Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Mark Robins Sacked

according to teletex he has been sent a letter terminating his contract. If true a disgrace given that he has done a splendid job on a shoestring. Maintaining Championship status is no mean fete for a club the size of Barnsley . I think they will regret this decision

He has done a great job at both Rotherham & now Barnsley, he won''t be out of work for very long. Heaven forbid we should ever loose Lambert, but I think Robins would make a great city manager one day.

I agree with the Sheff Utd comment.

HE has done a very good job in my eyes, very harsh.

I can''t see who Barnsley can attract who will do a better job to be honest. Maybe that Tisdale at Exeter.

According to the Blades'' chairman Roberto Di matteo has contacted them about the manager''s job. The Barnsley chairman sacked the previous manager for not getting Barnsley into the top half of the table to challenge for the play-offs so I''m not surprised he has done so again. However his expectations appear to be grater than his ability or willingness to back the manager.

Not sure about Robins and as for even allowing the thought of him being a replacement for Lambo should that dreadful day occur? I despair.

Would anyone think that would be progress. There are some supporters who still need to realise that a Bowkett led NCFC is a club that really is progressive.

I can understand it is taking time to sink in with some.

When you think that our promotion to the Premier league was handled in such away that we suffered a season of being the pantomime horse.

It''s been a hellva long time to get our pride back. Win lose or draw we now support a truly professional outfit.

What exactly would be unprofessional about one day appointing Mark Robins as manager? Are you suggesting now that we''re back in the premier league we should be going for Jose Mourinho? Lambert was signed from a league 1 side with less managerial experience than Mark Robins has. Furthermore given the resources at his disposal he has done a commendable job at Barnsley and an excellent job at Rotherham. If he were to make an even greater success of his next job then what would disqualify him from consideration as our next manager in your opinion?

My apologies ''In Dubious'' despite your amount of posts, I don''t recognise your handle but I answer is ...... Yes and it is my opinion

Hopefully the situation will not arise for a year or so and meanwhile I will just enjoy the ride

If the Di Matteo rumors are true then I understand this decision. Di Matteo is a far better manager IMO, Very unlucky to get the chop at WBA IMO.

Di Matteo''s someone i''d like to see here one day when Lambert eventually moves on.

Being realistic Barnsley are playing at the highest level their lowish (11-13,000) crowds can sustain unless they had a sugardaddy. Any higher like seriously challenging for the Premiership and they''d be fighting above their weight!

Strange decision!

Robins is a good manager.. if he gets the Sheff utd job they will bounce back up forst time of asking.

The news today is that he has not been sacked.  The Chairman is in hospital and so isn''t able to do anything like that at present, but Robins is supposedly on the verge of quitting because he is not getting the funds he wants in the transfer market.  Strange how rumours get reported as truth.