Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The Season Ticket Waiting List

What I don''t understand is why people who have very genuine reasons for not being a ST holder, and put Banana to shame, didn''t do similar to ''itstheruddyfuture'' and buy them in January/February/March when there was STs available if they knew they would be in Norwich for next season?

Does it really matter, though? As some posters have rightly pointed out, all the new fans will be bringing in money for the club, helping to fund the purchase of new players and strengthen our team.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]All the usual suspects lining up to defend their ''I''m alright Jack'' mentality I see.I simply refer to my ''quality rather than quantity'' viewpoint. It seems acceptable to many that those who are unable or willing to pay out for a season ticket should be excluded from getting to games. With so many seats taken by the well heeled brats bankrolled by mummy and daddy it leaves little room for the ordinary grassroot irregular supporter and so in time the local support disappears and the crowd becomes bland and unconnected to the City and wider area.With so many in attendance now who cannot stand on their own two feet it looks like seating is the only answer... otherwise you''d all fall over.[/quote]Either you or I have lost the plot here, Cluck....Is a '' quality '' supporter one who is quite happy to turn up and pay his/her 40-odd quid when the '' big '' teams roll into Carrow Rd next term, but, should we be relegated soon make his/her excuses and disappear over the horizon in 2012/13? If that''s the case then presumably a '' quantity '' supporter must be one who''s been religiously shelling out several hundred pounds every year - in advance - since our last relegation to '' enjoy '', which until the last two successful seasons, has been pretty much unmitigated dross ? As a businessman yourself you wouldn''t believe your luck if you were in any business, entertainment or otherwise, and your customers paid you for nine months worth of goods up-front and possibly didn''t come back later to make use of them. I know which one I think is '' quality '' ..........Setting aside the obvious attraction to everyone of wanting watching the top Premiership teams in action at Carrow Rd it is sad that most people won''t even be able to buy a spur-of-the-moment ticket to watch lesser lights. But you can''t get a quart into a pint pot which surely pays testament to the good, mainly Norfolk folk - of which you''re so fond - who''ve filled the stadium so regularly over recent years ?You say that many seats are being taken by " well heeled brats bankrolled

by mummy and daddy ". I presume by that you mean mainly children and/or

those a lot younger than us two. Is this the same Cluck who not so long

ago was always trumpeting the benefits of getting '' young blood ''

interested in the Canaries as they are the future life-blood of NCFC ?

Personally I think child season ticket prices in particular are a little too cheap, but,

in offering discounts to youngsters the Club is doing precisely what

you''ve always wanted ! Far from being " bland and unconnected to the City and wider area " these new supporters are the very ones who will replace us. True, a minority won''t live '' locally '' - whatever that means in these days of quick easy transport - but they''re still likely to become passionate City fans.Which surely we all want ?

The Season Ticket Waiting List is basicly for everyone who didn''t want one when we we''re only in League 1, and are now jumping on the bandwagon.

I know at least 4 people who are on the list so they can see ''their team and some other big teams''.

--------

That was my original post.

Surely the original idea of even having a waiting list came about from people who didn''t previously want one?

Yeah, there are some circumstances that I''ve read in this thread which I accept entirely and can understand, but surely the bulk of the waiting list is made up of fans who only just thought of the idea of getting one because we''ve been promoted?

If you could buy one in march then surely it stands to reason that fans who only want to see big teams are now wanting to go, thus making it more likely that those who want tickets who actually support the club (eg uni boys in this thread) miss out?

The biggest shame about all of this is that we don''t have a big enough stadium to fit everybody in! If we could accommodate everybody that wants a season ticket + casuals on the day what do people reckon our attendance could reach? 30,000? Perhaps with the neutral ''plastic'' fans who would come we could get 35,000 for the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal?We should be thankful we are not Wigan average attendance of 16,522 which is 65% of their capacity.In fact Everton, West Ham, West Brom, Villa, Birmingham, Sunderland, Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan all fill less than 90% of their grounds. It may be a problem, but its a nice problem to have!

