Sign in to follow this  
Twitchy

Transfer kitty?

Just wondering folks since I have techno fear and would not know a tweet from a twat (bad example I know) is this Bowkett talk about funds and players got any substance that I''ve seen on the main page got any legs.

Goreham has tweeted that Bowkett announced last night that all of the £40m PL money will go into the transfer kitty.

If true, this shows amazing ambition, but maybe it''s too much?!

It is true! I''m majorly surprised and a little concerned, as less than a week ago McNally said we wouldn''t be gambling with clubs future. Surely spending £40m plus on players would be gambling with the clubs future.

Maybe they had to promise PL that much to get him to stay. I don''t know.

I thought that, but the Chairman did last night. May have been off the cuff, but the figure is out there now. Not long before media pick up on it.

We should remember that the minimum we get in the first season is 42 million and it could be a lot more than that with extra tv appearances,money for league position and increased sponsorship etc. Our wage bill would have probably been around 10 million anyway so even using an extra 30 million of the prem money we''ll still end up around 15 million better off than we would have been with parachute payments to come if we go down or another seasons tv cash if we survive.It would be silly to pay the debts off imo, maybe reduce it by a couple of million per year for the next 4 years but if you ever want to become an established prem club you have to invest in players good enough to keep you there. Fair play to the board, at least we are going in there with a fighting attitude this time. Can''t wait till next season.

Blowing the lot? Not a great idea if they''re serious about there being a future for the club I hope they''re not going to gamble

[quote user="Canary23"]Blowing the lot? Not a great idea if they''re serious about there being a future for the club I hope they''re not going to gamble[/quote]

It`s not blowing the lot, it`s investing in a manager who has proved that he knows what he is doing. If we want Lambert to stay we have to give him the backing he needs. Mcnally said we would not immediatly pay off our debts, the night we were promoted when he was interviewed at pompy, we will start to pay them off as part of a revised business plan, our core business is to win games in the Prem and stay up, thats where continued income will come from and that is how the finacial future of the club will be secured.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Canary23"]Blowing the lot? Not a great idea if they''re serious about there being a future for the club I hope they''re not going to gamble[/quote]

It`s not blowing the lot, it`s investing in a manager who has proved that he knows what he is doing. If we want Lambert to stay we have to give him the backing he needs. Mcnally said we would not immediatly pay off our debts, the night we were promoted when he was interviewed at pompy, we will start to pay them off as part of a revised business plan, our core business is to win games in the Prem and stay up, thats where continued income will come from and that is how the finacial future of the club will be secured.[/quote]Spot on.

If the rumours are true, Bowkett announced last night we are Lambert is going to have £42m available to invest in the squad.This has got me hooked on FM again, I am so excited as to what kind of players we are going to sign.  I would imagine Lambert is going to keep with the same mindset of players that want to be here and want to win, but with this kind of budget we could be in for a really interesting summer.This thread isn''t here to argue about whether we should gamble this much money or not, but to post genuine potential players who would want to come to Norwich, because what we were posting earlier was a wish list of players say if we were investing £10-15m where as now the possibilities are much more extreme.I would like to see a few proven premiership players like Stephen Ireland, Johan Elmander (free), Peter Crouch, Chris Samba along with a handful of championship players and lower like kebe, bennet, graham, scanell etc.Lets here some variety of players because we are all repeating the same players, anybody heard any links???

yeh that sounds like an FM transfer budget  ;)

no offense but if its even half of that including the wage budget i will be amazed.

Ireland - No

Elmander - No

Crouch - No

Samba - Too pricy.

Kebe - Yes

Graham - Possibly

Scanell - possibly

I would like to see Elliott Bennett make the move here, and I think he will. Probably for around £1.5m. I would also like to see Shane Long come here.

I don''t want to see too many big players come here at the moment, as it would rip the guts out of our team spirit.

I wouldn''t go as far as us signing Ireland, Elmander, Crouch and Chris Samba.

Think that''s pushing it.

I doubt Lambert will spend all that in my eyes, why change the philosophy that''s worked so well so far.

Would love Elliot Bennett and Scannell is a good shout.

I think it''s impossible to predict who we will get, I wouldn''t be surprised to see a couple of German players come. I''m not a fan of getting big names in like Crouch and Samba who will be on monster wages, think it would effect the harmony and that''s one of our best features.

It depends how the money will be broken down I guess. If it is the whole £40m it could be that the money has to cover player''s transfer fees, and their wages for the entire lenght of the contract they are given by the club. If it is worked out like that then it starts to become a much less ambitious amount of money.

