Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

The most boring team in Europe?

OT - but having just watched the dullest FA cup final I can remember, are Man City the most boring team in Europe?

One dimensional, 8 man defence, hoofball for Tevez and Balotosser to chase. Blackburn/Stoke et al come in for a lot of criticism for this, but I think with the money City have to spend, and their ambition, it is more shocking for them to play this way.

I wouldn''t swap positions with them at this moment in time, I love the fact we play football the right way, and are always on the edge of our seats, much rather watch us, than win a trophy by playing the way they do.

Thoughts? (Tin hat firmly on!)

Yep I bet the Blackpool fans next week will be celebrating that they played attacking football but conceded so many goals they got relegated. To stay up ( and I beleive we will ) we must nulify the opposition not try to outplay quicker better players.

The most boring team in Europe however must be the Russian team that won the Russian Cup this year. They drew every game including the final 0 - 0 and then won each game on penalties, now thats what you call boring.

Both teams had opportunities to get it down and spread play but like you said chose to hoof it at every chance, a total let down. Definitely one of the most one dimensional teams in the prem.

Point taken about Blackpool LIK.

I obviously want to stay up, but would much rather do it without resorting to hoofball. Fortunately, we don''t have the players to play a hoofball system so can''t see any way we will end up doing that, unless we buy 10 new 6''2 players and follow the Allardyce route (Route 1).

[quote user="kick it off"]Point taken about Blackpool LIK. I obviously want to stay up, but would much rather do it without resorting to hoofball. Fortunately, we don''t have the players to play a hoofball system so can''t see any way we will end up doing that, unless we buy 10 new 6''2 players and follow the Allardyce route (Route 1).[/quote]

Dont think we will play hoofball in fairness not Lamberts way, however I do feel you cant just attack teams in this league players are far more clinical and if they decide to defend it is very difficult to score. I just hope our energy and enthusiasm are enough and then each year you can build something stronger. I fear assuming we stay up there will be plenty of posts saying how the Championship was far more exciting, but unfortunately every year of the prem is what its all about - money money and more money

I would prefer to get relegated playing football the right way than sell our soul and play the kind of football displayed by Stoke and Sam Allardice''s teams. 

OP is right, how can Man City spend the kind of money they have spent and still play some kind of anti-football!

Man City weren''t that negative today I didn''t think. They had around ten attempts on goal in the first half!  Certainly a lot more attacking than I have seen them in a lot of games this season. Really impressed with Barry Telly today who put in a great performance despite Huth and Co. trying to provoke him all game. And he said sh*t in his post match interview [:D]

History is littered with clubs that get relegated when they get distracted by cup runs, so we have the consolation that Stoke could well struggle in the Prem next season. Look how Birmingham are faring, just as I predicted earlier in the season with the distraction of their League Cup run. I wonder if Leeds regret now also having a bit of a run this season bearing in mind just one more win could have seen them into the play-offs. We did exactly the right thing in putting the Cups well down in our priorities, and I hope we do again next season.