Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The Season Ticket Waiting List

That plastic fans thing is way off and pretty out of order! My dad has a season ticket however as im at Uni in lincoln its pointless for to have had one for the last 3 seasons. I try to make as many games as possible when im back home and go to the away games within train journey or lincoln, for the rest im glued to the pinkun updater or bbc website for 90 minutes every saturday and celebrating as if im there to every goal (much to the amusment of my flatmates). Now im finishing Uni this summer and will be moving back to Norwich, but I guess i have no right at all to want to have a season ticket as im obviously a plastic fan who only cares about going to the big games..... Some people need to get a grip, I feel embaresed that when im sat at Carrow Road there are people like bannana who actually think this somewhere in the stadium as well. Not everyone can afford or justify a season ticket for every season of their life and to think that you need to have had a season ticket for the last 10 years to make you a proper fan is just utter rubbish. In fact I challenge anyone like banana who thinks this to give 3 seasons away from Norwich anxiously glued to a computer screen ago if they want to know what being a real fan is before they start slating others.

Totally agree with you Birchfest as I''m in a similar situation, and was thinking of applying to the waiting list. Watch your mouth ''nana, I''ve been around much longer than you, and a supporter for longer than you!

I got my season ticket in Feb/March, first time I have been able to afford one off my own back, I guess that makes me plastic considering we were sitting around the top two places at the time?

[Paul Cluckbert "]Season ticket snobbery is a recent phenomenon and is the result of both the cynical NCFC hype and a dumbing down of what a ''real fan'' of the club actually is. For the traditional ST holder it''s just business as usual... but for the Delia Smith era newcomers it''s become a ''look at me'' status issue.I''m looking forward to the establishment of the new Norwich City Supporters Club where I hope casual fans and those who cannot make it to Carrow Road for whatever reason will be able to consider themselves an ''equal'' at gatherings. For every ST holder there are a hundred enthusiastic City fans who either cannot travel/can''t afford/have disabilities etc.etc. What a sad day it is when paying a few quid out can make some folk see themselves as superior. Let''s hope the NCSC becomes an alternative to what has become a ''select'' entertainment at CR, so fans far and wide can get together and discuss the club without this ''holier than thou'' bollox of "were you at the game"?I am a Beatles ''fan'' although I never actually saw them play. Clearly that makes me unworthy to call myself a ''proper fan'' then.

You should be on the stage Cluckbert, cause your much more humourous than most of the so called comedians on our screens!

Everyone knows that reasons like finance, career, family, health ETC are why many fans who''d like to go are restricted!

Unfortunately in this modern world if you want to do something you have to pay for the privilege and in our not so Great Country, often a price far in excess of what other Countries prices are!

Now by your calculations we have 100 fans not going to games to every single season ticket holder!

This works out as = 21,000 X 100 = 2,100000.

This is not including the 3000 average casual fans per home game!

This comes to the grand figure of 2,103,000 fans!

Or spoken - two million, one hundred and three thousand fans!

Uck me!

We don''t need an 8000 capacity increase, we need to buy the Norfolk showground and build the worlds biggest stadium in order to accomodate all our 2 million plus fans!

You have surpassed yourself this time Cluckbert!

Like I said before this person (Cluckbert) is best ignored if you want a serious debate or if your feeling down and need a bit of humour, someone to have a laugh at!!!

If we''re increasing the capacity to 2 million I reckon Morrisons are going to need a new car park monitor!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Season ticket snobbery is a recent phenomenon and is the result of both the cynical NCFC hype and a dumbing down of what a ''real fan'' of the club actually is. For the traditional ST holder it''s just business as usual... but for the Delia Smith era newcomers it''s become a ''look at me'' status issue.

I''m looking forward to the establishment of the new Norwich City Supporters Club where I hope casual fans and those who cannot make it to Carrow Road for whatever reason will be able to consider themselves an ''equal'' at gatherings. For every ST holder there are a hundred enthusiastic City fans who either cannot travel/can''t afford/have disabilities etc.etc. What a sad day it is when paying a few quid out can make some folk see themselves as superior.

Let''s hope the NCSC becomes an alternative to what has become a ''select'' entertainment at CR, so fans far and wide can get together and discuss the club without this ''holier than thou'' bollox of "were you at the game"?

I am a Beatles ''fan'' although I never actually saw them play. Clearly that makes me unworthy to call myself a ''proper fan'' then?

[/quote]

You keep talking about them but could you give your definition of a "real fan". I assume you feel that it is someone like you.

Sorry I got my figures wrong!

