Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Pacheco, Lansbury and Forster

Forget the loans, lets take our future seriously and try to secure them on a permanent basis. We need a young and hungry team that will serve us well for the future! If they join on loan and play well their value is going to sky rocket! Forster is third choice at Newcastle and surely must be avaliable for £2m-£3m. Goalkeepers in general dont go for that much and Ruddy needs competition. Fraser has presencePacheco maybe the hardest to obtain but Liverpool have an abudance of young midfielders coming through like Spearing and Shelvey and with money likely to be spent, maybe he is obtainable. Anything under £3m would be a great addition along with same price for Lansbury.If we spent up to £10m on fees alone for these three it would be truely fantastic. Add Fabio Borini on loan from Chelsea and one or two more and we would have a young, hungry but quality side

If we can get them permenantly, their clubs aren''t stupid tho. Loan might be our only option if we want them to stay, i''d rather have lansbury on loan than not have him at all.

That would certainly send out a message. If Taraabt and Sinclair could be bought for ''peanuts'' then there''s hope I guess, but Pacheco, Lansbury and Forster have all done relatively well recently and I''m sure there''s no shortage of admirers who will look to outbid us should they become available. Hopefully they feel the love for us and want to come here and nowhere else if they are sold. Would be chuffed to bloody bits if we got them somehow though..even one of them!

I really dont think that Fraser Forster is what we need at the club anymore sure he was a good enough keeper when we had him but I feel with Ruddy in the sticks we have a potentially great keeper some of the saves that he has made were match winning saves or even for a point. He may have made a few mistakes but dont all keepers and apart from Watford I dont think that he has cost us a game all season if we do get a keeper which i think is an area we need to get a body an experienced keeper who will mentor Ruddy and Rudd/Steer (one of these to be out on loan at least) and wont mind being a no2

I think that Lansbury and Forster are realistic and I don''t actually think they will be nearer enough to the 1st team squad. Pacheco, no chance. He is very close to the 1st team, although that will be dependant on who Liverpool buy. I can see him on a 6 month loan.

Haha, no chance whatsoever of getting Dani for £3M, the lad is pure quality and Dalglish rates him highly. I think he has a future at Liverpool and anything less than an £6M offer, imo, would be laughed at.

With "King Kenny" getting the job permenantly, Dani''s value has just shot up!!

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Wake up ffs.

We''re never going to sign Pacheco. Lansbury or Foster.

[/quote]

1. Lambert rates all three. Two highly

2. Lambert may have a £40m transfer kitty.

Surely there is a chance we might sign one of them?

I cannot see their clubs wanting to sell Pacheco or Lansbury at the moment , but neither can i see them getting much football there in the short term. I think season long loans would suit both paties.

Forster is a different one for me. It seems obvious for that Newcastle do not see him as one of their top 2. Ruddy has done well but we need 2 good keepers in the premiership. FF has the potential to be great not just good and he can pull off the unexpected. If he saves us 5 or 6 goals during a season it could make all the difference

think lansbury could be realistic can''t see him getting near the arsenal first team, apart from carling cup games

Why on earth would we blow transfer money when they would probably all be available on loan?  Thank god Lambert is the manager.[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Wake up ffs.We''re never going to sign Pacheco. Lansbury or Foster.[/quote]

[/quote]

We''ve got a chance of getting them all on loan I''d reckon!

Lansburys and Paheccos recent enthusiasm shows they''d be up for it, even more so now we''re on the up and in the Premiership!

are we mad? 10m?if we spent £10m we''d have spent what I presume would be our entire budget for the summer by hardly strengthening the team (a goalkeeper when we''ve already got one and 2 players we''ve already had)I''m sure we could get Lansbury for £1m, but I''m not sure I''d want to. I mean, he''ll be 21, he''s played a few seasons now and he still can''t establish himself as a regular in a championship side. Why would he be good enough for premier league?Forster, I also think we could get for £1m. If so, might be worth it.I have no idea about Pacheco

[quote user="judderman"]are we mad? 10m?

if we spent £10m we''d have spent what I presume would be our entire budget for the summer by hardly strengthening the team (a goalkeeper when we''ve already got one and 2 players we''ve already had)

I''m sure we could get Lansbury for £1m, but I''m not sure I''d want to. I mean, he''ll be 21, he''s played a few seasons now and he still can''t establish himself as a regular in a championship side. Why would he be good enough for premier league?

Forster, I also think we could get for £1m. If so, might be worth it.

I have no idea about Pacheco
[/quote]

Judging by your valuations of Lansbury and Forster you really have no idea at all. £2m for both of them? Dream on.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Wake up ffs.

We''re never going to sign Pacheco. Lansbury or Foster.

[/quote]

[/quote]

£40 million Kitty, Facepalm.

Dani has just ''tweeted'' that he will not be involved for Liverpool this weekend. Very blunt message (even for Twitter) and sounded unhappy but that could of course be down to his level of English to be fair.

Lansbury has time on his side. His technique is quality and he will get better and better the more matches he features in.

A star for the future and likely to be resigned on loan.

He won''t play for the gunners next season that''s for sure.

lansbury is worth about £3m but i don''t think wenger would want to sell him and it is too much money for someone who has not reached his potential yet.

Kenny wants to keep hold of Pacheco and will hopefully loan him out (hopefully to us, but if I was in his shoes - I would want it to be to a championship club).

Fraser Forster is a good goalkeeper who will become great IMO and will be as good as the likes of Freidel, Howard etc and therefore I would say he would cost around £3.5m +. I would personally do this despite having Ruddy so then we can send out D. Rudd and Steer out on loan and have great competition in goal. John Ruddy, from what i''ve seen this year is more of a championship goal keeper/relegation prem team standard (perhaps) whereas if we get Forster now, i think it could be a very good investment.

I cannot understand the logic of this thread at all

We must improve the team not the squad, and if we spend say 13M it must on that basis. Lansbury would not cost more than 2.25M but would he improve the team, not sure.

Pacheco may be available for £2-3M if Liverpool spend big this summer, but i would think they will want to hang onto him for another season at least

You can buy an international keeper for 3.5M, with due respect to Foster he is not worth that, or probably half that.

We need to spend this money on player who can come straight in to the team, Graham 2.5M is available for example and would improve the team, as would about 20 Bosmans who we could possibly get, Wendt, Cohen, Marveaux, Klose etc.

Any outlay on potential is a bit Football Manager for me, we need 4 players who can come straight in and another 2 for the bench. They can be quite young but must be ready for the 1st team.