''d rather we get Fraser Forster. He will be far cheaper, keener, and less error-prone than Green IMO. I can never forget the time Green tripped over his own feet at Luton away while back-pedalling to collect a lob, completely unopposed and giving away a goal. [:D] He also has a reputation for not saving penalties !!!!!!!

Green is past his best and no youngster ala the Lambert era. I for one would not want him back here and would be happier with Ruddy as our No1 and then a youngish back up with a tad more experience than Rudd and Steer.

[quote user="paul moy"]He also has a reputation for not saving penalties !!!!!!![/quote]When he was here, I don''t think he ever saved one, but since he went to West Ham he can''t stop saving the buggers!Although I feel he does have more to give as a player, I don''t think we really need to be replacing Ruddy, especially with someone who would probably command a hefty wage.

love to get Forster back here too, but we all know he is after practically guarnateed first team football, and Ruddy deserves his chance, so doubt Forster would want to come in as competetion/back up unless Lambert can gurantee with Forster that if Ruddy does have a dip in form he will be ruthless.