Sign in to follow this  
unique

Promising.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1385319/Liverpools-Dani-Pacheco-keen-Norwich-return.html

......he could have just said he was going back to Liverpool to fight for a first team place......but he didn''t........

That''s very interesting. I guess we hope now that Liverpool sign lots of new players in the summer to keep him out...

It seems that the fans want this (both ourselves and the majority of Liverpool fans), Lambert probably wants it but we don''t know if Kenny sees this as a good move.

A couple things of note on this one.

Firstly Liverpool''s season is not over - they currently occupy 5th and are in with a slim shout of 4th. This will define two things.

Qualifying for either tournament will obviously effect funds. As looks likely if they qualify for Europe I would not be surprised if Dalglish used the tournament to blood some of his youngsters or even as many as he can. This may mean that Danny is kept at least until they are knocked out of the competition or a time when it was felt the more experienced players were needed to try and win it.

The other side to that coin is that if there is a hefty transfer budget he may well bring in more players and use the Europa League to give the second string players a run out leaving us with more of a shout.

It would be good to have him back. But we won''t know for sure for a little while yet I should imagine.

[quote user="chicken"]A couple things of note on this one.

Firstly Liverpool''s season is not over - they currently occupy 5th and are in with a slim shout of 4th. This will define two things.

Qualifying for either tournament will obviously effect funds. As looks likely if they qualify for Europe I would not be surprised if Dalglish used the tournament to blood some of his youngsters or even as many as he can. This may mean that Danny is kept at least until they are knocked out of the competition or a time when it was felt the more experienced players were needed to try and win it.

The other side to that coin is that if there is a hefty transfer budget he may well bring in more players and use the Europa League to give the second string players a run out leaving us with more of a shout.

It would be good to have him back. But we won''t know for sure for a little while yet I should imagine.[/quote]A season (or half season) of Premier League football, as a first team player, would be far more beneficial than a run out every few weeks against some Bulgarian also-rans who are not Premier League quality.Hopefully Dalglish sees it this way, as Pacheco would be a fine addition to the squad, as would Lansbury.

I really think we should try to avoid loan signings next year. Lambert has done brilliantly with the ones that have come in over the last couple of seasons but now we have the funds we should get players in permanently. We need the players that we bring in to be an investment otherwise it''ll be the same as last time when we got relegated and had pretty much only the money from Ashton to show for it.

The only reason we should go for a loan is if the club we are bringing the player in from is going to pay a significant amount of their wages and not expect a fee from us.

I''d love to have Lansbury and/or Pacheco back, but only if we are buying them.

I think a loan (possibly just 6 months) would be ideal for all concerned. Liverpool have players like Suarez and kuyt ahead of him, and now Maxi is hitting top form, I think these will be preffered next year. We take DP and get him used to PL football, then Liverpool will have a young player who knows how the PL works on their hands the next season.

[quote user="Mahogany"]I really think we should try to avoid loan signings next year. Lambert has done brilliantly with the ones that have come in over the last couple of seasons but now we have the funds we should get players in permanently. We need the players that we bring in to be an investment otherwise it''ll be the same as last time when we got relegated and had pretty much only the money from Ashton to show for it.

The only reason we should go for a loan is if the club we are bringing the player in from is going to pay a significant amount of their wages and not expect a fee from us.

I''d love to have Lansbury and/or Pacheco back, but only if we are buying them.[/quote]But if we spend £2-3m on a player who has a poor season, we would lose money. The investment thing works both ways, and by getting a player in on loan, there is no real risk unless the loan fee is high (which I doubt Pacheco''s would be), as I doubt he earns that much (by Premier League footballer standards, anyway).

I think it would be churlish and short-sighted to discount Lansbury and Pacheco on a season-long loan.  They both have the quality Lambert looks, and have already blended well with the existing squad, plus Pacheco in particular has really enjoyed his time here. 

If we were to pay cash for other players of such quality we''d risk upsetting the balance of the squad and probably have to pay much higher wages than we would with the loan system.

There''s also the advantage that, should the worst happen, they could return to their clubs and we wouldn''t be saddled with their wages or have to face the inevitable bids in the following summer.  Paying a loan fee and a portion of their wages for a year is a much smaller financial risk than forking out for their contracts in full, with all the transfer, agent and signing on fees that go with it.

The rest of the squad can then be strengthened with the rest of the money.

Either way, in Lambert we trust, and all that...

[quote user="Mahogany"]I really think we should try to avoid loan signings next year. Lambert has done brilliantly with the ones that have come in over the last couple of seasons but now we have the funds we should get players in permanently. We need the players that we bring in to be an investment otherwise it''ll be the same as last time when we got relegated and had pretty much only the money from Ashton to show for it. The only reason we should go for a loan is if the club we are bringing the player in from is going to pay a significant amount of their wages and not expect a fee from us. I''d love to have Lansbury and/or Pacheco back, but only if we are buying them.[/quote]

I''d love them back but really cannot see any other way than if we loan them.

Arsenal and Liverpool are big clubs who do not need the money and therefore will want top dollar for 2 promising young players.  We can''t waste a big portion of the budget on players who have little PL experience and, whilst they both did amazing jobs here, neither were first team regulars.

Suarez and Maxi playing so well for Liverpool is good news for us? Pacheco must have been moved by the appreciation he received from Norwich fans. Down at Ipswich he was signing autographs pitchside before the game and on Saturday against Coventry he made a real point of thanking the Norwich crowd.

The respect looks reciprocal; I''d love to see more of him in a yellow shirt. I honestly think he''d be a masterstroke signing for us in the Prem. He''d have every bit as much impact as say Charlie Adam for Blackpool. Oh, that''s another possibility isn''t it? If Liverpool buy Adams...

In theroy we could sign him. £3m perhaps? Would be money well spent in my eyes. And his wage demands will be more than reasonable.