[quote user="barclaybabe"]and thats exactrly why i renewed why went into league 1!!! gutted for the fans on the waiting list!!![/quote]

I have it on very good Authority, there will be a big screen at the back of the Jarrold next season to cater for extra fans to see the match. 

[quote]The Season Ticket Waiting List is basicly for everyone who didn''t want one when we we''re only in League 1, and are now jumping on the bandwagon.

I know at least 4 people who are on the list so they can see ''their team and some other big teams''.[/quote]Or possibly not. I have supported Norwich as a ''casual'' supporter since 1965 but only bought my first season ticket at the start of our league1 campaign. I renewed this season but have not renewed for next year. Reason? I know that I will miss some games ( I missed 6 home games this year). I could have kept the ticket and lent it to someone if I couldn''t go,just to guarantee a seat but decided to give it up and take out super membership instead. So when you see me arrive with my ''casual ticket'' just remember that we are not all ''jumping on the bandwagon''.

Because of our location there will always be ''foreign supporters'' wanting to watch us in the Prem. I sat next to 2 Arsenal fans and season ticket holders last time we were in the Prem, never seen them since!!!

Its a no brainer because London or Birmingham or Manchester is so far away its easier for them to come and watch us! Sadly their money is worth the same as ours!

What''s wrong with support from outside the City?

I''m London-based and have been a loyal supporter since the 80''s. I get to as many home games as I can (11 this season) and all of the London games we play. I even try and sit in the same section in the Jarrold each time I go (hoping I can get my season ticket for the same area if/when one is available!)

To say travelling fans are ''foreign'' is a bit harsh, I was at Charlton the day we went down and had no intention of jumping ship to one of the so-called ''Big London Clubs''. In fact my local team is Millwall and the only time i''ve EVER been to the ground was in the visiting stand watch Norwich play.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]All the usual suspects lining up to defend their ''I''m alright Jack'' mentality I see.

I simply refer to my ''quality rather than quantity'' viewpoint. It seems acceptable to many that those who are unable or willing to pay out for a season ticket should be excluded from getting to games. With so many seats taken by the well heeled brats bankrolled by mummy and daddy it leaves little room for the ordinary grassroot irregular supporter and so in time the local support disappears and the crowd becomes bland and unconnected to the City and wider area.

With so many in attendance now who cannot stand on their own two feet it looks like seating is the only answer... otherwise you''d all fall over.

[/quote]

Either you or I have lost the plot here, Cluck....

Is a '' quality '' supporter one who is quite happy to turn up and pay his/her 40-odd quid when the '' big '' teams roll into Carrow Rd next term, but, should we be relegated soon make his/her excuses and disappear over the horizon in 2012/13? If that''s the case then presumably a '' quantity '' supporter must be one who''s been religiously shelling out several hundred pounds every year - in advance - since our last relegation to '' enjoy '', which until the last two successful seasons, has been pretty much unmitigated dross ? As a businessman yourself you wouldn''t believe your luck if you were in any business, entertainment or otherwise, and your customers paid you for nine months worth of goods up-front and possibly didn''t come back later to make use of them. I know which one I think is '' quality '' ..........

Setting aside the obvious attraction to everyone of wanting watching the top Premiership teams in action at Carrow Rd it is sad that most people won''t even be able to buy a spur-of-the-moment ticket to watch lesser lights. But you can''t get a quart into a pint pot which surely pays testament to the good, mainly Norfolk folk - of which you''re so fond - who''ve filled the stadium so regularly over recent years ?

You say that many seats are being taken by " well heeled brats bankrolled by mummy and daddy ". I presume by that you mean mainly children and/or those a lot younger than us two. Is this the same Cluck who not so long ago was always trumpeting the benefits of getting '' young blood '' interested in the Canaries as they are the future life-blood of NCFC ? Personally I think child season ticket prices in particular are a little too cheap, but, in offering discounts to youngsters the Club is doing precisely what you''ve always wanted ! Far from being " bland and unconnected to the City and wider area " these new supporters are the very ones who will replace us. True, a minority won''t live '' locally '' - whatever that means in these days of quick easy transport - but they''re still likely to become passionate City fans.

