Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY LEGS

them two geeks who through their season tickets at gunn

And do you reckon we would have removed Gunn so swiftly if they hadn''t taken such extreme actions to show their discontent? [:O][:^)]

You don''t think two people showing such anger about their teams status might force him into an early decision that maybe he would have waited on otherwise?

After sacking Gunn, McNally cited one of his reasons as being concerns about the way the team was being organised and trained. He would have seen that pretty much from the moment he got here.  The defeat to Colchester would have given him the excuse he needed to go out and get the problem sorted.  The Season Ticket Two would have had nothing to do with it.

They (the father and son who threw their season tickets at Gunn) are just one of the many components over the last two years that have led us to being promoted to the Premiership - take them out of the equation and who is to say that the same outcome (being promoted) would/wouldn''t have been achieved.

Will the numpty who attempted to assault Lennon last night be prompting the Hearts board to start a Holy War against Celtic? Or would it have had more of an impact if he had an accomplice?

Do we really think 2 individuals out of the 25000 disgruntled fans that day (and many thousands more listening on the wireless or, in my case, tramping across the Peaks without mobile signal, blissfully unaware of what was going on) made one jot of difference to McNally''s decision? Take the emotion out of it for a moment, as our Chief Exec did, and think about it seriously...

I know I was talking about this with my mates at the pub the other day, must be regretting that one pretty badly!

Personally I think they should both be put in the hall of fame for their services in getting Paul Lambert in!

[quote user="Skittles16"]I know I was talking about this with my mates at the pub the other day, must be regretting that one pretty badly! Personally I think they should both be put in the hall of fame for their services in getting Paul Lambert in![/quote]

But they had absolutely nothing to do with it! Good grief .... do you really and honestly believe that a successful businessman of McNally''s competence was honestly swayed by these two rather than the obvious rotten state of the club, non-existent organisation of back-room staff and getting stuffed in our opening game in a lower league. I would honestly bet that he can hardly remember the incident as anything other than a faintly amusing event in an otherwise disastrous afternoon. 

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Skittles16"]I know I was talking about this with my mates at the pub the other day, must be regretting that one pretty badly! Personally I think they should both be put in the hall of fame for their services in getting Paul Lambert in![/quote]

But they had absolutely nothing to do with it! Good grief .... do you really and honestly believe that a successful businessman of McNally''s competence was honestly swayed by these two rather than the obvious rotten state of the club, non-existent organisation of back-room staff and getting stuffed in our opening game in a lower league. I would honestly bet that he can hardly remember the incident as anything other than a faintly amusing event in an otherwise disastrous afternoon. 

[/quote]Tangy will tell you it was all to do with them MaccyP. The "Norwich Two" as he calls them, changed the course of our clubs history!

I think a statue outside the ground is the least they deserve. [:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]They had about as much influence in Gunn''s sacking as Cluck had in the removal of Doncaster from the board...[/quote]

Wait until you read Bly''s thread about what will we be celebrating next spring because he claims credit for Delia appointing strong management so it is all down to Cluck and Bly that we are back in the Premiership.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Smudgers one man protest nearly got rid of Delia........[/quote]

In light of his current relationship status he is hardly the one to offer up as being an example in how to get rid of women now is he Lapp?[:P]

They are father and son. The father supports Liverpool. I think a life time ban is to harsh. I''d be devastated.

I remember Bowkett being interviewed days after becoming chairman. He was asked if he was happy that Gunn was the Manager based on his lack of experience and poor record.

His reply was pure political skill and Gunn''s days were numbered before a ball had been kicked in anger.

I would think a certain Lambo was being ''eyed'' even then.

Hoorah!!

I actually think that those two did play a small part in it all. It was very obvious that there was a lot of discontent growing among the fans even before the start of the season in Division 3,hence the departure of Doomy and the appointment of Mcnally. Things were simmering at CR but i believe many were still going to see how things panned out. 7-1 against a team we thought we would thump was a turning point and i think the fact that two City fans (not exactly renown for our outspoken and aggressive behaviour) swayed a few opinions. That said Gunny was always on borrowed time under Mcnally.

Totally agreed with them. They did the best act against gunn for the board to realise it had got to that stage under his leadership.

So I hope they are still proud of it. Protests outside the ground have a very low impact, it is season tickets renewals that have the biggest. But their act certainly showed the total disgust to the board not removing gunn in the summer.

Hope they will or are back at carrow road very soon

Are some people really demeaning McNally so much, after all he has done for the club?Knowing the lack of fitness throughout the team, the fact Gunn had no experience, was appointed out of sentimentality and a decent win as caretaker, the then subsequent demise and relegation, the fact the new board probably (or clearly) werent keen on Gunn as manager from their appointment to the humiliation of losing 7-1 at home on the opening day of a new and what was supposed to be promising season? We''re really saying two idiots caught in the moment made up his mind and he suddenly realised ''those two have shown me the light, we need a new manager - hey how about that guy down there winning 3-0 against us''. Come off it.They were an entertaining distraction from what was a new low in the clubs history. That is all.

How do we know those two haven''t assumed different identities? Mmm, Deed Poll to change their names, two years on a severe weight-loss programme, bit of botox, grow a beard, learn to behave a bit more calmly...

...the more I think about this, it could well be the two guys sitting next to me in the Upper Barclay!