Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Coventry fans are bad sports

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Just like tonsay well done to the Coventry fans who clapped and stayed until the end when our lot did their lap of honour![/quote]I think a good few fans in the Cov section, me inculded, wMere Norwich fans under cover. When the final whistle went, a good few "Coventry" fans pulled out yellow & green scarfs or put on a Norwich shirt. It was quite funny really. As I work in Coventry & knew that home tickets were sold out weeks ago, I just went into the Ricoh Arena a few days ago and asked for two "away" tickets at Carrow

Road. No probs.Yes, I did hear the singing when

Lambert was talking and there was the usual biostroud "6

fingers" comments. I really DID have to laugh at one of

Cov''s songs:"I want to go home... Norwich is a shit

hole, I want to go home".Ha!IMO,

Coventry should be flattened. It''s a painful dump as is

enough to drive anyone over the edge if they had to live

there.Anyway, it was all just sour grapes, I think.

OTB (Norwich) C !![/quote]

It''s a good job you weren''t spotted in the Coventry end else

you may have been flattened yourself pal! Have some

Respect it''s a bloody football match. It''s all just pantomime!

[quote user="Turnuplambertsmicrophone"]I thought it was quite funny to be honest. It was done to drown out lambert, just a bit of fun being blown out of all proportion! In my opinion I paid £66 for two tickets, spent a total of five hours of my weekend driving to and from a football match, I''ll sing what I want when I want! It''s not our fault the mic wasn''t loud enough to drown out probably 3 to 4 hundred max Cov fans left singing at the end.Norwich fans became far to personal on their forum cos we weren''t invited to there party but we made ourselves seen and heard on and off the pitch! Well tough bloody tits![/quote]It wouldn''t of bothered me if your lot actually made a bit of noise during the game, but instead choose to pick it''s moment by singing just as Lambert was giving his speech to the home fans, it just made you lot look like a bunch of total dicks to be honest, hardly spolied the day though. Enjoy another 10 years of Championship football in that half empty soulless bowl of a stadium you have. [:)]

The Coventry Telegraph has gone off on one in their match report about the Marlon King chanting.

Apparently we, a ''so-called family club'', subjected him to ''arguably the vilest and most persistent barrage of obscenities since he controversially signed for Coventry last September – that even continued in the concourse under the main stand at half time – all of which was a sad reflection on their supporters who became more pre-occupied with dishing out abuse as the match went on than revelling in their success.''

Pre-season frieeendly, you''re just a pre-season friendly. Bye bye Coventry.

How sad to be so bitter and jealous, must come from supporting a crap team from a crap club in a crap place.

Never mind, perhaps you''ll do better next season - but I doubt it.

It wouldn''t of bothered me if your lot actually made a bit of noise during the game, but instead choose to pick it''s moment by singing just as Lambert was giving his speech to the home fans, it just made you lot look like a bunch of total dicks to be honest, hardly spolied the day though. Enjoy another 10 years of Championship football in that half empty soulless bowl of a stadium you have

Well thanks for your kind words. You make a valid point re our souless stadium. Apart from that your talking absolute bollocks.

No hard feelings though. Well done on getting promoted and the very best of luck for next season.

"The Coventry Telegraph has gone off on one in their match report about the Marlon King chanting. Apparently we, a ''so-called family club'', subjected him to ''arguably the vilest and most persistent barrage of obscenities since he controversially signed for Coventry last September – that even continued in the concourse under the main stand at half time – all of which was a sad reflection on their supporters who became more pre-occupied with dishing out abuse as the match went on than revelling in their success.''

I would take as much notice of the Coventry Telegraph as I would the Ipswich Evening Star. Obviously written by a sad old hack with the same career prospects as Carl Marston or Elvin King. As for the Coventry fans "drowning out Lambert" I for one, heard everyword from my seat in the Upper Barclay so that wasnt entirely successful.

If Coventry City Football Club want to support Mr King that is entirely up to their own moral judgement. Personally I prefer those of Dave Whelan who at the time was quoted as saying King "was finished with football" at the Wigan.

"We will now be in the process of severing his contract," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"To say the least, I am really, really disappointed."

Mr Whelan continued: "It''s really upsetting and it just sets such a bad example for any youngster coming through who wants to be a professional footballer."

I know who I think has got it right. And suspect most of the decent thinking Coventry fans that we saw in Riverside would agree too.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]....As for the Coventry fans "drowning out Lambert" I for one, heard everyword from my seat in the Upper Barclay so that wasnt entirely successful.[/quote]Indeed, we were at the other end of the ground (Community Stand corner)

and couldn''t hear the Coventry fans, but did hear (I assume) our fans

boo them to shut them up- it was very much a case of "what is that

boo-ing for?". As for the odious King getting abuse I didn''t

notice it being that bad, certainly Clingan seemed to get a lot more

from our section. Unless of course it was another case of us not being

able to pick up chants from the other end of the ground- mind you the

Barclay sounded pretty loud and clear for most of the game[Y][Y]. From

the reports of the reaction to King at Millwall and Leeds, I''d probably

suggest that Coventry reporter hasn''t travelled with them much.     

Hang on...Coventry Telegraph...Complaining....About us singing a song about a rapist....WHO THEY SIGNED WITH NO MORAL THINKING.

Do one.

i didnt mind Coventry Fc at first and was very impressed with their ground and shopping facilities near by. but now they can rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disrespectful pricks!!! and you guys as a premiership side, get real!!!! the club is just guna go downhill for now on. enjoy the championship!!!

[quote user="Captain Holt''s Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Hang on...Coventry Telegraph...Complaining....About us singing a song about a rapist....WHO THEY SIGNED WITH NO MORAL THINKING.

I''m with captain Holt on this one

IMO, it seems as though quite a few norwich fans just wanted the Cov. lot to stand quietly with the occasional "well done old bean" utterances. Would we have been any different away from home at QPR, if it were not us going up? Maybe, maybe not.I''ve been snooting around some Cov forums (fora?) and saw that they, probably quite rightly, took isse with Mr. Chops'' Nazi reference. As soon as you bring Nazi references into a thread, you''ll probably lose all credence. Was bombombing Coventry seriously a good idea (from our PoV)? Of course it bloody wasn''t and it''s rediculous to even joke about it as so many were killed.Yes, we''re rival fans but coments like that don''t win friends with anyone. I work in Coventry during the week and know a good few fans of the club. Coventry is way don on my list of places I like and I don''t have much affection for the footy team either but itdoesn''t stop me enjoying banter with the fans that I know and I certainly don''t make light of the impact that WWII had on the place!