Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Premier League Bingo

Things you''ll hear from uneducated commentators when we are in premier league that you''ll be sick of hearing by end of season.

Shout Bingo if you hear them!

I''ll start with:

"Paul Lambert reminds us a lot of Martin O''Neill with his trousers tucked in to his socks and sweatshirt sleeves rolled up there on the touchline and also with his mannerisms"

When we win against a ''big'' team - ''The Canaries are flying high''

When we lose against someone rubbish - ''And the Canaries have had their wings clipped here today''

I think we may also see a few showings of the memorable Delia clip

The one where she appeared to have had a f''ull house'' and maybe was struggling to see the four corners (of the pitch).

"Premiership new boys""Destined for a return to the Premiership""Only league one two years ago""Grant Holt, has been a tower of strength in defence over the last two seasons for Norwich" (This last one elludes to obvious bad journalism and could be any player or position)

1. Referring to our players only in the context of how they started out at ''bigger clubs'':

"Crofts, who used to share a room with John Terry". Ditto Zak Whitbread, David Fox and Elliott Ward.

2. Referring to our club only in the context of bigger clubs:

"And Norwich score in the 96th minute, in Manchester United time".

3. Hooly defined only in terms of his size and Irishness:

"Irish magician", "impish midfielder", etc. etc.

4. Delia catch phrases, especially if Norwich are losing: "It''s certainly time to be having you". "Norwich certainly need a twelfth man now", etc. And generally anything to do with cooking.

"For Hull, Burnley and Blackpool, read Norwich City" (can imaging Peter Drury saying this)

"Even the visitors have yellow and green scarves" (when Man United come to Carrow Road)

"No, they''re not supporting Norwich City" (Old Trafford crowd when we go there)

"Norwich fans have made the long trip to be here."

"Norwich fans face a long journey back to Norfolk"

"Little Norwich City"

I''m expecting us to be labelled as "plucky canaries".  There will be many references to our Bootiful play too.And I''m sure that Alan Hansen will refer to our defence being as "keen as mustard".I can''t wait.

"And I''m sure that Alan Hansen "

i think there should be a countdown style clock on the screen, when the camera goes to Hansen to see how long he can speak, without having to look down at his notes (script)

"Back in 1993 they beat Bayern Munich"

"Norwich, a City more famous for mustard then their football team"

"Came third in 1992.93 season" (the first season after Sky invented football"

"Lost 6-0 at Fulham"

On the first day of the season...

"two seasons ago they were thrashed 7-1 by Colchester in the third tier of English football"