Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The Season Ticket Waiting List

I basically don''t understand this paranoia about having empty seats at a game. Why is that a problem for so many?Busy yourselves with what is happening on the pitch and not worrying about how much (or how little) the club is raking in by overselling seats. It''s a lazy way of balancing the books and strange that Robert Chase managed to build a great team with 16 to 18 thousand in attendance.The casual fan has been squeezed out by this regime... and they won''t be coming back in a hurry when the club ''wants them'' again. 

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I basically don''t understand this paranoia about having empty seats at a game. Why is that a problem for so many?Busy yourselves with what is happening on the pitch and not worrying about how much (or how little) the club is raking in by overselling seats. It''s a lazy way of balancing the books and strange that Robert Chase managed to build a great team with 16 to 18 thousand in attendance.The casual fan has been squeezed out by this regime... and they won''t be coming back in a hurry when the club ''wants them'' again. [/quote]I would love the club to sell every seat to season ticket holders just so if a blue moon does arise you won''t be able to get a ticket.

Paul Cluckbert "]I basically don''t understand this paranoia about having empty seats at a game. Why is that a problem for so many?Busy yourselves with what is happening on the pitch and not worrying about how much (or how little) the club is raking in by overselling seats. It''s a lazy way of balancing the books and strange that Robert Chase managed to build a great team with 16 to 18 thousand in attendance.The casual fan has been squeezed out by this regime... and they won''t be coming back in a hurry when the club ''wants them'' again

Prize T WAT!

Like many others I was going in the early 90''s when we were getting 10-12,000 (whre was all th casuals then?) and I can say categorically that getting 25-26,000 is better than a half empty stadium!

While Chases policies worked for a decade, in the end he left the club in one hell of a mess in 1996, although his land deals (where much of the early 90''s money went) benefited us 6 years down the line!

While what happens on the pitch is the most important element of a football club, getting people to pay and wtch is also important cause if theres no fans then there would be no club!

If we were still getting 12-14,000, then I''m sure the club would sell csual tickets cheaper in order to attract people in but while the ground is at least 5000 short of a capacity befitting our large fanbase then quite often, especially in these successfull times demand is going to exceed supply!

I take it you don''t run a business?

Anyone worth listening to got anything to say on the matter?Just the usual thickos so far.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Anyone worth listening to got anything to say on the matter? Just the usual thickos so far.[/quote]

Obviously including yourself in that Clucktwat?

Anyway, it''s not rocket science. Club advertises tickets for sale, fans buy tickets, ground full up. Everyone has same chance of buying tickets.

When did you last try to buy a ticket Clucktwat?

So it''s so long since you tried to buy a ticket that you''ve either forgotten or are too embarrassed to tell us just how "caual" you are Clucktwat?

I''m going for forgotten since you are senile.

Poor old Cluckin'' Nora had "a bank of season tickets" which she "threw in" when the club was sliding towards League One. I don''t know if there were any takers but she actively encouraged others to do the same. Those poor beggars are probably on the waiting list now where as Nora probably never had "a bank of tickets" to "throw in". Such is message board life for the s hit stirrers and the gullible.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Poor old Cluckin'' Nora had "a bank of season tickets" which she "threw in" when the club was sliding towards League One. I don''t know if there were any takers but she actively encouraged others to do the same. Those poor beggars are probably on the waiting list now where as Nora probably never had "a bank of tickets" to "throw in". Such is message board life for the s hit stirrers and the gullible.

[/quote]

I would feel sorry for the farmers and breeders but what we really need is a serious outbreak of foul pest.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I would feel sorry for the farmers and breeders but what we really need is a serious outbreak of foul pest.[;)]

[/quote]

Oops i mean fowl.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Oops i mean fowl.

[/quote]It''s cluck we''re talking about here. Foul is fine! [;)]

never mind new season ticket holders, i''m hoping lots of people will be up for some movin'' and shakin'' next week so me and my mate can sit together.  whilst i like the corner i''m in, and the atmosphere probably wouldn''t be as good, i''d like to sit behind the home team dug out.

