Sign in to follow this  
Pboro Canary

Good to see the Daily Mail reporting at their usual high standards.......

FFS! Actually there should be a cash prize on offer here. It''s as if they have deliberately altered the text to make it competitive.

Perhaps there should be a tie breaker, complete the following "I think the daily mail is sh*te because...... (no more than 40,000 words).

Oh dear, oh dear.What a dreadful, dreadful paper the Daily Drivel is. Worst paper in the country by a mile. Would rather read the bloody Star!

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Got to be honest I can''t see any glaring inaccuracies in that article. The errors regarding Lambert''s name was down to Delia''s exuberance rather than duff reporting.[/quote]

Some things were taken out of context, like "staying up" was obviously not referring to this season. And the fact we were playing Man City not United.

I''m suprised it didn''t mention that supporting Norwich City can give you cancer

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Pboro Canary has pinched my name!!!!!![:P]
[/quote]

Good job the free bet is finished for the season or I may get confused[*-)]

Anyway the Daily Mail song never fails to amuse me. The Daily Mail and it''s avid readers certainly have some strange ideas[;)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

What''s that experiment called?  The one that proves that, most of the time, whatever the first person says the rest will just agree automatically.Anyway, apart from the Mail''s style of journalism.  The article is pretty accurate.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]A truly, truly awful paper on so many levels! Why such a lack of respect? Pathetic.[/quote]I farted in a lift the other day, just like the daily Mail that also was awful on so many levels.  [:)]

[quote user="The ſhroud of Turin"]What''s that experiment called?  The one that proves that, most of the time, whatever the first person says the rest will just agree automatically.Anyway, apart from the Mail''s style of journalism.  The article is pretty accurate.[/quote]

Your right Shroud, the article is pretty accurate, it`s also reported in the Telegraph, link below with the radio Norfolk recording of what she said. She is no doubt pi$$ed and why not, she deserves to be, but dont lets try to reinvent history on here!   

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8507442/Exuberant-Delia-Smith-in-gaffe-filled-speech-to-Norwich-City-fans.html

[quote user="First Wizard"]Come on people, she acted like an excited City fan...friggin good on her!  [Y][/quote]iz and

She did Wiz and good on her! 

Never been a great Delia Smith fan but this is just poisonous crap.

So what if she was pissed last night, ok its embarassing on TV but this was a club celebration where I should imagine a few drinks were obligatory, the bit about her husband came across as a cheap shot it was probably all a joke.

And yes i came from the Guardian reading intellectual elite, at least its not a body for racist ramblings slightly refined for middle class rather than skin headed bigots as the Daily Mail is.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="The ſhroud of Turin"]What''s that experiment called?  The one that proves that, most of the time, whatever the first person says the rest will just agree automatically.Anyway, apart from the Mail''s style of journalism.  The article is pretty accurate.[/quote]

Your right Shroud, the article is pretty accurate, it`s also reported in the Telegraph, link below with the radio Norfolk recording of what she said. She is no doubt pi$$ed and why not, she deserves to be, but dont lets try to reinvent history on here!   

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8507442/Exuberant-Delia-Smith-in-gaffe-filled-speech-to-Norwich-City-fans.html

[/quote]I''m not knocking her at all.  If we were all honest, and we owned football clubs that went from the brink of bust to Premiership.  Most of us would be hanging off that balcony pissed as farts too.

"the article is pretty accurate..."

Really?... Well

1. “...and used an expletive which had some parents reaching to cover their children’s ears.”

I have to be honest, I didn''t see a single parent reaching to cover their children''s ears - did anybody else?

2. “She was holding the microphone at a funny angle like she thought she was a pop singer.”

Nor sure - couldn''t see the angle from where I was - but I''m not sure what a pop singer angle is - perhaps the mail could clarify?

3. "Everyone was relieved when it came to an end.”

Nope - I know at least three people that weren''t! I suspect there were many others.

This is typical Daily Mail nonsense - make up a few things - shove it in quotation marks - and try to leave everybody with the impression that it''s the truth. If it''s challenged, of course, the defence is - we were only reported what people said!

SEWER journalism - as usual. How anybody ever believes a word published in this chip paper is beyond me.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

I don''t do stereotypes, but all readers of the Daily Mail are "special" in one way or another.

[/quote]

Ah bless. Well there are a lot of "special" people out there, second largest circulation in the UK and second most visited newspaper website in the world....

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

I don''t do stereotypes, but all readers of the Daily Mail are "special" in one way or another.

[/quote]

Ah bless. Well there are a lot of "special" people out there, second largest circulation in the UK and second most visited newspaper website in the world....

[/quote]Well, there is no accounting for taste really and the Daily Mail website is basically Heat for even stupider people. And when you consider than The Sun is the most read newspaper that it puts things into perspective really.There is a famous quote about never getting losing money underestimating the general public''s intelligence that is very fitting for this I feel.

Joanna - you may well be right re stats - it''s truly frightening isn''t it?

And I bet these people think that they are well informed....

PLEASE!! No one fall out over the content of this article as it is exactly what the Mail wants to happen! The paper does little other than spread hatred and fear amongst many people who don''t know any better!

For a much better read on our successes I recommend this months copy of MATCH. Cant say i have read it properly for a good 18-20 years but us being on the front cover rather caught my eye whilst at the petrol station earlier. Go and check that quality publication out instead...