Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Renaming the Gunn club?

..so would this be the Summer to rename the Gunn club? Personally I think it should be....he is moving on and so should we, the less memories I have of that time two years ago the better.

I''m sure it was announced Hux would be taking on a similar role, and now he''ll be taking over full time I presume. Roll on the ''Hux'' club!

Maybe we could chill out in The Lambert lounge during the day and kick it off later at The Holty hideout.

Hucks'' matchday club is in thr Jarrold Stand. I''m certain it will remain the Gunn Club, considering he hasn''t had anything to do with it for about 4 years.

Why would we need to rename it? Hucks has the Huckerby Lounge in the Jarrold, which he attends every game. However, just because Gunny doesn''t attend the Gunn club, doesn''t mean we need to strip him of the honour! I''m pretty sure Russell Allison doesn''t mingle in his lounge in the Barclay before every home game!

[quote user="Largey"]Why would we need to rename it? Hucks has the Huckerby Lounge in the Jarrold, which he attends every game. However, just because Gunny doesn''t attend the Gunn club, doesn''t mean we need to strip him of the honour! I''m pretty sure Russell Allison doesn''t mingle in his lounge in the Barclay before every home game![/quote]

unfortunately he''s inextricably linked with the lowest and darkest time in our history. What is often forgotten is the dreadful dreadful stewardship after the Barnsley game through to relegation and not just the pathetic pre season and Colchester capitulation. Hucks and Russell Allison I don''t think would ever jeopardise the Club if they were offered a job that they just couldn''t do - they''d say so and not put themselves before the club.

CLUCKERBY''S has a nice ring to it....

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]CLUCKERBY''S has a nice ring to it....

[/quote]Would certainly consider dropping in there for a glass or two of Huckfast.

well, we can''t rename the Gunn Club to suit a different living Norwich legend (although Gunn has appeared to have lost this tag judging by the playground insults on here) because...

Should Huckerby get offered the ''big chair'' at some point in the future for instance (he''s doing his coaching badges now), and promptly fails, then these muppets on here will be stomping all over his memory, too.

Maybe call it The Void - until a manager wins the League/FA Cup/Champions League and the Eurovision...

[quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]CLUCKERBY''S has a nice ring to it....

[/quote]If it''s named after you Dangleberrys would be more appropriate.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]CLUCKERBY''S has a nice ring to it....

[/quote]If it''s named after you Dangleberrys would be more appropriate.[/quote]Now you''re just being hurtful aren''t you?.... If my mate Wiz likes the CLUCKERBY''S idea then it''s a done deal.  [Y]We could always rename the toilet block as Harry''s Hangout if it helps? Doubt you''ve got very much to hang out though.

It''s called the Norfolk Lounge I''ll think you''ll find. It''s only the Gunn Club on match days.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Paul Cluckberk "]CLUCKERBY''S has a nice ring to it....

[/quote]If it''s named after you Dangleberrys would be more appropriate.[/quote]Now you''re just being hurtful aren''t you?[/quote][IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cfMfe3CM6lY/Svwv8RaYi9I/AAAAAAAAAF4/li5puSMKwIk/s640/POT+CALLING+THE+KETTLE+BLACK+2.jpg[/IMG]

12 years service as a player 390 caps a Norwich city legend is condemned as the anti-christ because of a disastrous 8 month tenure as manager! Some people are pathetic, we just got back to the premier league and with those dark days now firmly in the past I chose to remember Bryan Gunn the goalkeeper and not Bryan Gunn the manager.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]12 years service as a player 390 caps a Norwich city legend is condemned as the anti-christ because of a disastrous 8 month tenure as manager! Some people are pathetic, we just got back to the premier league and with those dark days now firmly in the past I chose to remember Bryan Gunn the goalkeeper and not Bryan Gunn the manager.

[/quote]That of course should read 390 appearances not caps.

He was not cut out to be a manager but he was and still is a club legend and should be remembered as such. He was a quality keeper (all backpasses aside!).

As for the memorites of two years ago.. one thing you should remember is that he convinced one Grant Holt to come to Norwich instead of going to Paul Lambert''s Colchester or it could have been a totally different story.....