Which surely we all want ?

[/quote]

I think we know the answer to that (it''s not you)

"It is inevitable that more city fans will try and get season tickets when we are in the Premier League".It is inevitable, but they will have to pay more for their tickets than existing Season ticket holders who renewed prior to last Monday, the day we got promoted.The club put prices up last Friday so the price structure originally issued at the end of last year now appears obsolete. I had a quick look at my area in the Jarrold stand & the cost has gone up by around 11/12%. The club don''t seem to have made this very public yet unless i''ve been looking in the wrong place.

From my experience you can''t help when you get hooked to Carrow Road. I started coming to the odd game when funds and time would allow, then my sons joined me and they too got the City bug and wanted to go more regulary. The cheapest and most convienient way was to buy season tickets for us, but there was a waiting list, we joined it, got our tickets and through good times and bad have stayed every since, And as we were singing Saturday " We were here when we were SH*T!"

heJarrold wrote the following post at 09/05/2011 10:03 PM:

What''s wrong with support from outside the City?

I''m London-based and have been a loyal supporter since the 80''s. I get to as many home games as I can (11 this season) and all of the London games we play. I even try and sit in the same section in the Jarrold each time I go (hoping I can get my season ticket for the same area if/when one is available!)

To say travelling fans are ''foreign'' is a bit harsh, I was at Charlton the day we went down and had no intention of jumping ship to one of the so-called ''Big London Clubs''. In fact my local team is Millwall and the only time i''ve EVER been to the ground was in the visiting stand watch Norwich play....... The problem with this because u obviously can''t read is THAT THERE''S CITY FANS WHO CAN''T GET TICKETS U DUMB A55

The main reason is that casual tickets will be in short supply. There will be glory hunters for the big games and the away allocation will be larger. It''ll be even harder to pick up tickets on an ad hoc basis. I gave up my season ticket when I got a job involving working on a Saturday a few years back and as its in London it is very hard for me to get to Carrow Road now. Would I consider a ST? Probably yes if it guaranteed me a seat on the few occasions I can make it, and then I''d share it with friends and family for other matches. Its a real conundrum for someone like me, I have had to rely on casually buying which has still been tricky at times but now I fear I won''t get much chance to go at all. Theres always Sky I suppose but it doesn''t replicate actually being there. I''ve been at pretty much all the big games since my first visit in 1974 but away matches on a wet Tuesday have been my recent diet.

I''m sure all season ticket holders like myself will shortly be very popular with so called MAN U fans etc who think we may be able to help with a ticket!

I don''t think there will be any casual tickets at all for many of next season''s games. It''s been hard enough towards the end of this season for anyone without a membership to get anything. Stadium capacity increase will of course help.

