That would be good - good age, did well this year and hopefully wants to prove himself even more. Can imagine Newcastle will go for some big players now they''ve sold Carroll for £35m and Best is most likely available so seems very plausible

I''d have him with another 2-3 strikers, you can never have enough strikers. CUSP has been right on many occassions and one of the few posters who I think that could be true.

Keep up the rumours, like them.

CUSDP - your fame for getting rumours right goes before you on Twitter - you''ve made it!He who gets rumours correct every time has posted on the PinkUn messageboard that we''re after Leon Best...

Not entirely sure what he offers that Simeon Jackson doesn''t, except for Premiership experience, but if Lambert''s identified him, then fine, more than good enough for me.

Why does everyone seem so pleased with this? 19 in 92 games for Coventry, 6 in 23 for Newcastle...not exactly prolific. Although if this is true who am I to doubt Lambert! In Lambo we trust.

You don''t live up to your name, do you excited?

I do agree though, not the quality of player we should be looking at. His goal record is poor. But then again Lambert sees something in him, in Lambo I trust.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Since returning from injury Best has looked good in fits and starts. Reminds me of a younger Marlon Harewood - whether that is a good or bad thing I''m unsure.[/quote]

A bad thing.

To be honest, don''t know too much about the guy but seems as though he has a poor goal scoring record and possibly slightly injury prone. In Lambert I trust and all that though...

Done a decent job for Newcastle this season, but would be suprised if they let him go because they''re short on strikers at the best of times...unless they buy 2 or 3 in the summer.

[quote user="Largey"]Done a decent job for Newcastle this season, but would be suprised if they let him go because they''re short on strikers at the best of times...unless they buy 2 or 3 in the summer.[/quote]

Newcastle definetly will with the Carroll money.

Leon Best falls straight into the ''got something to prove'' category that PL likes. He''s a good age with Prem experience in a position we are seeking to strengthen. Sounds a plausible target to me...

I think Leon Best is a good shout actually, I think it''s a shame when strikers are judged on goals sometimes. Some strikers bring a lot to the team even without there goals Bergkamp a great example of that.

I think he would be a good signing. Also what''s with the attitude stink comment, first I have heard of that?

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]I think Leon Best is a good shout actually, I think it''s a shame when strikers are judged on goals sometimes. Some strikers bring a lot to the team even without there goals Bergkamp a great example of that.

I think he would be a good signing. Also what''s with the attitude stink comment, first I have heard of that?[/quote]

O I wasn''t saying he definitely has a problem - I just meant that genuinely not sure if he does and I know how important that is to his recruitment process.

My only concern would be the nature of his injury, which was a torn cruciate. Although surgery techniques are improving all the time, it can result in a little bit of a loss of sharpness, which can be crucial for a striker at the top level. Other than that I think he''s a decent shout.

Alan Smiths ex went on his Twitter changed the password and keeps posting rumours and little bits about him and she said this. Don''t know what to think about it tbh.

[quote user="Skittles16"][quote user="YellowLittle1"]I think Leon Best is a good shout actually, I think it''s a shame when strikers are judged on goals sometimes. Some strikers bring a lot to the team even without there goals Bergkamp a great example of that.

I think he would be a good signing. Also what''s with the attitude stink comment, first I have heard of that?[/quote]

O I wasn''t saying he definitely has a problem - I just meant that genuinely not sure if he does and I know how important that is to his recruitment process.[/quote]

No worries, I was wondering whether I had missed something. To be fair half the current Newcastle crop have some sort of attitude problem.