As well as the 2,103,000 fans I mentioned before I forgot to include the 21,000 season ticket holders so that now comes to a grand total of 2,124,000 Norwich fan that we need to big a huge mega stadium for!

Well, the Canary mega Colisiem built on the site of the current Norfolk showground is needed ASAP!

God I used to think Smudger on here was a rum''un but compared to Cluckbert he seems a perfectly reasonable guy!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Bloody waiting list.... More like a closed door to any new youngsters trying to get to see their local club.

Elitist bilge ignoring the grassroot support in favour of Delia''s well heeled luvvies.
[/quote]

With a compact ground like Carrow Rd it''s always going to be a problem squeezing everyone in whichever way you play it, isn''t it Cluck ? If and until NCFC becomes an established Premiership outfit expansion of the stadium is a huge risk.

Season ticket holders are the grassroot support of any club. They''ve paid up-front for a whole season for the value-for- money convenience this brings. It also ensures that NCFC receives a guaranteed income and saves everyone, both supporters and club, a considerable amount of time, money and effort over that needed in selling tickets on a casual basis.

It''s sad for those with genuine reasons in being willing but unable to attend on a regular basis but it''s '' Delia''s well heeled luvvies '' - as you put it - who are the ones who''ll have to pay much higher prices when they all come sliding out of the woodwork for the '' glory '' visits of the Man Utds., Chelseas and Arsenals of this world next season ( and hopefully beyond....)
[/quote]

Spot on Smiffy. Interesting how he''s not bothered with a reply. Thats because a spitful nasty answer doesn''t look good alongside a well reasoned argument.

All the usual suspects lining up to defend their ''I''m alright Jack'' mentality I see.I simply refer to my ''quality rather than quantity'' viewpoint. It seems acceptable to many that those who are unable or willing to pay out for a season ticket should be excluded from getting to games. With so many seats taken by the well heeled brats bankrolled by mummy and daddy it leaves little room for the ordinary grassroot irregular supporter and so in time the local support disappears and the crowd becomes bland and unconnected to the City and wider area.With so many in attendance now who cannot stand on their own two feet it looks like seating is the only answer... otherwise you''d all fall over.

wow Cluckf4ck you''re so out of touch with reality it''s amazing.

Some people who were able to pay for a ST missed out because we sold out very quickly, quicker than they''d anticipated. Some people have more money than others, that is the same the world over. Some people choose to prioritise their season ticket cost over other things - some can''t do that or choose to spend their money elsewhere. Some "casuals" are willing to pay well over the odds to ensure they get to at least some of the home games next season. Some don''t think it''s worth paying for a ST unless they can make the majority or all of the games, even some of the die-hard fans. When all is said and done, the whole point of the game is about winning and when you win, more people want to come and watch. Success breeds success. Nothing to do with elitism, it''s the same at every top club. It may upset those who feel their club no longer belongs to them, but it''s just part of a very long continuum and in 20 years, another group of supporters will be saying the same thing..

Clucktwerp just wants you to feel guilty if you buy a season ticket. Why? Because you allow the club to begin budgeting at the earliest possible date, because you supply a consistent funding stream? No.

Season Ticket holders don''t claim to be any better fans then anyone else do they?

He wants you to feel bad because he''s a sh1t who doesn''t put his money where his mouth is in any form.

What''s he going to do next? Stamp his feet and scweam? Probably. Because he''s made himself look ridiculous and is the biggest joke on this forum.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Clucktwerp just wants you to feel guilty if you buy a season ticket. Why? Because you allow the club to begin budgeting at the earliest possible date, because you supply a consistent funding stream? No. Season Ticket holders don''t claim to be any better fans then anyone else do they? He wants you to feel bad because he''s a sh1t who doesn''t put his money where his mouth is in any form. What''s he going to do next? Stamp his feet and scweam? Probably. Because he''s made himself look ridiculous and is the biggest joke on this forum.[/quote]

Without doubt. He has surpassed CDM by some distance and left poor old Smudger looking almost normal. Fantastic achievements. 

In defence for Nana I think the point he was trying to make is that many more people will be wanting season tickets next year now that we are in the Premier League so they can see the big teams. There are exceptions though like some of you have made, where people are coming back from uni or are just moving back to Norwich. There will be more demand for season tickets next season as we are in the Prem and some supporters will only want to go to games as we''re playing against a higher level. But to say that everyone who is on the season ticket waiting list are glory hunters/plastic fans is harsh.