[quote user="Things are looking up "]From my experience you can''t help when you get hooked to Carrow Road. I started coming to the odd game when funds and time would allow, then my sons joined me and they too got the City bug and wanted to go more regulary. The cheapest and most convienient way was to buy season tickets for us, but there was a waiting list, we joined it, got our tickets and through good times and bad have stayed every since, And as we were singing Saturday " We were here when we were SH*T!"[/quote]Spot on, Things are looking up.......This is precisely what I was trying to get across to our dear friend Cluck. Ask any supporter of any football team and most will tell you that it all started with the odd visit which somehow snowballed into a full-blown addiction. Perhaps we should call it legalised drug dealing ( lol ).In Cluck''s opinion it''s people like you and your " well heeled brat " sons ( '' quantity '' supporters ), and seat-blockers to boot,  who stop genuine fans ( '' quality '' supporters )  from turning up on a whim once in a blue moon and breezing in when and where they like.I think you singing , " We were here when we were **** " last Saturday pretty much demolishes that argument, don''t you ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Things are looking up "]From my experience you can''t help when you get hooked to Carrow Road. I started coming to the odd game when funds and time would allow, then my sons joined me and they too got the City bug and wanted to go more regulary. The cheapest and most convienient way was to buy season tickets for us, but there was a waiting list, we joined it, got our tickets and through good times and bad have stayed every since, And as we were singing Saturday " We were here when we were SH*T!"[/quote]Spot on, Things are looking up.......This is precisely what I was trying to get across to our dear friend Cluck. Ask any supporter of any football team and most will tell you that it all started with the odd visit which somehow snowballed into a full-blown addiction. Perhaps we should call it legalised drug dealing ( lol ).In Cluck''s opinion it''s people like you and your " well heeled brat " sons ( '' quantity '' supporters ), and seat-blockers to boot,  who stop genuine fans ( '' quality '' supporters )  from turning up on a whim once in a blue moon and breezing in when and where they like.I think you singing , " We were here when we were **** " last Saturday pretty much demolishes that argument, don''t you ?[/quote]You just don''t get it do you?Exactly how many people will be able to make that ''odd visit'' with the ground stacked out with ST holders? Sounds like stagnation to me.Not everybody has the time or ability to make more than the ''odd visit'' to CR... and as things stand they are basically unwanted by the club or those with their cosy little pre-booked seat. So what happened to the community club Norwich City once were... even at their peak in the early 90s?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Things are looking up "]From my experience you can''t help when you get hooked to Carrow Road. I started coming to the odd game when funds and time would allow, then my sons joined me and they too got the City bug and wanted to go more regulary. The cheapest and most convienient way was to buy season tickets for us, but there was a waiting list, we joined it, got our tickets and through good times and bad have stayed every since, And as we were singing Saturday " We were here when we were SH*T!"[/quote]Spot on, Things are looking up.......This is precisely what I was trying to get across to our dear friend Cluck. Ask any supporter of any football team and most will tell you that it all started with the odd visit which somehow snowballed into a full-blown addiction. Perhaps we should call it legalised drug dealing ( lol ).In Cluck''s opinion it''s people like you and your " well heeled brat " sons ( '' quantity '' supporters ), and seat-blockers to boot,  who stop genuine fans ( '' quality '' supporters )  from turning up on a whim once in a blue moon and breezing in when and where they like.I think you singing , " We were here when we were **** " last Saturday pretty much demolishes that argument, don''t you ?[/quote]You just don''t get it do you?Exactly how many people will be able to make that ''odd visit'' with the ground stacked out with ST holders? Sounds like stagnation to me.Not everybody has the time or ability to make more than the ''odd visit'' to CR... and as things stand they are basically unwanted by the club or those with their cosy little pre-booked seat. So what happened to the community club Norwich City once were... even at their peak in the early 90s?[/quote]One of us doesn''t that''s for sure, Cluck.A stadium packed with season ticket holders, especially young ones, must be a dream for every club in the land. Get ''em hooked early and they''ll be your '' prisoner '' for life and they''ll be much more likely to return '' ad hoc '' later on should they not be able to renew their season ticket in later years.You mention how NCFC were a '' community club '' at their peak in the early ''90''s. I can''t dispute that we played superb football in the late ''80''s/early ''90''s, a standard of football possibly never to be repeated. I also can''t dispute that this wonderful playing period was overseen by your hero, that great dictator, Bob Chase. For whatever reason - and, to be fair, this was something outside Big Bob''s control - attendances at Carrow Rd averaged around only 14,000. Far, far, easier to offer thousands of '' ad hoc'' match tickets when there''s thousands of unfilled seats, isn''t it ? I''ll bet my bottom dollar that had Mr Chase had the delightful attendance '' problem '' you say we have today he too would have targeted season ticket sales as the priority and said, "Sorry but hard cheese ", to anyone with nothing better to do but hoping to just wander in off the street at 3 o''clock on a Saturday afternoon.......

There will always be NEW supporters,either by being impressed by a game,or just reaching the age that they can now afford a season ticket...

So even though im in my 6th year as a ST holder,i would welcome new fans and ones who now can afford to be regulars!

Oh and a post i made last year concerning a few work mates who were thinking of getting ST`s sitting together pref the barclay,couldnt find seats in same row,so a couple bought new ones and the rest carried on just attending odd games...

