Sign in to follow this  
Cappsy

Sky Sports News NOW! MARC TIERNEY WHAT A HERO

He has been enjoying these celebrations as much as the fans! Wouldn''t be surprised if he pulled off a few cartwheels on the bus!

I know a lot moan about Sky Sports but watching the reports from the Parade in HD and listening to a professional (and City fan) like Thomas is a joy.

he is my favourite player after his decent performaces, commitment and passion/celebrations after every game. even after swansea he came closer to the fans than any other fan and clapped for a solid 5 minutes. the man a hero

Cheers DDD, the boy looked a bit of a headbanger the couple of times I''ve seen him, fair play.

Please someone record if they can and post on youtube cause I wont be able to see that here in Florida and would love to be able too

there will probably be some stuff on youtube by tomorrow. he''s just joining in with all the chants and lots of fist pumps etc! hes like in party mood 24/7

I bet he was watching an episode of Miami Vice before getting dressed...lol.

He is a good nutter, and he seems to have fitted in really well.

OTBC

The guy has been fantastic since he came in, and i have to say i had my doubts initially when he first arrived!

I think the amount this means to him and the way he is showing it is fantastic, he obviously likes to wear his heart on his sleeve (we all remember the ''ill never play for city in 1000 years comments!).

Fair play to him, worked his socks off!

I''m getting tierney 32 on the new home shirt no matter who we sign. and adding premier league badges on the sleeves!!

OTBC!!

and I''m shaving my head for marc.

his cartwheels in front of the N&P on Saturday will go down in history, was the funniest thing i''ve seen at carrow road for years

[quote user="youngcanary"]I''m getting tierney 32 on the new home shirt no matter who we sign. and adding premier league badges on the sleeves!!

OTBC!!

and I''m shaving my head for marc.[/quote]I wouldn''t until the new squad numbers are released.  [;)]

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="youngcanary"]I''m getting tierney 32 on the new home shirt no matter who we sign. and adding premier league badges on the sleeves!!

OTBC!!

and I''m shaving my head for marc.[/quote]I wouldn''t until the new squad numbers are released.  [;)][/quote]Exactly the same went through my mind.  The numbers are certainly going to be shuffled.

great player and a great guy, what a contrast he is, a hard working, football loveing, hard man then in the prem you have the money grabbing, care free namby pambys.

like tottenhams Benoit Assou-ekotto who admitted he''d play for anyone who offers him more money and he only plays for the money..

what a c***

"you have the money grabbing, care free namby pambys."A perfect discription that had me in stitches, could have been a direct quote from Sir Paul himself that one.

[quote user="youngcanary"]like tottenhams Benoit Assou-ekotto who admitted he''d play for anyone who offers him more money and he only plays for the money..

what a c***[/quote]That''s pretty harsh, at least he is honest about it. Not like the badge kissing, "I bleed .... & ....." players who move at the first offer or threaten to leave to get a bigger contract.If you think Benoit is in the minority you are being naive, especially when you consider the vast majority of Premier League footballers have grown up in in areas of deprivation and have used their footballing ability to create a better life for themselves and their families, doesn''t mean they have worked any less hard for it than footballers who pledge "loyalty" to one club or another.

Yes I love Tierney as much as anyone else, and it is great to see his passion for the club. That said I have seen interviews with Benoit A-E and he seems like a decent bloke - he was just being honest - he wants to make a living and set himself and his family up for the rest of their lives, and not pretend that he has a superficial attachment to a particular club (this isn''t suggesting that Tierney does, of course) when he doesn''t

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="youngcanary"]like tottenhams Benoit Assou-ekotto who admitted he''d play for anyone who offers him more money and he only plays for the money..

what a c***[/quote]That''s pretty harsh, at least he is honest about it. Not like the badge kissing, "I bleed .... & ....." players who move at the first offer or threaten to leave to get a bigger contract.If you think Benoit is in the minority you are being naive, especially when you consider the vast majority of Premier League footballers have grown up in in areas of deprivation and have used their footballing ability to create a better life for themselves and their families, doesn''t mean they have worked any less hard for it than footballers who pledge "loyalty" to one club or another.[/quote]I agree with Bethnal, Assou-Ekotto went up in my estimation after those comments. It is refreshing to see a player actually admit that he is only motivated by money, and you have to admire his honesty.

[quote user="youngcanary"]like tottenhams Benoit Assou-ekotto who admitted he''d play for anyone who offers him more money and he only plays for the money..

what a c***[/quote]

Fair play to him - I only do my job for the money too (well, it''s VAGUELY enjoyable).

"Exactly the same went through my mind. The numbers are certainly going to be shuffled."

Why?

Didn''t Delia years ago say they''d not change numbers, so that people who''ve bought shirts with numbers wouldn''t be annoyed?