Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Look who has just left Town...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13333216.stm

David Norris on a free anyone?

Decent back up for a hard working midfield...I know hate hates us/we hate him...but Trevor Putney did a grand job.

Tin hat is on!

you''re right, I hate his guts BUT if you take the Ipswich factor out he would potentially be a good signing. I''m sure Lambo could get a couple of very decent years out of him as well and could play across our midfield.

never thought he was a bad player just a piss poor choice of company to keep recently.

Losing mentality, he''s Ipswich scum, he''s not better then what we already have, he''s been a journeyman. This is exactly the player we don''t want.Next.....

He runs about a lot but not sure he''s got enough quality to play in the premier league.

We should be aiming higher than less than average lower half championship players

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]They didn''t. He rejected a new deal.[/quote]The truth is they can''t afford him.

That''s about the size of it Rickyyyy.

Despite all the claims to the contrary they don''t have owners putting money into the club. In fact they have quite the opposite.

If it''s who I''m thinking of then I''m not sure he''s mentally tough enough, I seem to recall him being visibly upset by chants aimed at his mate the ex-Plymouth keeper during the 2008-9 derby match (Pattison and Croft scored, Croft from 25 yards and Pattison from 25 millimetres).

a "journeyman" Lincoln? 3 pro clubs in 11 years is Journeyman is it? Christ knows what that makes Steve Claridge then?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If it''s who I''m thinking of then I''m not sure he''s mentally tough enough, I seem to recall him being visibly upset by chants aimed at his mate the ex-Plymouth keeper during the 2008-9 derby match (Pattison and Croft scored, Croft from 25 yards and Pattison from 25 millimetres).[/quote]

I reckon that might not have been as bad, if Norris hadn''t done the infamous ''handcuffs'' celebration. What a complete pillock

"Despite all the claims to the contrary they don''t have owners putting money into the club. In fact they have quite the opposite."

Sonething that our impoverished bethren do not seem to have quite grasped. young master Nigel.

You would think that with the ever knowledgable Mr Clegg stating that the club would have to break even and pay it''s way from now on - and the brand spanking new manager Mr Jewells making comments about signing lower league, and out of contract, players it might just have given the dimwits a clue. Players leaving because the club can''t afford them (poor young Murphy was even offered a pay cut !) and a host of back room staff being shown the err, ......... back door might also suggest the cupboard is not only bare but has been dismantled and sold off to make ends meet.

Curiously (or not) the paupers have not announced their season ticket sale numbers. It''s not as if there''s that many to count this year (no jokes about the counting ability of not too bright suffolk rustics). Perhaps the number are far worse than first thought - as were last season attendances.

Still as we gather to salute our heroes and celebrate yet another successful season and we begin to look forward to next season in the Premier League our rather backward neighbours are once again ................ looking backwards, with their celebratory dinner. 1981 to be precis (which was to be a help yourself buffet and bar, until Alan Brazil and Kevin Beattie bought tickets).

So, as the Titanic of East Anglian football slowly sinks beneath the waves the elderly gents in their dinner jackets will gather on the top deck to give us one last rendition of their club tune ''the good old days''.

A sorry tale that will bring a tear to the eye of all but the hardest of hard hearts.

Why target an out of contract Norris, when time could be spent trying to convince an out of contract Pratley, or Danns, or Moussi?Don''t get me wrong, i was all for us purchasing Alan Lee a couple of seasons ago (regardless of how wrong i was in hindsight), but it seems to be some inadvertent novelty of ours to target Ipswich/former Ipswich players, where in most cases there''s a far better standard of footballer available to us in the market generally.Broaden the horizons people, you won''t meet the edge of the worlds surface at the borders of East Anglia.