My views as a STH ,

I have held one since 2000, my love for this club started in the late 1970’s when I was lucky enough to have been taken to my 1st game by my father. In those days and through the 80’s and even early 90’s  it was not necessary to buy one as you could pretty much guarantee that you could pay and watch on any match day, with the only stipulation being that big name games or derby’s would require a very early arrival and queuing to ensure that you got in.

Times changed and as my family grew older and were less of a financial drain I was fortunate to be able to afford one.

Although I have sympathy for those casual fans that cannot make the commitment due to finances, geography or even ill heath I do not understand why I should be deemed anything other than a fanatical supporter of this club. Next season I will  have the deepest sympathy for those that will find it difficult to attend due to limited availably of casual tickets, but I feel no guilt in knowing that my seat is guaranteed not only for premiership games having been  through some of the clubs deepest darkest times.

I was offered £100 and then £200 for my ticket at Riverside on Saturday,  Â£200 !!!!! half of this year season ticket cost, now I am sure that that individual had probably attended a number of games this season , and with that in mind would he had not have been better of buying one at the start of the season ?. That is why I have little or no sympathy unless they fall into the categories listed above !

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Things are looking up "]From my experience you can''t help when you get hooked to Carrow Road. I started coming to the odd game when funds and time would allow, then my sons joined me and they too got the City bug and wanted to go more regulary. The cheapest and most convienient way was to buy season tickets for us, but there was a waiting list, we joined it, got our tickets and through good times and bad have stayed every since, And as we were singing Saturday " We were here when we were SH*T!"[/quote]Spot on, Things are looking up.......This is precisely what I was trying to get across to our dear friend Cluck. Ask any supporter of any football team and most will tell you that it all started with the odd visit which somehow snowballed into a full-blown addiction. Perhaps we should call it legalised drug dealing ( lol ).In Cluck''s opinion it''s people like you and your " well heeled brat " sons ( '' quantity '' supporters ), and seat-blockers to boot,  who stop genuine fans ( '' quality '' supporters )  from turning up on a whim once in a blue moon and breezing in when and where they like.I think you singing , " We were here when we were **** " last Saturday pretty much demolishes that argument, don''t you ?[/quote]You just don''t get it do you?Exactly how many people will be able to make that ''odd visit'' with the ground stacked out with ST holders? Sounds like stagnation to me.Not everybody has the time or ability to make more than the ''odd visit'' to CR... and as things stand they are basically unwanted by the club or those with their cosy little pre-booked seat. So what happened to the community club Norwich City once were... even at their peak in the early 90s?[/quote]It''s you that doesn''t get it cluckberk, no one cares what you think.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

My views as a STH ,

I have held one since 2000, my love for this club started in the late 1970’s when I was lucky enough to have been taken to my 1st game by my father. In those days and through the 80’s and even early 90’s  it was not necessary to buy one as you could pretty much guarantee that you could pay and watch on any match day, with the only stipulation being that big name games or derby’s would require a very early arrival and queuing to ensure that you got in.

Times changed and as my family grew older and were less of a financial drain I was fortunate to be able to afford one.

Although I have sympathy for those casual fans that cannot make the commitment due to finances, geography or even ill heath I do not understand why I should be deemed anything other than a fanatical supporter of this club. Next season I will  have the deepest sympathy for those that will find it difficult to attend due to limited availably of casual tickets, but I feel no guilt in knowing that my seat is guaranteed not only for premiership games having been  through some of the clubs deepest darkest times.

I was offered £100 and then £200 for my ticket at Riverside on Saturday,  Â£200 !!!!! half of this year season ticket cost, now I am sure that that individual had probably attended a number of games this season , and with that in mind would he had not have been better of buying one at the start of the season ?. That is why I have little or no sympathy unless they fall into the categories listed above !

