Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

"If I'm lucky enough to be offered a 20 year contract" - Paul Lambert 10th May 2011

That''d be my dream definitely, for Paul Lambert to become our Sir Alex Ferguson (arguably already is!) - I''ve said it before, it isn''t going to happen overnight admittedly but he can take this club as far as he wants to take it, I think the skys the limit for him here and if he were to stay I would not be surprised if we were competing in Europe before long, and I mean that. It''s time we took that Premier League title back off Man Utd - Y''know the one they stole from us back in ''93 or so ;)

If Mike Walker can do it, then why not Paul Lambert? That''s the challenge for him, and we all know he likes a challenge!.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]If he keeps on going like he is I can see him getting Fergies job[/quote]

him or oneil i reckon.

[quote user="DeliasDevonshireDirtbox"]If he keeps on going like he is I can see him getting Fergies job[/quote]

It wouldn''t surprise me in the slightest, DDD - Fortunately though, Fergie does not want to retire just yet or so I noticed in one of the papers the other day.

I think Lambert could be our Shankly, rather than a Fergie.  Shankly took over at Liverpool when they were bottom of the Second Division (sound familiar?) and turned them into the club they are today. 

He won 3 League Champs, runners-up twice, 2 FA Cups and the UEFA Cup.  Bring it on!

If the Board back him and he''s given time, the sky''s the limit.  I think he knows it.

Is it me or did Lambert truly let his guard down this evening for the first time? I know he always praises us and comes over to the crowd at the end of the games etc. but this evening during his interview he seemed more relaxed and even after already having spoken to the crowd, he asked for the microphone again and made the comment/joke of "if I''m lucky enough to be offered a 20 year contract"...and said a few more words, made a joke about Holt and was interacting with the crowd when Culverhouse wasn''t going to come out...

Probably just over analysing, but was good to hear.

[quote user="HoltyFan21"]What did he say about Holt? lol[/quote]

along the lines that he was the most unfit and ugliest player he has ever seen but manages to score us goals lol

I think Lambert had a couple of whiskeys last night, defo more relaxed than normal