[quote user="Ben "]In defence for Nana I think the point he was trying to make is that many more people will be wanting season tickets next year now that we are in the Premier League so they can see the big teams. There are exceptions though like some of you have made, where people are coming back from uni or are just moving back to Norwich. There will be more demand for season tickets next season as we are in the Prem and some supporters will only want to go to games as we''re playing against a higher level. But to say that everyone who is on the season ticket waiting list are glory hunters/plastic fans is harsh.[/quote]

I am an ST holder living in Berkshire, I have been amazed by the amound of work colleagues and friends who suddenly want to come with me to the football, none of them support Norwich but they see it as a chance to see Premier League Football at a very cheap price....

[quote user="Hog"]

[quote user="Ben "]In defence for Nana I think the point he was trying to make is that many more people will be wanting season tickets next year now that we are in the Premier League so they can see the big teams. There are exceptions though like some of you have made, where people are coming back from uni or are just moving back to Norwich. There will be more demand for season tickets next season as we are in the Prem and some supporters will only want to go to games as we''re playing against a higher level. But to say that everyone who is on the season ticket waiting list are glory hunters/plastic fans is harsh.[/quote]

I am an ST holder living in Berkshire, I have been amazed by the amound of work colleagues and friends who suddenly want to come with me to the football, none of them support Norwich but they see it as a chance to see Premier League Football at a very cheap price....

[/quote]

Yeah exactly! haha. I''m going to be going uni next year and my dad has already got about 3 offers from people wanting to use my season ticket ..

I had a season ticket throughout the 2nd half of the 90''s when we were rubbish and traveled to over 20 away games the last 3 seasons. If I decide to now try and get a season ticket again, am I jumping on the bandwagon? Because that seems to be what some are suggesting. I hate the ''Iv''e got a season ticket so am a better supporter than you'' attitude some people have! It is inevitable that more city fans will try and get season tickets when we are in the Premier League.

"I hate the ''Iv''e got a season ticket so am a better supporter than you'' attitude some people have! "

And where have you seen or heard that then?

All I''ve seen on here is some saddo who doesn''t buy any sort of ticket hating anyone who buys anything.

Let''s get it straight, the season tickets were sold out by March they were renewed and bought by people who could get themselves organised and thought a bit into the future. Of course some people through personal circumstance couldn''t do that but don''t take it out on those who could.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]"I hate the ''Iv''e got a season ticket so am a better supporter than you'' attitude some people have! "

And where have you seen or heard that then?

All I''ve seen on here is some saddo who doesn''t buy any sort of ticket hating anyone who buys anything.

Let''s get it straight, the season tickets were sold out by March they were renewed and bought by people who could get themselves organised and thought a bit into the future. Of course some people through personal circumstance couldn''t do that but don''t take it out on those who could.[/quote]"The Season Ticket Waiting List is basicly for everyone who didn''t want one when we we''re only in League 1, and are now jumping on the bandwagon."That was specifically the post I was referring to:There are certain people on these message boards and certain others I have come across in the real world away from pink un message board who seem to have a feeling of superiority over us semi-fans who don''t have membership to their exclusive club. Note I am not talking about all season ticket holders, just a noisy minority.When I had my season tickets in the late 90s we sometimes only got

14,000 where have the rest of our current season ticket holders come

from? They showed up when we started doing well under Worthington!

Credit to them they stuck around through the bad times as well, but its the same situation now, so what if loads of people suddenly want season tickets, as long as they stick around too then all I see is a win/win situation. We just need that extra capacity and we can hopefully get 30,000+ I do think though that the Season ticket allocation should have been

capped at a far lower number to allow for more casual fans, and if and

when we increase capacity I would like to see 90% of that increase

reserved for casual supporters. luck to those of you who have season tickets for next year, its going to be amazing and I am very envious. As a distant exile I will have to content myself with half a dozen or so away games.

"The Season Ticket Waiting List is basicly for everyone who didn''t want one when we we''re only in League 1, and are now jumping on the bandwagon."

However erroneous that statement may be and even so I am sure that a percentage of people applying for season tickets now may not have been our supporters historically (those who went week in week out to games), I am still struggling to see where it says in that quote that "I am a season ticket holder and I am better than yow"!

Even if anyone said it why would you waste time on it?

With regards to the difference in attendances from the mid 1990''s to the last 8 or so years, II saw a good quote in the EDP today.

From Tom Clark -

"My first game was in the 1999-2000 season again Grimsby, and I sat in the City Stand with my grandparents when it was kids-for-a-quid, and have had the bug ever since"

We are now reaping the rewards of policies like kids-for-a-quid at a time when we need such initiatives to fill Carrow Road.

