Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The Season Ticket Waiting List

So what about the thousands of supporters who kept the club afloat 15+ years ago when many of you lot weren''t even out of short trousers?  Don''t they deserve to get to see a game in the ''modern day'' when it pleases or does it all belong to you now?Best we tell our old servicemen who gave their all to keep Britain free in WW2 (and since) that what they did was irrelevant then. We''re alright now Jack and so the past doesn''t matter one jot anymore.Selfish and ignorant beyond words.

Yawn, Yawn Cluckbert!

Hasn''t it dawned on you that many if not most of the 14,000 hardcore during the struggling years of the late 1990''s are still going, but have had the sense to get season tickets to ensure they get in and at a good price?

Anyway the fact we had 8-9000 empty seat most games in them days suggest that casual sales wern''t that great in them days, so where are they!

Why are you implying that all season ticket holders are johnny come latelies? I''ve had my season ticket for more than 15 years plus put money into the club when it needed finances, along with a lot of other STHs, so I think we have every right to enjoy our cosy seats now the good times have come.

I wasn''t implying that canary_bird. I reckon most of the STHs have had their tickets many years.

Enjoy the good times. Bird Brain is only bitter because she "threw in her tickets" as the club slid towards League One. She was part of her own problem prior to that[:S]

[quote user="canary_bird"]Why are you implying that all season ticket holders are johnny come latelies? I''ve had my season ticket for more than 15 years plus put money into the club when it needed finances, along with a lot of other STHs, so I think we have every right to enjoy our cosy seats now the good times have come.[/quote]

I''m in the old early 80''s 90''s STH''s group of fan and refused to give it up during the bad times because I had it in my head that the good days would come back again and I wanted to be part of it, bet thier are a few with egg on chins now,

I have nothing against season ticket holders themselves they have simply taken advantage of the club''s policy of selling most tickets in this way. But Cluck has a point, many people either can''t afford or commit to a season ticket, but would still like to attend some games, these people are being marginalised. The inability to come to Carrow Road 23 times a season bears no relation on how much one supports the club in spite of what some people on this thread might think. Its not a case of just deciding to turn up when we feel like it!I live in the north of England in a low paying job I simply can not afford to make it back that often. Thankfully I am close to loads of away teams so get my fix that way. But the fact it will be next to impossible for me to get into Carrow Road next season is not right! The club should cap season tickets at 15,000 now, and return it to 20,000 only when we have the extra capacity.

all this talk of "i''m a bigger fan as season ticket holder, blah blah", "you''re not a true fan as....." is absolute nonsense. We all love the club and support them in our own ways and within our own financial limits. "Time" is a big one too...I live 120+ miles away and when I was a season ticket holder (for 6 years) it not only cost me a packet in train fares, petrol, (and speeding fines), etc and more importantly completely took away all of my Saturday...and when my son was born I had the decision of share in my sons growth and upbringing for 1 of the 2 days I would be able to spend with him...or watch Grant/Roeder football...add to that the financial constraints "new" family life brings and it wasn''t that hard for me to say "bye for now" to Glenn and the boys.

I don''t regret any of it as still see them at home when I can, and always them when they are in the capital. Some of you on here forget we support the same bloody club, its embarrassing.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]all this talk of "i''m a bigger fan as season ticket holder, blah blah", "you''re not a true fan as....." is absolute nonsense. We all love the club and support them in our own ways and within our own financial limits. "Time" is a big one too...I live 120+ miles away and when I was a season ticket holder (for 6 years) it not only cost me a packet in train fares, petrol, (and speeding fines), etc and more importantly completely took away all of my Saturday...and when my son was born I had the decision of share in my sons growth and upbringing for 1 of the 2 days I would be able to spend with him...or watch Grant/Roeder football...add to that the financial constraints "new" family life brings and it wasn''t that hard for me to say "bye for now" to Glenn and the boys.