This little gathering of girlies is all very well... but what is the problem with having empty seats available at all games for casuals?It''s a simple question... or are you like those little children who would never share their sweets and want it them for yourselves?Sounds possessive and very selfish to me.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This little gathering of girlies is all very well... but what is the problem with having empty seats available at all games for casuals?[/quote]Having empty seats for casuals means the Club don''t make as much money when the "smaller clubs" are at carrow Road that the casuals don''t want to pay and watch.

This season the club capped season tickets at 21,000. The maximum away allocation at Carrow Road for league games was 2,500. So that means there were a minimum of 3000 casual match tickets for each game - although it was more like 4000-5000 because of the size of away support.

That''s the trouble with you Nora. You have no respect for the "grass root fans". That "bank of season tickets" which you used to own deprived many of them a place in the ground before we started to slide towards League One and you "threw them in". So do you think the "grass root fans" should only go when you get fickle because the team are losing? There''s grass root fans and the prawn sandwich brigade. Did you have mayo in yours?

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This little gathering of girlies is all very well... but what is the problem with having empty seats available at all games for casuals?[/quote]Having empty seats for casuals means the Club don''t make as much money when the "smaller clubs" are at carrow Road that the casuals don''t want to pay and watch. [/quote]But what is more important... helping fellow supporters who can only occasionally be part of things, or ensuring the club get access to easy money?The incentive to work hard is diminished when your wages are always assured... but when gates rise and fall according to what happens on the pitch the need to work hard becomes the responsibility of the owner.How many other sets of fans do you know of who are more obsessed with the inner workings of their club than what actually goes on on the pitch? 

I hate seeing empty seats. I don''t care who sits in them - plastic/purists/casuals or season ticket holders.

Every empty seat represents a loss of income and associated purchases - programmes/snacks etc. all of which goes into the playing budget.

Ideally every seat should be sold every week but of course this is not possible and it follows that those who choose their games for whatever reason should pay a premium price.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This little gathering of girlies is all very well... but what is the problem with having empty seats available at all games for casuals?

It''s a simple question... or are you like those little children who would never share their sweets and want it them for yourselves?

Sounds possessive and very selfish to me.
[/quote]

Could it be that when they were available over the last 2 seasons the casuals only turned up to fill the ground against Leeds / Ipswich / the Christmas fixture and the last 2 games of the season to celebrate promotion. Could it therefore mean that when tickets will be available against Wigan you wont want to come to that game because it is not Man Utd or Liverpool. If you do as you say the ground will simply be full of away supporters every game. Why do you only want a share of the sweets now they taste nicer. You did not want to share my sweets when they did not taste so nice in league 1.  Anyone who wanted to go to 10 games could have bought a season ticket and choosen their 10 games, That would still have been cheaper than purchasing 10 casual tickets for the 10 worst games.  

Well it is my birthday today and my dad has told me we''re on the waiting list and he got us put on in April before we got promoted so there is a 0.00001% chance we might get them! Fingers crossed, eh.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This little gathering of girlies is all very well... but what is the problem with having empty seats available at all games for casuals?It''s a simple question... or are you like those little children who would never share their sweets and want it them for yourselves?Sounds possessive and very selfish to me.[/quote]

Could it be that when they were available over the last 2 seasons the casuals only turned up to fill the ground against Leeds / Ipswich / the Christmas fixture and the last 2 games of the season to celebrate promotion. Could it therefore mean that when tickets will be available against Wigan you wont want to come to that game because it is not Man Utd or Liverpool. If you do as you say the ground will simply be full of away supporters every game. Why do you only want a share of the sweets now they taste nicer. You did not want to share my sweets when they did not taste so nice in league 1.  Anyone who wanted to go to 10 games could have bought a season ticket and choosen their 10 games, That would still have been cheaper than purchasing 10 casual tickets for the 10 worst games.  

