Sign in to follow this  
carpio

harper

What is harper doing these days? Is it worth bringing him back? he did a good job on loan for us and might be the man to supply ashton. i heard he is looking for a club

i totally agree with you!!!

harper played really well for us and i would love to have him back. don no whether pompey would release him however?

Rotting away in Pompey reserves, has played in the league cup this season I think.  Why not have him here, he knows us, we know him & god knows we need more players in at the moment.

Sorry but Harper is an average Div 1 player who did a job for us in a few games last season but really wasn''t any better than Rivers

[quote]Sorry but Harper is an average Div 1 player who did a job for us in a few games last season but really wasn''t any better than Rivers[/quote]

Yeah spot on ncfc4prem.  I''m not sure why everyone raved about harper.  I didn''t think he was anything special.  I think it worked in his favour greatly that he came to the club at the same time as Hucks and Crouch.  The whole team raised their game and i think it made him look better

I wouldn''t think he is up to it in the prem, if we were to get him it would only be for the next month to cover for injuries - and hat would only see him involved in two matches

we''re better off getting a better player in on loan who could stay for three months, rather than simply being a stop-gap while half our squad is injured

Harper did well for me until getting himself recklessly dismissed and after that had half the impact.

Neither Coops nor Harper are good enough for us in the prem - if we get relegated and lose Jonson then we should look to replace him with either of these as they are good championship players and wide right would remain a problem for us.

OTBC

[quote]Yeah spot on ncfc4prem. I''m not sure why everyone raved about harper. I didn''t think he was anything special. I think it worked in his favour greatly that he came to the club at the same time as Hu...[/quote]

Yep totally agree Harper might take on a current div 1 squad but it is not excatly better than what we have even if we have only 16 fit players

Harper, Cooper, Crouch, Iwan, shall I go on?  These players are all in the past, if Worthy had wanted them he would have signed/kept them when he had the chance.  None of these players are what we need now in the Premier League.

We have to stop looking at these players on last years performances and accept they are now part of the clubs history.  IMO I would not have wanted any of these players in a PL squad.  We need players in on loan but we need a couple of players with experience in the league not journeyman Championship players.

i can''t believe everyone is on here saying harper was not better than rivers? most were on here slating rivers last season and usually with good reason - he was poo! harper solved the right wing problem for us at a stroke in the games he played. he had the attacking nouse of rivers, maybe a little less, but he could cross, worked hard and tracked back.

but to change the subject a little, with helveg, holt and safri all missing and hucks, johnson and wly all available and ble to play on the right, i''d be looking for a central midfielder, not a winger.

any ideas?

[quote]I was never that impressed with Harper really. What''s Cooper doing these days?[/quote]

I''ve got to agree with that - Cooper was much better than Harper and it was a shame we couldn''t secure his services permanently.