I don''t regret any of it as still see them at home when I can, and always them when they are in the capital. Some of you on here forget we support the same bloody club, its embarrassing.[/quote]

Agree with you Spence I am about 120 miles away as well and with the cost of petrol going up and up the cost is enourmous, I have a ST with my kids and will go until i can''t afford not to but to say that someone who doesn''t have a season ticket isn''t a proper fan is utter bollocks.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]I have nothing against season ticket holders themselves they have simply taken advantage of the club''s policy of selling most tickets in this way. But Cluck has a point, many people either can''t afford or commit to a season ticket, but would still like to attend some games, these people are being marginalised.

The inability to come to Carrow Road 23 times a season bears no relation on how much one supports the club in spite of what some people on this thread might think. Its not a case of just deciding to turn up when we feel like it!I live in the north of England in a low paying job I simply can not afford to make it back that often. Thankfully I am close to loads of away teams so get my fix that way. But the fact it will be next to impossible for me to get into Carrow Road next season is not right!

The club should cap season tickets at 15,000 now, and return it to 20,000 only when we have the extra capacity.
[/quote]

How would they do this , and stop glory hunters getting tickets before those that have attened every game over the past 2 or 3 years ?

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]I have nothing against season ticket holders themselves they have simply taken advantage of the club''s policy of selling most tickets in this way. But Cluck has a point, many people either can''t afford or commit to a season ticket, but would still like to attend some games, these people are being marginalised. The inability to come to Carrow Road 23 times a season bears no relation on how much one supports the club in spite of what some people on this thread might think. Its not a case of just deciding to turn up when we feel like it!I live in the north of England in a low paying job I simply can not afford to make it back that often. Thankfully I am close to loads of away teams so get my fix that way. But the fact it will be next to impossible for me to get into Carrow Road next season is not right! The club should cap season tickets at 15,000 now, and return it to 20,000 only when we have the extra capacity. [/quote]

How would they do this , and stop glory hunters getting tickets before those that have attened every game over the past 2 or 3 years ?

[/quote]I agree its a problem, it should never have been allowed to get that high in the first place. I suppose the extra capacity would solve the problem. How about selling packages of games at the start of the season to members? 6 or 12 games with supporters allowed to select so many games from each category?  Also how do you tell a glory hunter from a genuine fan?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]So what about the thousands of supporters who kept the club afloat 15+ years ago when many of you lot weren''t even out of short trousers?  Don''t they deserve to get to see a game in the ''modern day'' when it pleases or does it all belong to you now?

Best we tell our old servicemen who gave their all to keep Britain free in WW2 (and since) that what they did was irrelevant then. We''re alright now Jack and so the past doesn''t matter one jot anymore.

Selfish and ignorant beyond words.
[/quote]

If we did as you say I for one would have not been able to afford to go to every game. This year would be even worse. My season ticket cost roughly Â£385. Like most people I assume casual tickets this year for most games will be in the region of £40 but probably higher. Therefore if I wanted to watch every game as a casual I would have to pay upwards of £800 and guess what for my loyalty of turning up against Bolton Blackburn ect the likes of you would nab all the tickets so that I could not see us play Man Utd ect. To quote Paul Lambert - we will need a crowd behind us every game next year - did not hear him say lets have an empty stadium when we play the likes of QPR and fill the place when we play Man Utd ect.