It could also be that our Chairman was getting a little too excited in the heat of the moment. I guess we will know more when the first new players start walking in through the doors - knowing Lambert they will be greeted with the first question of "who are you?"

S.Long £4m-£5m,  I know its hell of a lot to spend on 1 player but i think he or someone like him could be the difference between staying up

D.Graham £1.5-£2m

E.Bennet £1m-£2 mil (Macca in prt ex)

Kebbe £1-£2m

CB???? unsure who

Westwood (free) great back up for Ruddy and will give him a fight for the No1

2 or 3 other squad players and i think we are good to go[Y] OTBC

All of the above i feel are very realistic and gettable

dont think its a gamble at all, the 40 million will probably cover agent fees, transfer fee, bonus, wages for the entire length of the contract. It will probably be 20 million to spend on players wich is still a heck of a lot. We have a once in a generation opportunity with lambert weve got to let him take us as far as we can allow!

I don''t think our chairman gets too excited. A top business man with massive experience and a cool head with Mr McNally at the tiller. What a combo!

would look at teams going down!!

west ham

upson, tompins, noble, parker, collison, cole, robbie keane?

wigan

caldwell, mccarthey, cleverley, not many others

blackpool

gilks, crainey, cathcart, taylor fletcher, varney, beattie,

To be honest I think we could maybe get away with doing this, and here me out. We still have £50+ million from parachute payments if we go down and if we stay up we will get another £42 million and maybe even more depending on where we finish. All that £42 million won''t be just used for transfers fees. Yearly wage budget and signing/agent fees are also taken account in that figure. It shows that they have complete trust in Lambert and it might also want him to stay as in future he knows he would have abit of money to work with.

Now I know we re going to have a lot of money to spend but some of these suggestions are insane:

Stephen Ireland was a promising player once, but has an attitude problem, no hunger and is also supposed to be on upwards of 65k a week.

Crouch is said to be on around 70k a week. (Everton were put off by his wage demands).

Scot Parker is a great player, but on 60k a week.

Upson is on 50k a week, Cole 30k.

Lambert has already said we aren''t going to sign players on massive wages. Even if we are going to spend big it doesn''t make sense to spend it on players on upwards of 25-30k a week. Whoever we sign we are going to have one eye on relegation and we don''t want to be going down with a wage bill in the stratosphere.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Why would we announce that, not normally our strategy to make it public knowledge what we have available to spend! [/quote]I don''t think it makes much odds in the big league.

S.Long £4m-£5m, I know its hell of a lot to spend on 1 player but i think he or someone like him could be the difference between staying up

D.Graham £1.5-£2m

E.Bennet £1m-£2 mil (Macca in prt ex)

Kebbe £1-£2m

CB???? unsure who

Westwood (free) great back up for Ruddy and will give him a fight for the No1

2 or 3 other squad players and i think we are good to go OTBC

All of the above i feel are very realistic and gettable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like those signings, I would add Rhys Williams, The Swansea centre back and possibly Scott Sinclair instead of Bennett. I would also like the Bristol forward, god I''m bad with names at the moment.

Lambert isn''t no mug, considering he looks for younger players.  If we do shell out £2m -£3m on a good young player.  Chances are, if it goes tits up we''ll be in a position of recouping some cash back off the expensive players if need be.

[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Why would we announce that, not normally our strategy to make it public knowledge what we have available to spend! [/quote]I don''t think it makes much odds in the big league.[/quote]

Your probably right, next  announcement will be about a wage cap!

[quote user="O.T.B.C"]S.Long £4m-£5m, I know its hell of a lot to spend on 1 player but i think he or someone like him could be the difference between staying up D.Graham £1.5-£2m E.Bennet £1m-£2 mil (Macca in prt ex) Kebbe £1-£2m CB???? unsure who Westwood (free) great back up for Ruddy and will give him a fight for the No1 2 or 3 other squad players and i think we are good to go OTBC All of the above i feel are very realistic and gettable -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I like those signings, I would add Rhys Williams, The Swansea centre back and possibly Scott Sinclair instead of Bennett. I would also like the Bristol forward, god I''m bad with names at the moment.[/quote]forgot about S.Sinclair, would be a great addition also[Y]

GK - Westwood but he wont come to us as backup! RB - backup Francomb isnt experienced enough for the prem.CB - Taylor at Watford or Bayata at Man CityM - Bennet or Kebbe, Noble or O''HaraS - Shane Long, Maynard or Graham, Earnshaw is on a free i hear?