Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Anyone Else Getting Fed Up With The Suggestion.............

Having watched City for almost forty years I have to say that, Paul Gallagher aside, ruddy is the worst number one we have had.

Goalkeeping was our worst position last year and regardless of what we think I am 100% certain that the only man who matters will address this during the next few weeks.

Wow ofc I forgot that Enyeama guy. We should sign him defo.750000 on Enyeama1000000 on Garra Dembele2000000 on Kolbeinn Sigþórsson1500000 on Aron Gunnarsson2000000 on Matthew Upson2000000 on Jimmy Kebe3000000 on Ashley Williams500000 on Matti Lund Nielsen1500000 on Lewis MacGugan0 on Fabio Borini-----------------------------------------14250000 on 10 players that looks class.We can then sell Grant Holt while his stock is high for maybe 3-4 million. Then Rudd goes on loan to Walsall.

[quote user="NauruDude"]Wow ofc I forgot that Enyeama guy. We should sign him defo.

750000 on Enyeama
1000000 on Garra Dembele
2000000 on Kolbeinn Sigþórsson
1500000 on Aron Gunnarsson
2000000 on Matthew Upson
2000000 on Jimmy Kebe
3000000 on Ashley Williams
500000 on Matti Lund Nielsen
1500000 on Lewis MacGugan
0 on Fabio Borini
-----------------------------------------
14250000 on 10 players that looks class.

We can then sell Grant Holt while his stock is high for maybe 3-4 million. Then Rudd goes on loan to Walsall.
[/quote]

Please don''t take this the wrong way, but I think this is the worst set of ideas since Gordon Brown''s debt recovery plan.  If anyone here needs an Enyema, it''s you.

But seriouslyKristinn Jónsson (Breiðablik)Skúli Jón Friðgeirsson (KR Reykjavik)Jón Guðni Fjóluson (Fram)Kristinn Steindórsson (Breiðablik)Guðmundur Kristjánsson (Breiðablik)Those above would cost peanuts as they play in Iceland. They are also in the core of the group which has gotten Iceland U21 to the European Championship, good for a nation of 300,000.Hjörtur Logi Valgarðsson (Gothenburg)Ragnar Sigurðsson (Gothenburg) - Has been in Icelandic transfer gossip joining European clubs for long.Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson (Alkmaar) - Still very young, but good speedy winger with a CROSS and a SHOT.Eggert Gunnþór Jónsson (Hearts) - Ipswich are after him. He is Hearts captain and still only 22 years old.Rúrik Gíslason (Odense) - Very good attacking midfielder, winger, striker which is one of the main players of 2nd placed Odense in Denmark.Björn Bergmann Sigurðarson (Lilleström) - Leads the Norwegian assist league.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[quote user="NauruDude"]Wow ofc I forgot that Enyeama guy. We should sign him defo.750000 on Enyeama1000000 on Garra Dembele2000000 on Kolbeinn Sigþórsson1500000 on Aron Gunnarsson2000000 on Matthew Upson2000000 on Jimmy Kebe3000000 on Ashley Williams500000 on Matti Lund Nielsen1500000 on Lewis MacGugan0 on Fabio Borini-----------------------------------------14250000 on 10 players that looks class.We can then sell Grant Holt while his stock is high for maybe 3-4 million. Then Rudd goes on loan to Walsall.[/quote]

Please don''t take this the wrong way, but I think this is the worst set of ideas since Gordon Brown''s debt recovery plan.  If anyone here needs an Enyema, it''s you.

[/quote]That really wasn''t meant to be serious if you didn''t notice.

Give it up NauruDude, your talking about players we have never heard of, let alone have any knowledge off!

CTID - Are you forgetting that the man that will address it, is the man that bought him?

It wouldn''t be interesting if I were talking about players you had heard of. You know as much as a ordinary fan can possibly can know about them (the Ashley Williams, Craig Bellamy, Robert Green).So I try to highlight players from Iceland I think could do a job for Norwich, because1) You haven''t got a clue who they are and will after reading my post at  least (maybe?) know their names.2) I definately think that managing staff enter this site every now and then, so me naming a player theyve got no clue about so it is a bigger chance they will take a look at him.3) I genuinely believe they are good. Iceland u21 2-1 England u21 (no Gylfi Sigurðsson). Iceland u21 2-1 Scotland u21 (twice). Iceland u21 4-1 Germany u21. Iceland is a nation of 300000 so those are bloody good results.