One last point that you do not seem to have taken into account. If you restricted season tickets to only a few those you want to get in still will not get tickets. If we allowed teams like Man U / Newcastle /Sunderland / the chance to fill our stadium they would. Do you really not think that if we sold 12000 casual tickets for a game like that at least half of them would be bought by away fans.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]So what about the thousands of supporters who kept the club afloat 15+ years ago when many of you lot weren''t even out of short trousers?  Don''t they deserve to get to see a game in the ''modern day'' when it pleases or does it all belong to you now?Best we tell our old servicemen who gave their all to keep Britain free in WW2 (and since) that what they did was irrelevant then. We''re alright now Jack and so the past doesn''t matter one jot anymore.Selfish and ignorant beyond words.[/quote]Oh, cluck, cluck....." What about the thousands of supporters who kept the club afloat 15 + years ago......? " you say, Well, setting aside the pretty valid argument that your hero, Bob Chase, was primarily responsible for the sorry financial state the club found itself in at that time, there were plenty of supporters who didn''t seem too bothered about saving the day by putting their bums on some of the empty seats.....An interesting article on the '' Pink-Un '' site in March this year recalls :8800 season ticket holders .....1994/5 ( Premier League )6594     "        "         "       ......1995/6 ( Championship/ 2nd tier )Taking your assertion that at that time - pre Delia - City fans were all '' quality '' it seems odd that that just shy of 25% of these '' quality '' regulars voted with their feet......Contrast that with :19250 season ticket holders.....2004/5 ( Premier League )20096     "         "         "     ......2005/6 ( Championship/ 2nd tier )If that isn''t keeping the club afloat I don''t know what is. Bob Chase would have given his right arm for that sort of loyalty.It was Bill Shankly who said - hopefully tongue-in-cheek - that football is more important than life or death. It may be that comparing conscripts facing the real possibility of death in war-time with lapsed supporters who for some reason have recently rediscovered their appetite for 90 minutes entertainment watching the Canaries at Carrow Rd is perhaps just a tad over the top. Stamping your feet and sceaming because you can''t see Premiership football when you couldn''t be ar*ed to go when we were c*ap isn''t quite the same thing as being snubbed by society after having laid your life on the line, is it ?" Selfish and ignorant beyond words " sums up the fly-by-nights very well indeed......

I don''t know any season ticket holders who think they are better fans than those who don''t have season tickets. I think that''s a myth perpetuated by bird brains to stir folk up on here.

This shouldn''t be confused with those who gave up their season tickets during our slide to League One. Current season ticket holders and casual fans are better fans than them. And if those same fans are now back on the list for season tickets then as well as being fickle fans they are also glory hunters and we''d all be better off without them.

Of course the problem the club has is not the amount of season tickets sold. It''s the fact that the stadium isn''t big enough for all those people who want to go. The club are aware of this and are doing something about it. They would be fools not to. If the stadium held 35,000 we could fill it many times in a Premier League season. But if the worst ever happened again and we slid to league One there would be no more than the 25,000 we got last season. You can draw your own conclusions why that would be.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]I have nothing against season ticket holders themselves they have simply taken advantage of the club''s policy of selling most tickets in this way. But Cluck has a point, many people either can''t afford or commit to a season ticket, but would still like to attend some games, these people are being marginalised.

The inability to come to Carrow Road 23 times a season bears no relation on how much one supports the club in spite of what some people on this thread might think. Its not a case of just deciding to turn up when we feel like it!I live in the north of England in a low paying job I simply can not afford to make it back that often. Thankfully I am close to loads of away teams so get my fix that way. But the fact it will be next to impossible for me to get into Carrow Road next season is not right!

The club should cap season tickets at 15,000 now, and return it to 20,000 only when we have the extra capacity.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree its a problem, it should never have been allowed to get that high in the first place. I suppose the extra capacity would solve the problem.

How about selling packages of games at the start of the season to members? 6 or 12 games with supporters allowed to select so many games from each category? 

Also how do you tell a glory hunter from a genuine fan?
[/quote]

But without the season ticket holders in league one Paul Lamberts budget would have been tiny and if not still in league 1 we would be in the championship still. We may even have been in administration and certainly the debts could not have been restructured as part of it was dependent on regular garunteed money. With only 15000 season ticket holders most gates would have been around 20000 especially after the first game. I for one instead of going to every game would probably have gone to 10 or 15 tops. And by the way its nothing to do with cost if it meant paying an extra £200 per season and it all went to Lamberts budget no problem as I would not notice £17 per month. If I was asked to £50 every game no chance just would not bother 

Without the huge number of season ticket holders would we have signed Holt ? I think not  

I''ve been a Barclay Lower STH since 1992-93, before that I used to pay at the turnstile on the Barclay Terrace. I remember in the early and mid 90''s when we played the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool homes parts of the ground were taken over by the local glory hunters in their red shirts. Glad this can''t/won''t happen next season.