If the season ticket number was capped at a lower level to allow more casual tickets, as has been mentioned all you would get is eople moaning that the casual tickets are too expensive.

The club is a buisness and casual tickets for next season should be in line with other clubs in the prem and that will mean that the prices will range from £35 (wigan, bolton, stokes etc) to £50+ (Man U, Le Arse, Chelski etc)

Can''t win both ways, bitch if you aint got a season ticket, bitch that casual tickets are too expensive.

At the end of the day I don''t me and the kids have had season tickets for 5 years now and have renewed on the first day each time.

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]"The Season Ticket Waiting List is basicly for everyone who didn''t want one when we we''re only in League 1, and are now jumping on the bandwagon."

However erroneous that statement may be and even so I am sure that a percentage of people applying for season tickets now may not have been our supporters historically (those who went week in week out to games), I am still struggling to see where it says in that quote that "I am a season ticket holder and I am better than yow"!

Even if anyone said it why would you waste time on it?[/quote]Its the implication that the only reason that anybody would be on the season ticket waiting list is that they are glory hunters. There are many other reasons people are on the waiting list: Some people live away for 3 years for university, others move away for work and then return later, others still struggle to afford it at certain points in their life, but may now wish to return finding themselves on a sounder financial footing and finally perhaps some were content with being a casual fan or away fan and now we are up would like to see the lot. These people are all proper fans too. The poster implies that the only real fans are those that already had season tickets as to be applying for one now means you are on the waiting list and thus a glory hunter?Waste time on it? I posted an opinion on a message board, hardly my life''s work.

In any case whatever you feel anything can imply the poster is in the minority and if you want to be offended by it you will. A vast number of people seem to make it their "life''s work" being offended by something someone said as often as possible.

Me, I''m incredibly smug, we bought STs for the first time in years after not being able to afford it because we want to see every home game and don''t want to take the chance of missing out. We guessed this might happen and stretched ourselves in January. Do we feel better fans? No. We''re just glad that we won''t miss out.

Bitch, don''t bitch. Won''t change anything.

Never mind our own fans joining the waiting list, what about this...my boyfriend''s work colleague was supposed be an Ipswich supporter, however after we gained promotion last Monday night, he rang up our ticket office and put his name down on the waiting list for a Season Ticket! Disgusting!

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]In any case whatever you feel anything can imply the poster is in the minority and if you want to be offended by it you will. A vast number of people seem to make it their "life''s work" being offended by something someone said as often as possible.

Me, I''m incredibly smug, we bought STs for the first time in years after not being able to afford it because we want to see every home game and don''t want to take the chance of missing out. We guessed this might happen and stretched ourselves in January. Do we feel better fans? No. We''re just glad that we won''t miss out.

Bitch, don''t bitch. Won''t change anything.[/quote]Fair enough. Hope you have a great time at Carrow Road next season!!!

For what its worth my opinion is this

Whilst Cluck is usually out of touch with reality I do have to admit some empathy for the old f@rt here.  Im pretty much in the same boat as In Dubious Battle – my season ticket was in the late 90s and I ended it when kids came along.  

There are CERTAIN people on here – not all – that seem to think that they are a better class of fan because they ‘put their hard earned cash into the club’.  Yes you do, but so does the OAP that can only really afford to go to one game a season – or the family that need to buy several tickets and can only afford to go a couple of times a year

Just highlighting my own situation here.  Im a supermember – OK, that does give me an edge (increasingly small edge!) over the casuals.  In an ideal world Id buy a ST – but that leaves me with a conundrum.  If I go, Mrs BH wants to go too.  Ive got a 12 year old daughter and a 4 year old son that would also like to go.  And then theres the issue of our 1 year old – do we take her or not, and if not who do we get to babysit.  If we all had STs then it becomes horrendously expensive and to be honest above our budget – the current option is none of us have STs as to exclude any of the others wouldn’t be fair.  It’s one of those things in life you sacrifice at times – and whilst its great to see capacity grounds a teensy part of me also wishes tickets were easier to purchase.  My main hope is that if we do establish in the Prem and expand in 3 / 4 years, that we’ll get season tickets then finances permitting (the 1 year old may or may not want to go and my 12 year old will probably prefer to be out with her mates)

The other point to note is that not all ST holders are actually Norwich fans – there was a guy in the club shop the other day that was a ST holder whilst admitting to the girl behind the counter that he was actually ‘really’ a Spurs fan – but since he moved to the area it was the cheapest way of watching regular football.  Its people like that that probably cause the majority of the bad feeling