4) Some have said that Ashley Williams could be valued at 5 million pounds. If you could get Ragnar Sigurðsson for 1,5 million which isnt (IMO) worse. Would you reject it?You are much more likely to get a good player cheap from Europe than England.

English players are almost ALWAYS overpriced. (James Milner 26 mill, Gareth Barry 12 mill, Andy Carroll 35 mill, Joleon Lescott 22 mill, Chris Smalling 7 mill, Ashley Young 9 mill) while you get lads like (Hernandez 9 mill, Antonio Valencia 5 mill e.t.c.)

Blackpool have used at least 4 keepers this season, we''ll need another with prem experience and Rudd/Steer as 3rd and 4th choice.

Marshall can do one...

For all I know Ragnar Sigurðsson could be in the Iclandic version of Coronation Street.

You not having a conversation/debate/discussion with anyone, you are spouting random names that know one knows of!

Oh and Paul Lambert will not been on here taking your scouting tips.

[quote user="CDMullins"]For all I know Ragnar Sigurðsson could be in the Iclandic version of Coronation Street.

You not having a conversation/debate/discussion with anyone, you are spouting random names that know one knows of!

Oh and Paul Lambert will not been on here taking your scouting tips.[/quote]So basically you want no names mentioned on the pink''un forum in case someone doesn''t know who it is?

[quote user="CTID"]Having watched City for almost forty years I have to say that, Paul Gallagher aside, ruddy is the worst number one we have had.

Goalkeeping was our worst position last year and regardless of what we think I am 100% certain that the only man who matters will address this during the next few weeks.[/quote]

Can I throw the following names at You CTID

Roger Hansbury

Clive Baker (Shared the no 1 spot)

Graham Benstead (Between Woods and Gunn)

[quote user="CDMullins"]For all I know Ragnar Sigurðsson could be in the Iclandic version of Coronation Street.

Oh and Paul Lambert will not been on here taking your scouting tips.[/quote]There is also this website that seems to have gone past you. If someone doesn''t know something they read online they tend to GOOGLE it.

I dont care about the Icelandic 2nd Division top scorer, or the made up values you put on each player, or who is top of the Iceland Rumbelows Cup table.

So I wont be googling any of the players you ''suggest''

[quote user="CDMullins"]I dont care about the Icelandic 2nd Division top scorer, or the made up values you put on each player, or who is top of the Iceland Rumbelows Cup table.

So I wont be googling any of the players you ''suggest''[/quote]1) The Icelandic 2nd Division hasn''t started (starts tomorrow FYI)2) Made up values WTF? This has been in Icelandic media for months3) Iceland Rumbelows Cup WTF doesn''t even exist.Why so ignorant? Although you''re English doesn''t mean that all the best football players, best food, best beer, best art, best movies, best music come from England.The same goes about Iceland of course, but Icelandic players come at a MUCH lower price than English. The fact that your ignorant doesn''t change that.

Anyone think we''d have a chance of getting Chris Kirkland? Hes still a decent keeper and has premier league experience. He''s provide good competition for Ruddy.

NaruDude - I can say for certain that your English is a hell of a lot better than a lot of the posters on here - if your ideas on good footballers are the same - contact the club!

On the previous page you have stated (made up) values for 8 players!

These Icelandic players may be gems, but you are in the wrong place to discuss them, because no one knows them, no one can agree or disagree with you. so it becomes you, writing player after player player that we dont know.

[quote user="CDMullins"]On the previous page you have stated (made up) values for 8 players!

These Icelandic players may be gems, but you are in the wrong place to discuss them, because no one knows them, no one can agree or disagree with you. so it becomes you, writing player after player player that we dont know.[/quote]

Tell me then. Where is the right place to discuss players/Icelandic players.

There have been numerous threads about potential player signings, for example Miroslav Klose. Why can''t I name a few Iceland players who will (from the Icelandic league) cost at an absolute maximum 100,000 pounds? That surely isn''t a bad price and I don''t know where else I could show my fellow NCFC fans who I think could do well for our team in the Premier League. There are only 3 of us here in Iceland, one is a sailor, one is a foreign minister and one is me. I''m on no position to contact those three men so I post on the pink''un board -> The closest I can get to a fellow Canary.