Lets hope we can establish ourselves in the Premier League (it hasn''t be called the Premiership for over five years now!) so we can finance a new or expanded City Stand to keep everyone happy.

Personally I''d like to bring back terracing to Carrow Road - Cheaper tickets, stand where you like, pay on the day etc. I can''t see this ever happening though, and can understand why, but I''m sure it could be done safely. Unfortunately those in charge of the game now don''t want it.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree its a problem, it should never have been allowed to get that high in the first place. I suppose the extra capacity would solve the problem.

How about selling packages of games at the start of the season to members? 6 or 12 games with supporters allowed to select so many games from each category? 

[/quote]

Previous reply in this thread , offered £100 then £200 for my season ticket on Saturday, dont suppose they were there last season . Now very nice guys but no colours whatever on the biggest party day for 6 years . I would say they were glory hunters

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]I have nothing against season ticket holders themselves they have simply taken advantage of the club''s policy of selling most tickets in this way. But Cluck has a point, many people either can''t afford or commit to a season ticket, but would still like to attend some games, these people are being marginalised. The inability to come to Carrow Road 23 times a season bears no relation on how much one supports the club in spite of what some people on this thread might think. Its not a case of just deciding to turn up when we feel like it!I live in the north of England in a low paying job I simply can not afford to make it back that often. Thankfully I am close to loads of away teams so get my fix that way. But the fact it will be next to impossible for me to get into Carrow Road next season is not right! The club should cap season tickets at 15,000 now, and return it to 20,000 only when we have the extra capacity. [/quote]

[/quote]I agree its a problem, it should never have been allowed to get that high in the first place. I suppose the extra capacity would solve the problem. How about selling packages of games at the start of the season to members? 6 or 12 games with supporters allowed to select so many games from each category?  Also how do you tell a glory hunter from a genuine fan? [/quote]

Previous reply in this thread , offered £100 then £200 for my season ticket on Saturday, dont suppose they were there last season . Now very nice guys but no colours whatever on the biggest party day for 6 years . I would say they were glory hunters

[/quote]Thats a bit of an assumption. Perhaps they have been to loads of games as a casual fan and loads of away games? Just because they were not season ticket holders does not make them glory hunters! Lots of people choose not to wear colours, including me don''t really see the relevance of that.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats a bit of an assumption. Perhaps they have been to loads of games as a casual fan and loads of away games? Just because they were not season ticket holders does not make them glory hunters! Lots of people choose not to wear colours, including me don''t really see the relevance of that.
[/quote]

Ok get your point , but £100 offer rising to £200 on the day , there was an opertunity to buy both casual seats and hospitality well before the game ( when we were not garenteed promotion ) and for £200 they could have had good hospitality opertunities . Granted its only my assumptiom but I am sure that for the money they were offering they could have sorted something out well before the day !Like I said good guys and we had a lot of banter !

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]I agree its a problem, it should never have been allowed to get that high in the first place. I suppose the extra capacity would solve the problem. How about selling packages of games at the start of the season to members? 6 or 12 games with supporters allowed to select so many games from each category?  Also how do you tell a glory hunter from a genuine fan? [/quote]

But without the season ticket holders in league one Paul Lamberts budget would have been tiny and if not still in league 1 we would be in the championship still. We may even have been in administration and certainly the debts could not have been restructured as part of it was dependent on regular garunteed money. With only 15000 season ticket holders most gates would have been around 20000 especially after the first game. I for one instead of going to every game would probably have gone to 10 or 15 tops. And by the way its nothing to do with cost if it meant paying an extra £200 per season and it all went to Lamberts budget no problem as I would not notice £17 per month. If I was asked to £50 every game no chance just would not bother 

Without the huge number of season ticket holders would we have signed Holt ? I think not  

[/quote]I don''t really follow your logic. If the extra 5,000 season tickets had not been sold, those people would surely still wish to attend matches? What difference does it make they just buy a ticket for each game allowing other casuals the chance too. The club get more money from casual tickets too, so could have even increased revenue.

