Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The Season Ticket Waiting List

Well, we bought right at the end of January, Gingerpele, and I kept having a look at the online ticketing over the next few weeks (just out of interest) just to see how the ones around us were selling - they were still for sale to anyone during February. We have never had STs before and weren''t even super members at the time, as I mentioned in my previous post. I have checked with the club and we definitely have them - they will be sent to us in July, I''ve been told.

Bloody waiting list.... More like a closed door to any new youngsters trying to get to see their local club. Elitist bilge ignoring the grassroot support in favour of Delia''s well heeled luvvies.

But the waiting list has only been in place for a couple of months - and it didn''t just appear this week, after we gained promotion. It''s nothing to do with "elitism" IMO. It''s simply that the available seats (available to anyone until a short while ago) have now been sold. Can''t see your point really.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Or for someone who had a ST for 5 years untill 2 baby siblings arrived in the household meaning it was no longer feasible for me and my dad to travel from Notts to Norwich every other week. Now they have grown up a bit we were going to try and get a ST for next season whatever league we were in Nana and Captain Holt stop with your stupid presumptions and get a grip ffs.[/quote]well said...I had a season ticket every season for the 20 seasons and had to give it up last year when i bought a house.. Carlisle at Home was my last season ticketed game... despite having a super membership and making it to 11 games this season (which i count myself lucky) I''d give my left Knacker for a season ticket again...if i ever find myself in the position to be able to afford one i''ll have my name on that waiting list in a flash! and be we premiership or Blue Square south it would be worth the wait to see City every week again!I can see how some people are jumping on the band wagon... someone asked me the other day "when are season tickets on sale" when i asked him why didn''t he want one 2 years ago he couldn''t answer!

I think instead of saying the fans joining the waiting list for a season ticket are "plastic fans" etc, it should be seen as a good thing - simply, the more fans that watch games, the higher the demand and therefore the more money the club receives to clear its debt!Personally, I would have bought a season ticket in January but as i''m finishing uni I haven''t had any idea if i''d have a job and if i''d still be around here after July! Still hoping I will be around here, but got put on the waiting list just in case.The added demand is also probably because it starts to become more cost effective to buy a season ticket after a certain number of casual games. At £40 a game (next season price for the Jarrold IMO), if a fan saw 12 games this season and expected to see the same amount next year then it''d be worth them getting a season ticket for next season - cost/benefit!Hoping that I get a season ticket!

[quote user="UEAcanary"]I think instead of saying the fans joining the waiting list for a season ticket are "plastic fans" etc, it should be seen as a good thing - simply, the more fans that watch games, the higher the demand and therefore the more money the club receives to clear its debt!Personally, I would have bought a season ticket in January but as i''m finishing uni I haven''t had any idea if i''d have a job and if i''d still be around here after July! Still hoping I will be around here, but got put on the waiting list just in case.The added demand is also probably because it starts to become more cost effective to buy a season ticket after a certain number of casual games. At £40 a game (next season price for the Jarrold IMO), if a fan saw 12 games this season and expected to see the same amount next year then it''d be worth them getting a season ticket for next season - cost/benefit!Hoping that I get a season ticket![/quote]So am I right in thinking all the ST''s that haven''t been renewed after the deadline for whatever reason will be offered to the people highest up on the waiting list?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Excited Canary"]Or for someone who had a ST for 5 years untill 2 baby siblings arrived in the household meaning it was no longer feasible for me and my dad to travel from Notts to Norwich every other week. Now they have grown up a bit we were going to try and get a ST for next season whatever league we were in Nana and Captain Holt stop with your stupid presumptions and get a grip ffs.[/quote]well said...I had a season ticket every season for the 20 seasons and had to give it up last year when i bought a house.. Carlisle at Home was my last season ticketed game... despite having a super membership and making it to 11 games this season (which i count myself lucky) I''d give my left Knacker for a season ticket again...if i ever find myself in the position to be able to afford one i''ll have my name on that waiting list in a flash! and be we premiership or Blue Square south it would be worth the wait to see City every week again!I can see how some people are jumping on the band wagon... someone asked me the other day "when are season tickets on sale" when i asked him why didn''t he want one 2 years ago he couldn''t answer![/quote]I had a season ticket before I moved the other side of the country three years ago when I started Uni, but had to give it up as getting to every home game just wasn''t practical, due to having a part-time job and also travelling. I still come home for quite a few games, like yesterday foe example.I don''t have my name down for a season ticket next season when my degree finishes, because I have no idea where I will be living/working yet, but if I did, would that make me a plastic fan?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Bloody waiting list.... More like a closed door to any new youngsters trying to get to see their local club. Elitist bilge ignoring the grassroot support in favour of Delia''s well heeled luvvies.[/quote]If you want to see us as "Elite" thats up to you cluckberk, but then again compared to someone like you who doesn''t go to games, has no intention of going to games and just spends their time on here spouting thier bile yes we are all elite.

