Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Bentley off

Good news. Hopefully it means that Worthy''s actually got a couple of loan signings lined up already - pity the Arse have claimed haven''t got any. Only a couple of weeks transfer window left...

Sounds like a common sense agreement all round. Arsenal happy to take him back because we have agreed to honour the wages part of the contract.

We spend the next 7-10 days looking for 2 long term players to sign. If we can only find 1, having paid Bentleys wages until June, we may as well keep him on our books and if needed he can always play apart in the run in. If we do find two players we sign both and say cheerio and thanks to Bents in the knowledge that the squad has two more new faces.

OTBC

Plus also Arsenal will probably be better off treating his injury in next few months rather than us as he is contracted to them

Shame to lose him but aside from a couple of good performances i have been pretty disappointed by him this season. Anyways all the best to him and who knows, maybe we might see him back here come the summer.

Farewell then Bents! Thanks for the goal at Newcastle, shame that amazing shot hit the bar at Old Trafford and thank you too for the goal at the Posh in pre-season. I was standing right behind the goal that night as it flew into the top corner.

Poor bents, really liked him and would love to sign him. His brilliant shot that rattled the bar at Old Trafford, the stunner at St. James Park and a good display against Bolten. *snif* 

But on the bright side, bring in some loan signing worthy!

I agree with Rob. Apart from two games where he showed absolute class he didn''t really put in much effort. He obviously has talent in abundance, but not sure if he will be that sought after in his career unless he imporves his work rate. Is he lazy generally do you think ? or maybe he couldn''t be bothered at times for us.

Do any of you remember him saying in the Guardian that if Norwich stay up it will be down to him? Well I''m sure we will stay up, but It won''t be down to Bentley.

Best of luck Mr Skippy White Boots. Get your Arse in gear at Arse and maybe one day you''ll be the star you already think you are.

I think Bentley could have done a job for us, and I wish him luck if he heads back down the road. Ok, he hasnt lived up to many''s expectations, and probably his own, but its interesting to note the fondness for, say, Crouch, against Bentley, and whilst Im sure Bentley will be warmly applauded should we come accross him again, he hasnt had the impact some would have hoped.Having said that, when he shone his strikes were brilliant and I still say he has potential.

maybe i''m the one rueing his departure more than anyone else! i think he had so much potential to be a core, important piece of the norwich midfield. he was absolutely coming into his own when we put him in the center of the park using the 4-5-1 and then everyone starting getting injured and we had to put him out wide on the right again.

when he found his right spot in the middle of the park, he started to shine immediately. let''s not fault him for under-performing while out of position.

this is a big blow imho. our current midfield, even when fully fit, lacks creativity without bents.

I think that Bentley was not as effective as, say, Hucks, Crouchy or Cooper, because he always knew he was going back to Arsenal. With the others, they wanted to stay here and put in the effort and performances to try to impress Worthy accordingly. I''ve no doubt that Bents will go on to be a star, either at football or drag racing!!

his shooting was on a par with mine! sorry to see him go in that he obviously had talent, but he didn''t have enough passion and I don''t really think he''ll be missed too much. I actually think Rivers was a better winger than Bentley. I hope the next player we get on loan is no "big time Charlie".