I do agree DB , but any increase would also have a percentage increase of season tickets and I am sure demand woudl still out strip supply and this debate would still exist

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]The solution to this that would satisfy everyone is clearly stadium expansion. Does anybody know the clubs time-frame for this?[/quote]

Two years in the prem they said earlier in the year

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats a bit of an assumption. Perhaps they have been to loads of games as a casual fan and loads of away games? Just because they were not season ticket holders does not make them glory hunters! Lots of people choose not to wear colours, including me don''t really see the relevance of that.
[/quote]

Ok get your point , but £100 offer rising to £200 on the day , there was an opertunity to buy both casual seats and hospitality well before the game ( when we were not garenteed promotion ) and for £200 they could have had good hospitality opertunities . Granted its only my assumptiom but I am sure that for the money they were offering they could have sorted something out well before the day !Like I said good guys and we had a lot of banter !

[/quote]

Not really.  They may not be Supermembers or they may have been away when tickets went on sale (11 April).  Mrs BH and I are both Supermembers but I couldnt ring up for Cov tickets until the Wednesday morning as we were away.  By that time the ONLY place with tickets together was in the corner between the N&P and the City stand in the family enclosure.  Anywhere else was odd tickets - and there werent many of those.  And that was 5 days BEFORE tickets went on sale to ordinary members and S/T holders

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]I do agree DB , but any increase would also have a percentage increase of season tickets and I am sure demand woudl still out strip supply and this debate would still exist[/quote]I would be disappointed if the entire stadium increase was sold as season tickets. I would gladly commit to coming to 8/10 home games a season and would gladly pay in advance, there must be a way that we could sell casual fans who can''t make every game tickets in this manner? That way glory hunters who just want to see Man Utd would be kept out unless they want to pay hundreds of pounds and watch the likes of Wigan, Stoke & QPR too?

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really.  They may not be Supermembers or they may have been away when tickets went on sale (11 April).  Mrs BH and I are both Supermembers but I couldnt ring up for Cov tickets until the Wednesday morning as we were away.  By that time the ONLY place with tickets together was in the corner between the N&P and the City stand in the family enclosure.  Anywhere else was odd tickets - and there werent many of those.  And that was 5 days BEFORE tickets went on sale to ordinary members and S/T holders

[/quote]

I dont dispute tihs BH , but £200 , they could have got hospitality tickets. Anyway touts will be rife next year if they manage to get tickets

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]I do agree DB , but any increase would also have a percentage increase of season tickets and I am sure demand woudl still out strip supply and this debate would still exist[/quote]

I would be disappointed if the entire stadium increase was sold as season tickets. I would gladly commit to coming to 8/10 home games a season and would gladly pay in advance, there must be a way that we could sell casual fans who can''t make every game tickets in this manner? That way glory hunters who just want to see Man Utd would be kept out unless they want to pay hundreds of pounds and watch the likes of Wigan, Stoke & QPR too?
[/quote]

It would not be all DB as you have to have a % casual so any increase in seating would increase % of casual ,but with the 2K on a season ticket waiting list they wont be around long

I still maintain that some people have caused their own difficulties by not thinking ahead. If you had the funds and got organised, you could have bought a new 2011/12 ticket in January/February this year. I''ve seen it on this board before, people saying they''d left it a bit late to get their tickets for a certain match and asking if anyone was selling. Why leave it late if you are that keen to attend? We all know when the tickets go on sale to the different categories of members/non-members, if it matters to you get online or on the phone early.