Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

The Season Ticket Waiting List

So what''s the deal with the waiting list? Is it for the end of next

season if people do not renew theirs or is there still a chance you

could get a ST for next season if you''re high up on the waiting list? Could someone please explain as I am a bit confused by it.

The Season Ticket Waiting List is basicly for everyone who didn''t want one when we we''re only in League 1, and are now jumping on the bandwagon.

I know at least 4 people who are on the list so they can see ''their team and some other big teams''.

isn''t it over a thousand people now, so unless over a thousand people don''t renew or we get more seats, good luck.

[quote user="Gorn2Hell"]isn''t it over a thousand people now, so unless over a thousand people don''t renew or we get more seats, good luck.[/quote]

Although, you might have a better chance of filling a barrow with Rocking horse Poo,

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]The Season Ticket Waiting List is basicly for everyone who didn''t want one when we we''re only in League 1, and are now jumping on the bandwagon. I know at least 4 people who are on the list so they can see ''their team and some other big teams''.[/quote]

Or for those of us who have been at uni for 4 years and are moving back to the fine city in the summer

I just can''t understand why anyone with a real interest in the team would leave it this late to apply for a season ticket (leaving aside the folk who just want to see the big teams playing at their local ground and have only just thought about it now it''s certain to happen). I know it''s a lot of money to find for a full-price seat, but even in February there were season tickets available. We were doing well then too. If you go regularly, a season ticket is a no-brainer really as it''s much cheaper over the season and takes all the pressure off. It''s got increasingly difficult these last few months to actually manage to get home tickets (we have had to organise our mornings around being online and/or on the phone at 9am on the first day of sale) and I don''t expect any to be available to casuals next season - they''ll be virtually all gone the same day they go on sale to super members.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Weren''t season tickets available earlier on in the season?

[/quote]

yeah they went on say from about 28th december so current ST holders could beat the VAT rise, I saved all of £2.40 ish [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

yeah they went on say from about 28th december so current ST holders could beat the VAT rise, I saved all of £2.40 ish [;)]

[/quote]

Nice one [Y][;)]

But I meant for people who didn''t currently have one, was unsure if they had opened season ticket sales for them back in December etc, or put everyone on a waiting list until ST holders had renewed theirs.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice one [Y][;)]

But I meant for people who didn''t currently have one, was unsure if they had opened season ticket sales for them back in December etc, or put everyone on a waiting list until ST holders had renewed theirs.

[/quote]

Dont think so as they give ST holders 3 chances to renew and then its super members, then members then casuals i think. but casuals had no chance. I dont think.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]plastic fans ticket list...[/quote]What a pathetic comment. May as well scrap any plans for future stadium expansion then as without these "plastic fans" we won''t need it.

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Banana, why Spurs and not Chelsea?[/quote]

cause I dont like chelsea [n] and I like spurs.[y]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]plastic fans ticket list...[/quote]What a pathetic comment. May as well scrap any plans for future stadium expansion then as without these "plastic fans" we won''t need it.[/quote]

But we didn''t need to expand last season as we didn''t have 26k a week we were hitting 24,500k a weeek but now we are in the prem people want expansion...so more people are going as city are being successful (plastic fan..)

I don''t want our ground to look like the walkers stadium (leicester) as when they were in the prem they filled the place now there mid table championship they just over half fill it.

Or for someone who had a ST for 5 years untill 2 baby siblings arrived in the household meaning it was no longer feasible for me and my dad to travel from Notts to Norwich every other week. Now they have grown up a bit we were going to try and get a ST for next season whatever league we were in Nana and Captain Holt stop with your stupid presumptions and get a grip ffs.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]plastic fans ticket list...[/quote]What a pathetic comment. May as well scrap any plans for future stadium expansion then as without these "plastic fans" we won''t need it.[/quote]

But we didn''t need to expand last season as we didn''t have 26k a week we were hitting 24,500k a weeek but now we are in the prem people want expansion...so more people are going as city are being successful (plastic fan..)

I don''t want our ground to look like the walkers stadium (leicester) as when they were in the prem they filled the place now there mid table championship they just over half fill it.

[/quote]It comes with the territory, If we are in the PL we will attract new fans. And more people coming through the gates means more money that can be used to strenthen the team. We have more fans now than when we finished 3rd in the PL and played in the UEFA cup. so these "Plastic fans" may well stay around for years.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]It comes with the territory, If we are in the PL we will attract new fans. And more people coming through the gates means more money that can be used to strenthen the team. We have more fans now than when we finished 3rd in the PL and played in the UEFA cup. so these "Plastic fans" may well stay around for years.[/quote]

thats a plastic fan right...?

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="JF"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]It comes with the territory, If we are in the PL we will attract new fans. And more people coming through the gates means more money that can be used to strenthen the team. We have more fans now than when we finished 3rd in the PL and played in the UEFA cup. so these "Plastic fans" may well stay around for years.[/quote]

thats a plastic fan right...?

[/quote]Not in my opinion no. A "plastic fan" for me is someone who lives in say Attleborough and "supports" Man U, but has never been to or has any intention of going to a game. Every supporter has to start somewhere and I would rather a 9 year old kid went down the park to kick a ball around with a Norwich shirt on than a Chelsea one. I didn''t realise there was a selection process to go through before you could purchase a ticket and call yourself a Norwich fan? Maybe the club should send out qustionnaires about it''s history and your affiliation with the club before agreeing to sell you a ticket?

But there are still plastic fans going to games now. At half time and full time when the prem sores read out if man utd/liverpool/arsenal are winning there are cheers around me! This has mainly started to happen this season, which shows more plastic fans coming to FCR

It''s alright jumping on the bandwagon as long as you stay on it when things don''t go so well.

Plastic fans are fans that only go to watch Man Utd and Chelsea. If we get relegated would they want to see Doncaster on a tuesday night?

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]It''s alright jumping on the bandwagon as long as you stay on it when things don''t go so well. Plastic fans are fans that only go to watch Man Utd and Chelsea. If we get relegated would they want to see Doncaster on a tuesday night?[/quote]

if their other half was going shopping...[;)]

Replying to an earlier question, season tickets were available to anyone earlier in the season as we bought some in January for next season, our first season tickets. We were not super members at the time. And we got good seats with an excellent view.

That''s what I meant about having to be canny and get organised, without wishing to sound "preachy"! A few weeks has made all the difference - but I fully appreciate that it all depends on your financial circumstances, as straight after Christmas is not really a good time to make a big purchase. We would have been delighted to continue to watch City in the Championship - the fact that we now have STs for the Prem is an added bonus, that''s for sure.

Thanks Canarino. I was just wondering in relation to the guy at uni if people were able to purchase them say a month or two ago, or if they all got put on a list.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]But there are still plastic fans going to games now. At half time and full time when the prem sores read out if man utd/liverpool/arsenal are winning there are cheers around me! This has mainly started to happen this season, which shows more plastic fans coming to FCR[/quote]

No.

It means people have an interest in other football teams. IF Barca played at the same time, and there scores were read out i would probably cheer. You are allowed to follow other teams

I think the waiting list only started some time in March, Legend Iwan (correct me if I''m wrong, someone), but until then you could just go onto online ticketing and choose your new season ticket seat for next season! I couldn''t believe it was that easy, I have to say, as i didn''t think there would be so many new STs for next season still unsold in January.

New people couldn''t (possibley still can''t) buy season tickets in march.... It was the renewal period....