Some of you just don''t appreciate a good team do you! I agree with the original post it''s all yawn yawn yawn! We finish 2nd but our keeper isn''t good enough is laughable really! If he wasn''t good enough he would be playing for Sheffield united or one of them teams gone down but no he''s ours and contributed massively in getting promoted to the prem! I''m guessing games like the Swansea pen save the last minute save away to Leeds the man of the match display against reading away and countless other games count for nothing as a lot of you just remember minor mistakes when a lot of the goals have been poor defending! All we need is an experienced back up who''s been there done it and not bothered about being first choice!

Because, everyone knows Miroslav Klose, so everyone can have an opinion on him.

No one knows any of these players you keep banging on about. (In numerous threads) So no one can agree/disagree with you, so everyone of your posts becomes multiple players names with your made up valuations at the side of them.

We are not going to sign them on the back of you putting them on the Pink Un.

Im starting to believe your trolling now!

I agree with shiplee. In the starts he''s had, Rudd has done nothing wrong, distributes well, and the win-loss record in those games is good. Whatever games he''s been in, he didn''t collapse under the pressure, so who''s to say he will pull a Theoklitis in the Prem.?

Once in a while, a player not expected much of turns out to be the keystone to great success. I have not seen any negative comments about his play beyond "he doesn''t have the experience. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn''t need it. England has had younger players than him.

Maybe he is a wunderkind. Don''t just write him off because of lack of experience when you pick apart mistakes made by those played ahead of him.

We do seem to have a pretty good record of developing pretty good goalkeepers.

What worries me is the situation that will eventually develop with Rudd and Steer.

We won''t be able to keep both of them here, especially if Ruddy (or A.N.Other) puts a few seasons behind him as first choice. And, if we do get an experienced keeper as back-up this season (much like we have Crichtom and Ward in the past) then that pushes them further down the old pecking order.

Rudd is going to want games sooner or later-first team games, first team experience-whether here or elsewhere and on loan, or, as with Joe Lewis, transferred.

It''ll soon be the same with Speer.

I think one of the two of them will be shipped out (probably Ruddy) for the whole of next season on loan, which will "shop window" him, making a permanent move possible, especially if he can''t come back and play here.

Leaving Steer to eventually become no.2, perhaps in 12/13, regardless of the division we are in then.

Just one possibility. But, as I said, we won''t be able to keep hold of both of them forever, and, sooner or later, a choice is going to have to be made at the club: Rudd or Steer?

For me the ''keeper issue symbolises the entire transfer dilemna we face ...

1. Keep faith & loyalty with a cracking lad who has sweated green and yellow for us.

2. Ruthlessly upgrade to give us the best chance of staying in the PL.

Thinking of it like that makes you think that Ruddy will be replaced. There''s little room for sentimentality.

Don''t forget how Lambert upgraded virtually the entire League One side last summer ...

Drury-Tierney

Nelson-Ward

Doc-Barnett

R.Martin-S.Smith (didn''t work out)

Lappin-Surman/Lansbury

Russell-Fox

Korey-Crofts

Martin/Jackson

Someone posted a while ago that if Forster (or anyone, in any position) was available, affordable, and even 1% better than who was currently in that position, they''d be moved in if possible.

Simplistic but essentially true.

All I would predict about incomings and outgoings this Summer is that there will be surprises, just as Surman was (when the news of him moving came up, everyone on here had him going to Leeds or Sheff Utd and there might even been a smattering of "we could never afford him" amongst it) when we signed him.

Ruddy probably had more than enough of hearing about Fraser this, Fraser that etc at the start of the season, now he has gone and proved himself, its still Fraser this, Fraser that-have to feel for the bloke!

Can somebody please tell me how many mistakes  Ruddy has made which has cost us points? of course his "Felled Oak" impression v Watford on his debut didn''t impress but thankfully it didn''t set the tone . Ruddy has the same physical presence as a certain red nose Danish goalkeeper ( a useful attribute for the Prem).He is our Number One so get used to it  and i hate to say it but he will probably be facing more penalties next season due to Refs favouring the big teams, especially away from home.