Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

tricky months ahead....

IMO people are getting a little carried away insisting all will be well. Granted we have a cracking manager but buying for the Prem is particularly problematic. You can easily spend a shed load on a has been or non performer and buying young, hungry players with enough talent is easier said than done. But here is hoping! Realism all round though and lets just enjoy it

If we finish bottom with 0 points we will still end up with at least 90 million in three years.

This is massive for the club, that alone is worth getting carried away with.

I think we can survive, with the Prem bottom half being so tight, I don''t think are team is too far from them.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]If we finish bottom with 0 points we will still end up with at least 90 million in three years.

This is massive for the club, that alone is worth getting carried away with.

I think we can survive, with the Prem bottom half being so tight, I don''t think are team is too far from them.[/quote]

Only if we spend NOTHING in that time, which is impossible unless the players/staff aren''t paid...

Haha, okay five years* Probably would be £90 Million in three years if you include gate receipts to that.

Either way, this promotion is massive for the club financially and with Mcnally and Bowkett on board it will stretch even further

Absolutely, next season is by no means be easy. I think we should head in with the same attitude Blackpool had last this season, 6-0 down at Arsenal but still out singing the home fans. It should just be one season long party, and if we stay up carry it on the next season!

I do think there will be three worse teams than us next year, I don''t think any of the teams in the playoffs will survive.

I genuinely think most our players and the style we play will suit the Prem better.

I just think we need to try and get players in so we can mix it up if Plan A is working.

I think the fans are going to be massive this season aswell. I just think Lambert needs to spend well and we will be alright

"Only if we spend NOTHING in that time, which is impossible unless the players/staff aren''t paid... "

err, no

The £90m is £40m TV money each year (minimum) plus £48m spread over 4 years as parachute payments if we are relegated

We will still have the £17m or so that we get from tickets etc as we did last seasin and the season before so theoritically we could continue as we are and bank the whole £40m.

However the players will have had a clause which will up their wages for playing in the Premier League so some of the money will have to be spent - assuming we stick to the bare minimum theory.

Realistically I expect us to continue to meet the debt payments as scheduled and I expect a few of the soft loans to Delia, Turners and others to be paid off. It will be the wages that will take the money, not the absurd conjured up figures of transfer fees. Players who have taken us from League 1 to the Premier league will not expect to be paid League 1 wages while new arrivals will be on Premier League wages.

As to the months ahead I think McNally has as good as said that plans were already in place were we to go up. I don''t envisage some kind of sudden lottery win'' where the club goes out on a mad spending spree because of this ''unexpected bonus of promotion.

The real question will be have they got it right ? Next christmas should tell us that. Likewise if they have not got it right, have they retained enough money to change the squad ? That will be the dilema. So is it to be caution to allow for change in the January transfer window or go for it from the beginning to try and put as many points on the board, so hopefully we are not under major pressure come Jan 2012.

Next season is about survival.The reality of that means boring negative football at times.  It also means we have to retain possession even more by playing it around.That will annoy the idiot behind me who screams "forward" every time we do a sideways pass.

[quote user="kellybrook"]Next season is about survival.The reality of that means boring negative football at times.  It also means we have to retain possession even more by playing it around.That will annoy the idiot behind me who screams "forward" every time we do a sideways pass.[/quote]

Let me guess - you sit in the upper barclay?

[quote user="kellybrook"]

The reality of that means boring negative football at times.  It also means we have to retain possession even more by playing it around.

[/quote]

I don''t think we will ever be boring or negative. Unless you find keeping possession boring but i don''t think that''s what you meant. All through his time at the club Paul Lambert has bought players who will fit into our system and style of play and I can''t see that changing in the foreseeable future. We''re not going to suddenly turn into hoofball merchants trying to scrap their way to survival.

People are excited right now and that''s only natural. I just hope that we keep the faith (sorry [:$]) in our club and we don''t see threads bemoaning our lack of ambition if we haven''t spent £40million in transfer fees by the end of August. Some folk seem to be taking this reported quote from Alan Bowkett at a social function way too seriously.

I wasn''t looking forward to next season tbh, but after the few comments from PL and McNasty i think we can look forward to some interesting signings from PL . I , and like many ohers on here, cant see PL going out and buying big names as he''s admitted to wanting to carry on with the same sort of players that have done us so well over the last 12 month.

Sit back , watch him sign some great un known nuggets and enjoy the ride

we need to keep to the style and gameplan that has served us well over the last 2 seasons. If we try to experiment it will all go toes up. Stoke and Bolton have developed a style that suits them and the squad understand. Lets keep with it. We all know we have to be realistic but fortune favours the brave as lambert has demonstrated before

"IMO people are getting a little carried away insisting all will be well. Granted we have a cracking manager but buying for the Prem is particularly problematic. You can easily spend a shed load on a has been or non performer and buying young, hungry players with enough talent is easier said than done. But here is hoping! Realism all round though and lets just enjoy it"

We might even end up with the frontline of the new Kamil Ghilas and Jozy Altidore...I get your point, however I have lots of confidence in Lambert getting our transfers right this time, contrary to Worthy''s success in his prem summer transfer dealings.

I do hope we smash our transfer record however. Wouldn''t the euphoria of a real star player be amazing, even if it did end up going wrong :P"Norwich smash record fee to sign £8m (Wright Phillips, Keane, Parker, Cole, Messi :P ...)"Doesn''t that look good!!