Another person on the waiting list due to the not knowing if they will be living sufficiently locally to go. I''m rather regretting waiting to have the money before trying to buy though, as by the looks of it, I''m quite high up (mid/late march).

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Bloody waiting list.... More like a closed door to any new youngsters trying to get to see their local club. Elitist bilge ignoring the grassroot support in favour of Delia''s well heeled luvvies.[/quote]If you want to see us as "Elite" thats up to you cluckberk, but then again compared to someone like you who doesn''t go to games, has no intention of going to games and just spends their time on here spouting thier bile yes we are all elite.[/quote]Errr... I said elitist.... By any stretch of the imagination a trivial little fatboy like you could never be considered as such.Delusions of grandeur by the sounds of it.

My Barclay Lower season tickets costs me £35.70 a month. I love the fact it''s cheaper than a Sky package with Sky Sports. So many people I know say they can''t afford a season ticket, yet have Sky Sports!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Bloody waiting list.... More like a closed door to any new youngsters trying to get to see their local club. Elitist bilge ignoring the grassroot support in favour of Delia''s well heeled luvvies.[/quote]If you want to see us as "Elite" thats up to you cluckberk, but then again compared to someone like you who doesn''t go to games, has no intention of going to games and just spends their time on here spouting thier bile yes we are all elite.[/quote]Errr... I said elitist.... By any stretch of the imagination a trivial little fatboy like you could never be considered as such.Delusions of grandeur by the sounds of it.[/quote]
First time I''ve been called a boy for a long time thanks for that.

I don''t have delusions of grandeur, I don''t class myself as better than any other fan that supports Norwich whether at Carrow Road, at away grounds, on the radio, on the Internet or reading it in the EDP, we all have different reasons for supporting the Club in our own way, it''s idiots like you that think they are better because you don''t go to games and slag of Delia, the Board etc

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day HatTrick"]Banana, why Spurs and not Chelsea?[/quote]Cos Spurs are a bigger club than Chelsea probably.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Banana, why Spurs and not Chelsea?[/quote]

cause I dont like chelsea [n] and I like spurs.[y]

[/quote]

Banana, I don''t what it''s like for other people but whenever you post it makes the whole thread go all widescreen and not everything fits on the width of my computer, any chance of you making it smaller? [:P}

I''m talking about your signature at the bottom by the way [:P]

I must be a glory hunting plastic fan as I''ve put my name down, oh no wait that''s cos I''m moving to norwich in 5weeks, so b ecause I''m relocating to the city I must be the BEST fan out of every one lol. There''s some right arrogant tw@s on here sometimes!!!

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Bloody waiting list.... More like a closed door to any new youngsters trying to get to see their local club. Elitist bilge ignoring the grassroot support in favour of Delia''s well heeled luvvies.[/quote]With a compact ground like Carrow Rd it''s always going to be a problem squeezing everyone in whichever way you play it, isn''t it Cluck ? If and until NCFC becomes an established Premiership outfit expansion of the stadium is a huge risk.Season ticket holders are the grassroot support of any club. They''ve paid up-front for a whole season for the value-for- money convenience this brings. It also ensures that NCFC receives a guaranteed income and saves everyone, both supporters and club, a considerable amount of time, money and effort over that needed in selling tickets on a casual basis. It''s sad for those with genuine reasons in being willing but unable to attend on a regular basis but it''s '' Delia''s well heeled luvvies '' - as you put it - who are the ones who''ll have to pay much higher prices when they all come sliding out of the woodwork for the '' glory '' visits of the Man Utds., Chelseas and Arsenals of this world next season ( and hopefully beyond....)

I must be a glory hunting plastic fan as I''ve put my name down, oh no wait that''s cos I''m moving to norwich in 5weeks, so b ecause I''m relocating to the city I must be the BEST fan out of every one lol. There''s some right arrogant tw@s on here sometimes!!!

The good news for those looking for tickets is that being in the Prem there are more Monday night games, whilst I have 4 season tickets I can often not make it to night games so the buy back will be very effective to help evrybody out.

I''ll sell mine for, £1,000,000,000

nah not really, it''s priceless ;)

Surely there has been a waiting list for years, but not everyone takes up the seats available as they are the least desirable. Presumably seats also become available during the season for all sorts of reasons and these are taken up.

It''s just that the waiting list is now longer than ever for obvious reasons .

