Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Your Bryan Gunn tributes

a goalkeeping legend for norwich , raised millions for charity since family heartbreak . signed holty so all the best to him and his family .

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Good riddence Leech Boy.

And thats the polite version.

[/quote]You really are a Grade A Prat arnt you!? unbelivable, simply unbelivable.[/quote]

Hi Angus......or fatty Melissa.

The only grade gold prats around here are the nobs who swallow the whole legend myth of Uncle Fester and his Munsters.

[/quote]Niether, simply someone who is able to look past 6 months that we would all rather forget. As said Bryan was a Canary Legend who also in his time here raised millions for charity. If the club saw it fit to employ him in roles then that was their dession not that of Bryan Gunn. Tell me Wiz do you see Huckerby as a Leech too for his involvement with the club now? I doubt it. Time and time again, you do this to yourself. Start talking sense, contributing in a positive and insightfull maner only to then shoot yourself down with rediculous statements like this. Id much rather be sat with the majority here and say farewell, all the best, thanks for the all of the memories when you were playing and a massive well done for all of the charity work.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="birchfest"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Good riddence Leech Boy.

And thats the polite version.

[/quote]You really are a Grade A Prat arnt you!? unbelivable, simply unbelivable.[/quote]

Hi Angus......or fatty Melissa.

The only grade gold prats around here are the nobs who swallow the whole legend myth of Uncle Fester and his Munsters.

[/quote]Niether, simply someone who is able to look past 6 months that we would all rather forget. As said Bryan was a Canary Legend who also in his time here raised millions for charity. If the club saw it fit to employ him in roles then that was their dession not that of Bryan Gunn. Tell me Wiz do you see Huckerby as a Leech too for his involvement with the club now? I doubt it. Time and time again, you do this to yourself. Start talking sense, contributing in a positive and insightfull maner only to then shoot yourself down with rediculous statements like this. Id much rather be sat with the majority here and say farewell, all the best, thanks for the all of the memories when you were playing and a massive well done for all of the charity work. [/quote]

...not the last 6 months. His first twelve years were amazing and had to deal with immense tragedy. The final eleven he was a sponger who has delusions of grandeur.....bottom line......and because of this we all paid for it.

Remember when he took over and the players put a scooter with ''L'' plates in his parking space at Colney. The writing was on the wall straight away. Totally and utterly embaraasing and no wonder Mcnally got well rid....and a good job too.

[quote user="Grif"]Good player and I''ll always have tremendous respect for what he had to go through and how he conducted himself at the time. Brilliant professional.

However, when the club was at one of its'' lowest ebbs, we needed Bryan to swallow his pride and let someone who had the ability/experience to take us forward take the job on. He didn''t, he took the job and in doing so, put his personal pride before the interests of the club. I''m afraid this took the shine off any of his achievements for me - big time.

Never blamed him for taking the job initially but after he had failed to save us from relegation, he should have had the guts to move aside. We were very lucky that McNally and Lambert and co arrived to save the day.

Laters Bryan.[/quote]I think you''ve just about summed it up perfectly, Grif.If any of us on here had been at Carrow Rd for all those years and knew the workings of the place better than almost anyone we''d all have jumped at the chance if offered the manager''s job. Trouble is most footballers are stupidly positive and over-estimate their talents to such a laughable extent that they truly cannot see it when they''re not cut out for certain roles when everyone else surely can.Unfortunately in this case not our majority shareholders.Footballers are so hopeless in gauging their own ability it is Delia and MWJ who in my book must take the lions share of the blame after our relegation for allowing poor old Gunny to humiliate himself so badly against Colchester the following season.I do wish it hadn''t ended so horribly for Bryan that day but he knew full well that, in time, it invariably goes pear-shaped for almost every manager. No doubt he felt that he would be the exception but taking the job on was a big gamble both on his part and his employers and it failed.

Tributes are a bit unecessary. For what its worth as someone who grew up watching our team in the second half of the 80s and early 90''s Gunny was obviously a "Norwich Legend" for his performances in one of our best ever teams and one of the main characters who made up that team. In addition, nobody could be anything but hugely moved by what happend with his daughter and have utmost respect for the charity work that followed.

Since then i''ve met him on a number of occassions and he was always very personable but then it was always in his marketing guise (at corporate football tournaments, golf days etc) so hard to get a feel for what he was really like as a bloke. I have heard several people talk along similar lines to Nexus''s mate above although personally I''ve not seen evidence of it myself. I do, however, think that the manager''s job debacle showed that gunny clearly had a serious ego and for me it was disappointing that he put his own position ahead of the overall good of the club. That said. most of us probably have an inflateed opinion of ourselves or think we can do jobs we probably can and as is rightfully pointed out Delia and MWJ must take a lot of the blame for that debacle. They did not have to appoint him again!

My only other comment is that I think its also rather sad that we have to endure media article waxing lyrical about what an opportunity his new job is and how "Angus will have to come along and find a club up there" when its pretty obvious what is really going on here! Hopefully though our new found proper chief executive will get us some suitable compensation for the poaching of another of our promising young players and thankfully, goalkeeper is an area where we are already very well stocked!

Tributes my arse.  He''s had one when he quit playing for City.  He got another for being a shiite manager and sacked.  FFS! he''s moving out of the area that''s all.  Wiz''s comments my same harsh but some of this sycophantic drooling over the guy is just silly.