[/quote]I don''t want a season ticket.... full stop. Wrong tack altogether as my issue concerns other fans who cannot make it to many games for any number of reasons. I am concerned solely about the thousands of disenfranchised Norwich City fans the club''s season ticket scam excludes and which is fuelling the present day season ticket snobbery.We aren''t all born with the selfish ''I''m alright Jack'' gene. That''s what makes me so different to so many of you.

[quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]But what is more important... helping

fellow supporters who can only occasionally be part of things, or

ensuring the club get access to easy money?[/quote]The Club having enough money to survive is what''s important and having the ground full makes more money than having empty seats.[quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]I don''t want a season ticket.... full stop. [/quote]There''s a suprise, you would rather spend your time on here spreading your poison than contributing something to the club.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]But what is more important... helping

ensuring the club get access to easy money?[/quote]The Club having enough money to survive is what''s important and having the ground full makes more money than having empty seats.[quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]I don''t want a season ticket.... full stop. [/quote]There''s a suprise, you would rather spend your time on here spreading your poison than contributing something to the club.[/quote]Just be grateful that my taxes are paying for your ticket lightweight....

[quote user="Paul Cluckberk "][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]But what is more important... helping

ensuring the club get access to easy money?[/quote]The Club having enough money to survive is what''s important and having the ground full makes more money than having empty seats.[quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]I don''t want a season ticket.... full stop. [/quote]There''s a suprise, you would rather spend your time on here spreading your poison than contributing something to the club.[/quote]Just be grateful that my taxes are paying for your ticket lightweight....

[/quote]
Can''t help but notice that when can''t answer what somebody has posted you have to resort to insults, keep them coming, it''s you that''s showing yourself up.

Also I like to think that all the taxes I''ve paid over the years pay me the pittance that I get for carers allowance, hopefully it''s a temporary thing, I would love my partner to get well enough again for me to return to work.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This little gathering of girlies is all very well... but what is the problem with having empty seats available at all games for casuals?

It''s a simple question... or are you like those little children who would never share their sweets and want it them for yourselves?

Sounds possessive and very selfish to me.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t want a season ticket.... full stop.

Wrong tack altogether as my issue concerns other fans who cannot make it to many games for any number of reasons. I am concerned solely about the thousands of disenfranchised Norwich City fans the club''s season ticket scam excludes and which is fuelling the present day season ticket snobbery.

We aren''t all born with the selfish ''I''m alright Jack'' gene. That''s what makes me so different to so many of you.
[/quote]

So why do my sweets taste nicer now ? It is not Norwich you want to come and watch its Norwich playing Manchester United. I dont think it an I am alright Jack as if I would have wanted to buy a casual ticket over the last two seasons I could have had one. For the 10 games out of 46 that the home areas sold out there were buybacks. The same applies next year. One of the best things the club ever did as last time we were prem I was not a season ticket holder. Consequently I used to travel down from Birmingham and stand outside the ground trying to buy a spare. Did not succeed most of the time so used to stand outside whats now Yellows peering at a small monitor through the window. That made me decide to have a season ticket the next year kept it ever since.  All you have to do is make an effort and a ticket is yours. I can already see the talk on here next year from the likes of yourselves - £40 for a ticket to watch Wigan the club are ripping people off - Followed by 40000 people quite happy to pay £60 to be there when we play Man Utd. You are in a dreamworld. If I was not a season ticket holder would I come and watch Wigan ? probably not.

One last point, you constantly slate Delia however it is only because of her that the price of football at Norwich makes it accessable for all.  If we stay up I expect my season ticket will go up by 1/3. Should we get relegated I am sure there will be plenty of empty seats in our 27500 capacity stadium. But then I guess you will only want to come when we play 1p5wich. Without the number of season ticket holders we would not have been able to restructure our debts, would have gone into administration and next year be playing in league 1 or 2. 