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Bloody waiting list.... More like a closed door to any new youngsters trying to get to see their local club. Elitist bilge ignoring the grassroot support in favour of Delia''s well heeled luvvies.[/quote]With a compact ground like Carrow Rd it''s always going to be a problem squeezing everyone in whichever way you play it, isn''t it Cluck ? If and until NCFC becomes an established Premiership outfit expansion of the stadium is a huge risk.Season ticket holders are the grassroot support of any club. They''ve paid up-front for a whole season for the value-for- money convenience this brings. It also ensures that NCFC receives a guaranteed income and saves everyone, both supporters and club, a considerable amount of time, money and effort over that needed in selling tickets on a casual basis. It''s sad for those with genuine reasons in being willing but unable to attend on a regular basis but it''s '' Delia''s well heeled luvvies '' - as you put it - who are the ones who''ll have to pay much higher prices when they all come sliding out of the woodwork for the '' glory '' visits of the Man Utds., Chelseas and Arsenals of this world next season ( and hopefully beyond....)[/quote]I feel I need to explain the ramblings of cluckberk to you:Delia''s well heeled luvvies are season ticket holdersElitists are season ticket holdersGrass roots fans are the one''s who want to go to maybe one game a season and be able to pay on the gate and choose where they sit

Don''t try to think logically where Cluckbert is concerned!

I can explain the bulls hit ramblings of cluckbert much better -

Wind up merchant posting bull shit to seek attention!

Cluckbert perceives him/herself as the voice of the real fan whos been ousted from stadiums -

I''ve probably been going to home games longer than Cluckbert and was like many other fans still going, I was exactly the sort of fan that Cluckbert describes that has now been frozen out of the club!

What I''d like to know is where were all the hoards of casual fans when we were getting crowds below 15,000 for many years?

Its only natural for the club (or indeed any organisation) to favour the more commited (season ticket holders) than others who aren''t (those who will go to a few games)!

Until we get a ground capacity suitable for our fanbase, (35,000+) fans who aren''t season ticket holders will find it difficult to go regularly!

Bottomline is Cluckbert talks s hite so should be ignored!

[quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]plastic fans ticket list...[/quote]What a pathetic comment. May as well scrap any plans for future stadium expansion then as without these "plastic fans" we won''t need it.[/quote]

it makes me sick comments like this, I have been following the canaries since 1980 have visted over 70 grounds and this is the first season i have generally been ablve to afford a ticket due to one thing or another, and im on the waiting list, and im happy to wait.

Must make me a ''plastic'' fan then. JOKE

Re. this waiting list - Felixfan, I have posted several times on this thread that there was no waiting list in January (plenty of good seats available, got 2 together at the end of a row in the Jarrold with no membership or previous ST) and also seats were still available in February. It''s unfortunate for regular attenders who couldn''t affford them then and for some reason, can afford them now that there is a waiting list. But I have to point out that only a couple of months ago you could buy a ST as a "casual".

[quote user="Stuart Jarrold"][quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]plastic fans ticket list...[/quote]What a pathetic comment. May as well scrap any plans for future stadium expansion then as without these "plastic fans" we won''t need it.[/quote]

it makes me sick comments like this, I have been following the canaries since 1980 have visted over 70 grounds and this is the first season i have generally been ablve to afford a ticket due to one thing or another, and im on the waiting list, and im happy to wait.

Must make me a ''plastic'' fan then. JOKE[/quote]I thought you were a Ipswich fan Stuart?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]plastic fans ticket list...[/quote]

Man you have always been such a bell end.

What better way to create a waiting list than to suggest via the media that there already is one?

Perhaps?

Season ticket snobbery is a recent phenomenon and is the result of both the cynical NCFC hype and a dumbing down of what a ''real fan'' of the club actually is. For the traditional ST holder it''s just business as usual... but for the Delia Smith era newcomers it''s become a ''look at me'' status issue.I''m looking forward to the establishment of the new Norwich City Supporters Club where I hope casual fans and those who cannot make it to Carrow Road for whatever reason will be able to consider themselves an ''equal'' at gatherings. For every ST holder there are a hundred enthusiastic City fans who either cannot travel/can''t afford/have disabilities etc.etc. What a sad day it is when paying a few quid out can make some folk see themselves as superior. Let''s hope the NCSC becomes an alternative to what has become a ''select'' entertainment at CR, so fans far and wide can get together and discuss the club without this ''holier than thou'' bollox of "were you at the game"?I am a Beatles ''fan'' although I never actually saw them play. Clearly that makes me unworthy to call myself a ''proper fan'' then?

thats all I use my season ticket for, to show how good I am!! you flash your ST at the bar and the gash forms an orderly que!!!