Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Everyones talking about players coming in what about any players going out?....

There are plenty of threads about what players we want to bring in but does anyone think that any of ours stars maybe brought during the transfer window,

I''m not talking about dead wood players, i.e. S. Smith, OTJ etc but our top players from last season and the season before,

Hopefully we will keep our top squad and add to it but maybe someone will have a cheeky bid for Hoolahan and co?

I really don''t think we have to worry about any first team players leaving.

Unless ridiculous money was bid for Hoolahan, Holt etc there is no reason to sell them...

I think Hoolahan and Holt are a bit old to temp any team bigger than us. Maybe come January if they''ve done well, but I don''t think anyone at this point would put in an offer big enough for us to consider.

Korey might go out on loan to someone in the Championship, need to start playing regularly again but I''m not sure he''s ready to challenge for the 1st team in the Prem.

Chris Martin is probably the one I expect to leave out of our higher profile players. He''s good enough to be starting in the Championship and I get the feeling he''s going to be pushed down the pecking order over the summer. A good player, but maybe his time at City has come to an end. Maybe part of a deal with Watford for either Graham or Sordell? Could also imagine him at Millwall for some reason. Probably bring in around £1m.

Another possibility is Drury, I think his time as a starter with us has come to an end. Would be happy to keep him as cover but he might want another season or 2 in the first team somewhere. Might be another Nelson situation, his contract runs out in 2012 so if someone offers for 2-3 years it would be a bit mean to hold him back.

Hoolahan and Holt signed contract extensions last season, and we are now in the Prem, can''t see them going anywhere. No body would bid a fee that we couldn''t refuse because they are not proven at the top level. We will be hodling onto all of our top players in my opinion and adding to them to make our squad stronger and capable of staying in the Prem, we are not a selling team under our current board/manager which makes for a very interesting/excititng summer in my opinion.

I agree with everyone above that Holt and Hoolahan won''t be going anywhere, their age and unproven status pretty much mean we are certain to keep them. This also made me realise that Norwich haven''t lost a first team player to another club since we were relegated - this must certainly contribute to the on going success we have been having over the last two years.

29-30 year olds rarely go for millions, they tend to let their contracts run out and get a last big payday somewhere else. Bar Holt+Hooly most of our other players are good players coming to their peak years, but not yet exceptional. We won`t lose anyone against our wishes this summer.

I agree with all thats been said. We don''t have any real standout star players in our team, just a lambert made all togetherness team that knows their duties.

I hope I am saying the same thing this time next year with survival and still no standout stars, just 50 points and a board that says we want to be pushing for a top half finish the year after!