Don''t quite understand this.  Unless I''m missing something blatantly

obvious (wouldn''t be the first time), this is a bit of a ridiculous

argument. Yes, it would be good for the future fan-base of the

Club if occasional/casual/new supporters could get in to watch matches

from time to time and that''s exactly what they have been able to do for

virtually every match for many years.  Tickets have gone on general sale

for all but the handful of "big" games and they have also been

available for every match on "buy back" for those deciding on a whim to

turn up and queue.  Equally, the consistently healthy season ticket

sales allow the Club to have a far more predictable income and thereby

to be far more credible in its business dealings.  I really don''t

understand how such good season ticket sales could be considered as

anything other than a good thing, but then again some people with very

bizarre chips on their shoulders seem either unable to move forwards

from the 1970s or consider it all as some sort of right wing policy

designed to disenfranchise the working class.It seems to me that

the balance is absolutely right.  Outstanding level of support as shown

through consistently impressive season ticket sales whilst there is

still the facility for occasional supporters to come to matches if they

wish by getting tickets when they go on general sale or via the "buy

back" scheme.  So why the argument? 

I certainly did sympathise with those dedicated fans, who for the last half a dozen ''rocky rollercoaster'' years or so, were unfortunately unable to purchase season tickets - due to their personal, work, travel, financial, family and whatever excu....er, reasons and other commitments - that meant that their attending any NCFC matches through those last half a dozen ''rocky rollercoaster'' years or so, was such an impossibility......

I''m so pleased that now, (and it''s certainly good to hear), that NCFC after half a dozen ''rocky rollercoaster'' years or so, are back in the Premiership - and that those unfortunate, but dedicated fans, have now managed to re-adjust their personal, work, travel, financial, family and whatever excu....er reasons and other commitments - now means they''re able to apply for season-tickets (or go on the waiting list) or, are determined to become super members/members.....or, are particulary determined to pursue the purchase of casual tickets.....

Hope to see you all there! OTBC!

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]This little gathering of girlies is all very well... but what is the problem with having empty seats available at all games for casuals?It''s a simple question... or are you like those little children who would never share their sweets and want it them for yourselves?Sounds possessive and very selfish to me.[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t want a season ticket.... full stop. Wrong tack altogether as my issue concerns other fans who cannot make it to many games for any number of reasons. I am concerned solely about the thousands of disenfranchised Norwich City fans the club''s season ticket scam excludes and which is fuelling the present day season ticket snobbery.We aren''t all born with the selfish ''I''m alright Jack'' gene. That''s what makes me so different to so many of you.[/quote]

So why do my sweets taste nicer now ? It is not Norwich you want to come and watch its Norwich playing Manchester United. I dont think it an I am alright Jack as if I would have wanted to buy a casual ticket over the last two seasons I could have had one. For the 10 games out of 46 that the home areas sold out there were buybacks. The same applies next year. One of the best things the club ever did as last time we were prem I was not a season ticket holder. Consequently I used to travel down from Birmingham and stand outside the ground trying to buy a spare. Did not succeed most of the time so used to stand outside whats now Yellows peering at a small monitor through the window. That made me decide to have a season ticket the next year kept it ever since.  All you have to do is make an effort and a ticket is yours. I can already see the talk on here next year from the likes of yourselves - £40 for a ticket to watch Wigan the club are ripping people off - Followed by 40000 people quite happy to pay £60 to be there when we play Man Utd. You are in a dreamworld. If I was not a season ticket holder would I come and watch Wigan ? probably not.

One last point, you constantly slate Delia however it is only because of her that the price of football at Norwich makes it accessable for all.  If we stay up I expect my season ticket will go up by 1/3. Should we get relegated I am sure there will be plenty of empty seats in our 27500 capacity stadium. But then I guess you will only want to come when we play 1p5wich. Without the number of season ticket holders we would not have been able to restructure our debts, would have gone into administration and next year be playing in league 1 or 2. 

[/quote]Silly boy....That might apply to many of the ''two club tommies'' who frequent the ground in sizeable numbers these days.... but CR won''t see me again until Smith has gone, and it won''t matter who City are playing when I return.I''ll survive in the meantime... somehow.