[/quote]WHAT! I was on a training course on Saturday and so gave mine away to my brother!! Obviously selling it would have been vulgar and no gentleman would do such a thing.... yes, that''s what i''ll say if anyone asks....no really... {punches self in head}

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

My views as a STH ,

[/quote]WHAT! I was on a training course on Saturday and so gave mine away to my brother!! Obviously selling it would have been vulgar and no gentleman would do such a thing.... yes, that''s what i''ll say if anyone asks....no really... {punches self in head}

[/quote]Likewise, I was on a stag do so gave mine away to my girlfriends brother-in-law.  Would have been there if there was anything to play for, but having been at Pompey decided a weekend in Bristol was the correct thing to do.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Things are looking up "]From my experience you can''t help when you get hooked to Carrow Road. I started coming to the odd game when funds and time would allow, then my sons joined me and they too got the City bug and wanted to go more regulary. The cheapest and most convienient way was to buy season tickets for us, but there was a waiting list, we joined it, got our tickets and through good times and bad have stayed every since, And as we were singing Saturday " We were here when we were SH*T!"[/quote]

Spot on, Things are looking up.......

This is precisely what I was trying to get across to our dear friend Cluck. Ask any supporter of any football team and most will tell you that it all started with the odd visit which somehow snowballed into a full-blown addiction. Perhaps we should call it legalised drug dealing ( lol ).

In Cluck''s opinion it''s people like you and your " well heeled brat " sons ( '' quantity '' supporters ), and seat-blockers to boot,  who stop genuine fans ( '' quality '' supporters )  from turning up on a whim once in a blue moon and breezing in when and where they like.

I think you singing , " We were here when we were **** " last Saturday pretty much demolishes that argument, don''t you ?
[/quote]

You just don''t get it do you?

Exactly how many people will be able to make that ''odd visit'' with the ground stacked out with ST holders? Sounds like stagnation to me.

Not everybody has the time or ability to make more than the ''odd visit'' to CR... and as things stand they are basically unwanted by the club or those with their cosy little pre-booked seat. So what happened to the community club Norwich City once were... even at their peak in the early 90s?
[/quote]

I would say that the community club is thriving beyond all reasonable expectations and has closer links with the community that it ever had.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Things are looking up "]From my experience you can''t help when you get hooked to Carrow Road. I started coming to the odd game when funds and time would allow, then my sons joined me and they too got the City bug and wanted to go more regulary. The cheapest and most convienient way was to buy season tickets for us, but there was a waiting list, we joined it, got our tickets and through good times and bad have stayed every since, And as we were singing Saturday " We were here when we were SH*T!"[/quote]

Spot on, Things are looking up.......

This is precisely what I was trying to get across to our dear friend Cluck. Ask any supporter of any football team and most will tell you that it all started with the odd visit which somehow snowballed into a full-blown addiction. Perhaps we should call it legalised drug dealing ( lol ).

In Cluck''s opinion it''s people like you and your " well heeled brat " sons ( '' quantity '' supporters ), and seat-blockers to boot,  who stop genuine fans ( '' quality '' supporters )  from turning up on a whim once in a blue moon and breezing in when and where they like.

I think you singing , " We were here when we were **** " last Saturday pretty much demolishes that argument, don''t you ?
[/quote]

You just don''t get it do you?

Exactly how many people will be able to make that ''odd visit'' with the ground stacked out with ST holders? Sounds like stagnation to me.

Not everybody has the time or ability to make more than the ''odd visit'' to CR... and as things stand they are basically unwanted by the club or those with their cosy little pre-booked seat. So what happened to the community club Norwich City once were... even at their peak in the early 90s?
[/quote]

I would say that the community club is thriving beyond all reasonable expectations and has closer links with the community that it ever had.

[/quote]

And am I sorry that there are not hundreds of seats available for you to pick from should you decide to turn up on a whim one Saturday afternoon? Difficult one that! Probably not.

"Not everybody has the time or ability to make more than the ''odd visit'' to CR" - well, if someone can''t make the "time" for a commitment to support Norwich, my heart isn''t going to bleed for them if they can''t get a ticket when the fancy takes them.

I know not everyone can afford a season ticket, but those of us who have put their money up front through the lean times deserve to reap the reward now we''re back with the "big boys".