He''s moving because he''s got a new job. He''s not moving cos he want''s to forget the area or club and i don''t think we should be trying to get rid of him.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Largey"]Why would we need to rename it? Hucks has the Huckerby Lounge in the Jarrold, which he attends every game. However, just because Gunny doesn''t attend the Gunn club, doesn''t mean we need to strip him of the honour! I''m pretty sure Russell Allison doesn''t mingle in his lounge in the Barclay before every home game![/quote]

unfortunately he''s inextricably linked with the lowest and darkest time in our history. What is often forgotten is the dreadful dreadful stewardship after the Barnsley game through to relegation and not just the pathetic pre season and Colchester capitulation. Hucks and Russell Allison I don''t think would ever jeopardise the Club if they were offered a job that they just couldn''t do - they''d say so and not put themselves before the club.[/quote]Gunny is also linked with the proudest moment in this football clubs history... 3rd in the top flight... Bayern away as well....For his save to deny Jose Valencia in the Olympic Stadion he deserves the accolade of the gunn club.Im sure most people on here have only supported us for the last 5 years... Gunn did play for us for 12!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Largey"]Why would we need to rename it? Hucks has the Huckerby Lounge in the Jarrold, which he attends every game. However, just because Gunny doesn''t attend the Gunn club, doesn''t mean we need to strip him of the honour! I''m pretty sure Russell Allison doesn''t mingle in his lounge in the Barclay before every home game![/quote]

unfortunately he''s inextricably linked with the lowest and darkest time in our history. What is often forgotten is the dreadful dreadful stewardship after the Barnsley game through to relegation and not just the pathetic pre season and Colchester capitulation. Hucks and Russell Allison I don''t think would ever jeopardise the Club if they were offered a job that they just couldn''t do - they''d say so and not put themselves before the club.[/quote]Gunny is also linked with the proudest moment in this football clubs history... 3rd in the top flight... Bayern away as well....For his save to deny Jose Valencia in the Olympic Stadion he deserves the accolade of the gunn club.Im sure most people on here have only supported us for the last 5 years... Gunn did play for us for 12![/quote]

....then hung around putting up posters for about 11 and then accepted and believed he could manage a Championship side in trouble. We haven''t named anything after Doomcaster and i''m afraid to say Gunny was part of the crew of Doomcasters ship that took us straight to the doldrums. All part of the same deal and we should swiftly reduce the prominence and start looking ahead.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Largey"]Why would we need to rename it? Hucks has the Huckerby Lounge in the Jarrold, which he attends every game. However, just because Gunny doesn''t attend the Gunn club, doesn''t mean we need to strip him of the honour! I''m pretty sure Russell Allison doesn''t mingle in his lounge in the Barclay before every home game![/quote]

unfortunately he''s inextricably linked with the lowest and darkest time in our history. What is often forgotten is the dreadful dreadful stewardship after the Barnsley game through to relegation and not just the pathetic pre season and Colchester capitulation. Hucks and Russell Allison I don''t think would ever jeopardise the Club if they were offered a job that they just couldn''t do - they''d say so and not put themselves before the club.[/quote]Gunny is also linked with the proudest moment in this football clubs history... 3rd in the top flight... Bayern away as well....For his save to deny Jose Valencia in the Olympic Stadion he deserves the accolade of the gunn club.Im sure most people on here have only supported us for the last 5 years... Gunn did play for us for 12![/quote]

....then hung around putting up posters for about 11 and then accepted and believed he could manage a Championship side in trouble. We haven''t named anything after Doomcaster and i''m afraid to say Gunny was part of the crew of Doomcasters ship that took us straight to the doldrums. All part of the same deal and we should swiftly reduce the prominence and start looking ahead.[/quote]Sorry.. i thought the board gave Gunny all these jobs to feed his family, pay his bills and put a roof over his head... i didn''t realise he made these roles for himself on an extortionate wage....Engage brain Scott.... Who gave Gunn these jobs? Who gave Gunn the "posters"? who made Gunn the manager? Hardly his fault that the club was giving him a job was it? should he have said "no.. i dont want to feed my family, or pay my bills, i''ll just sit on my hands and sponge on the dole"?

....he should have said no and stayed as scout.....absolutely. And as for who pushed for him to have the job........the players and Doomcaster......the rest of the board were punch drunk and desperate and had ran out of ideas. Wait and see....Gunn will work for Scottish football soon enough and not too far away from Doomcaster who had the board (and you seemingly) in his pocket.

I think in moments of honesty BG himself would admit now he should never have taken the job.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I think in moments of honesty BG himself would admit now he should never have taken the job.[/quote]He may well do but that doesn''t excuse all the garbage being posted on here about him.