Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

OMG!!!! CODY!!!

I still think that selling him on is a bad idea.He will be on a small wage until 2012 and obviously has goals in him.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Cody scores the goal that could secure the Gill''s place in the L2 play-offs. Just how good is the lad?[/quote]not that good or he wouldnt be in league 2

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]not that good or he wouldnt be in league 2[/quote]oh for goodness sake jas, most of our feckin XI are "league one players" or have beenGet a gripIf anything has been proven in the last 2 years its the ability to step up and over come !

OMG!!! Stevenage equalise and Lester scores to drop the Gills out of the play-off positions. The stage is set for Cody...

[quote user="Herman "]Come on Stevenage!! Well done boys[Y][/quote]

OMG!!! Stevenage? Hoof-ball thugs not fit to clean Cody''s golden boots. OMG!!!

OMG!!We''ve been promoted to the Premiership and you''re talking about a player who plays for a team that can''t even get in the League 2 playoffs.

OMG!!! I can''t believe people think he isn''t good enough because "it''s only league 2" OMG!!!! Because Jackson was only in League 2 until earlier this season and now look at him OMG!!!!OMG!!! It''s started to rain! [um]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]OMG!!! Is what i hear in bed everynight! ;)[/quote]

Those damn neighbours, dont they know those walls are thin!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Cody scores the goal that could secure the Gill''s place in the L2 play-offs. Just how good is the lad?[/quote]not that good or he wouldnt be in league 2[/quote]

Did you really just judge a player based on what league he is playing in. Did the message on the back of Grant Holts shirt escape you today!!!!

''From the Unibind Premier to the Premier League''. 10/12 years ago he was a tyre fitter playing for Workington. and his career hasn''t always gone to plan. His shot at the big time with Forest went sour and he dropped down to league 2 with Shrewsbury. So for Cody Mac to spend a season down there with Gillingham is no bad thing.

Jas, your comment was one of the worst I have seen on here in a while. And really the sort of stupid thing I didn''t expect someone like you to say. Perhaps you aren''t as sharp as i thought.....

[quote user="Herman "]What did it say Carlos?[/quote]''I used to play in League Two. Please bear this in mind when judging the merits of other strikers playing at this level on an internet forum.''Possibly.[;)]

I think Cody Mac has a lot to offer and stands a chance of making it. maybe give him a half season on loan in the champ to see if he can step up then maybe give him his shot in the prem.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]''From the Unibind Premier to the Premier League''. 10/12 years ago he was a tyre fitter playing for Workington. and his career hasn''t always gone to plan. His shot at the big time with Forest went sour and he dropped down to league 2 with Shrewsbury. So for Cody Mac to spend a season down there with Gillingham is no bad thing.

Jas, your comment was one of the worst I have seen on here in a while. And really the sort of stupid thing I didn''t expect someone like you to say. Perhaps you aren''t as sharp as i thought.....[/quote]I think more than anything it''s a reactionary comment from Jas, and i think this has been the case with much of the criticism McDonald has come under, with a perception distorted by the extent of which his progress has been covered by a minority of fans, angered somewhat because they feel total focus should be paid to the side lining up at Carrow Road. I''ve defended Cody repeatedly, and yet i''ve been confronted with the same illogical cemented judgement imposed upon him on a weekly basis as an ''average League Two/One player''; this is often stated as if it''s some kind of established certainty, yet in complete disregard for the history and statistics from which we can best learn his chances.He could have been a one season wonder for Gillingham, by all accounts. By the same token he could be in the process of unleashing his potential as an awesome player, and as such he can only conquer what''s infront of him. He could also of course be anywhere in between.There are plenty of prior examples that could suggest an array of paths for Cody; though i can assure any which poster that doubts me that there''s a field of examples that indicate he''ll be a welcome asset to our side, and keeping in tone with the reign of Lambert, he''s unquestionably deserving of our faith in his ability, and perseverance in his footballing career.

I think the reason that some posters are a little dismissive of Cody is that they have seen him used as a stick to beat our other strikers with all season. We''ve had threads bigging up Cody and his achievements for the past six months and comparing them with the perceived poor performances of Simeon Jackson. We''ve been told on a regular basis that we should recall him from his loan spell now or parachute him straight into the team when our misfiring strikers fail to gain us automatic promotion. All the while we have steadily been building momentum and have finished as the divisions top scorers.I''d love to see Cody make it here. There''s nothing more heart warming than the tale of a footballer who comes to the game late through non-league football and progresses to the highest level. But if he comes back now he will be way down the pecking order when it comes to picking a squad for next season. And unless Paul Lambert feels he has the all round game to fit into our system (all those goals in League Two don''t mean he is ready to fit into our team) then he''ll either be back out on loan again or sold.I''d rather we spent less time worrying about players who have scored goals for Gillingham this season and spent more on congratulating those who have got us promoted.

Anybody see his goal yesterday. It showed real bravery, sliding in against goalkeeper and defender to get to the ball first. Many players would have bottled it.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I think the reason that some posters are a little dismissive of Cody is that they have seen him used as a stick to beat our other strikers with all season. We''ve had threads bigging up Cody and his achievements for the past six months and comparing them with the perceived poor performances of Simeon Jackson. We''ve been told on a regular basis that we should recall him from his loan spell now or parachute him straight into the team when our misfiring strikers fail to gain us automatic promotion. All the while we have steadily been building momentum and have finished as the divisions top scorers.I''d love to see Cody make it here. There''s nothing more heart warming than the tale of a footballer who comes to the game late through non-league football and progresses to the highest level. But if he comes back now he will be way down the pecking order when it comes to picking a squad for next season. And unless Paul Lambert feels he has the all round game to fit into our system (all those goals in League Two don''t mean he is ready to fit into our team) then he''ll either be back out on loan again or sold.I''d rather we spent less time worrying about players who have scored goals for Gillingham this season and spent more on congratulating those who have got us promoted.[/quote]Agreed. I have nothing against Cody and hope he does well but the way some people talk about him you would think we would have had the title wrapped up by christmas if he had been playing instead of some of our other strikers. He may make it here, he may not but thats a decision for Lambert to make.