Sign in to follow this  
Panic

Norwich City will be a Premier League club next season.

So I''m in my favorite London Sports Bar to watch what turned out to be an atrocious FA Cup Final (AND the 3D gave me a headache...or that might have been the extra pint of Guinness, I''m still not sure which) and I suddenly realise, jiggling the 3D glasses around on my head to see what Tony Pulis looks like when blurry , that we - Norwich City (the team that play in the yellow kit that beat Bayern Munich once in the mid-nineties) - will also be in 3D next season.

Suddenly it hits me again. I mean... I was there in Portsmouth. I went mental when we scored, and I went mental at the final whistle - nearly ruining my new trainers in the process - but it never really occurred to me how huge this really is to the club. But sitting there, watching Man Utd win their 15235th league title, I realised, with a little bit of a start, that we are up there; to play the very same Man Utd who just won their 15235th league title and could, quietly presuming that a certain Argentinian finds Rio Ferdinand too much to get past for one year, be the Champions of Europe and then subsequently stake a claim (and no doubt self title themselves) to be The Best Club in the World. I remember also, last week, when I heard a quote (I think it was on the radio or local news) about Jackson''s goal sending NCFC supporters ''around the world'' crazy. It also hit me there.. Around the World...! I was there on the breezy south coast of England pretty lucky in being one of the few thousand who witnessed a piece of history for our club and there were Norwich fans as far afield as Hong Kong and California and Australia and South Africa desperately trying to get that dodgy online live feed working, just trying to witness that same moment of footballing history.

I have many friends who are supporters of the bigger clubs in England. I don''t call them glory hunters as they are free to support whoever they like, it''s up to them; that''s the beauty of being a football supporter (as long as they don''t start rubbing it in my face); but, if they do ever question the reasons why I support a ''lesser club'' I tell them that you will have your low points (the 6-0 defeats to Fulham and the relegation scraps to the inevitable doom of the Third Division); but because of them, the high points are so much better.

And I for one, believe that because of the way our club has progressed over two short seasons, every match in the 2011-12 Premier League Season will be one of them.

Very true, it''s nice to relive moments for yourself and hear of others experiences too. Personally I am absolutely loving being a NCFC fan at the moment. When I was at Uni we had a close knit group of 4 of us. Between us we had a Man U fan, a Chelsea fan, a Spurs fan and me a Norwich fan. I remember going down to League 1, it was humiliating. Now however my friends all talk of Norwich with the utmost respect. Plus, now Uni is finished, I have an excuse to visit them another time for away matches and for them to come down here. Good times!

First class post.

There''s a few on here that could learn a great deal from it;  but they won''t.

Come on you yellows!!

[quote user="Walphy"]First class post.

[/quote]Could you explain that for us please Bly? I assume you''re referring to "my Spurs"?

Yep - great for the club to be in the top tier again. However was reading Ruddy and Tierney interviews where basically they were saying - isn''t it amazing that players like us are going to be in the tunnel at old trafford etc (I paraphrase). Well this has me a bit worried. We are not up to make up the numbers. They need to come to terms with it quick. It''s going to be tough, but any game is 11 blokes in shirts vs 11 blokes in shirts. There is no reason to fear anyone. Some of the defending in a couple of the games in MOTD2 last night was poor. We have 100% earned the right to play at that level and they need to get into the mentallity that they are now equals and we need to give these guys a game.

" It''s going to be tough, but any game is 11 blokes in shirts vs 11

blokes in shirts. There is no reason to fear anyone. Some of the

defending in a couple of the games in MOTD2 last night was poor. We have

100% earned the right to play at that level and they need to get into

the mentallity that they are now equals and we need to give these guys a

game."Thoroughly agree exile.  The teams that end up at the bottom are those that make the most defensive errors.  If you mess up at the back in the championship you invite pressure.  If you do it in the Premiership you end up conceding a goal much more often.  Goals also tend to come from set pieces more often.  Thankfully we have a Premiership style to our play already, pushing the ball around at a decent tempo.  The last time we were in the Premiership, we beat Man Utd 2-0, and Rooney and co never got off the bus.  Anything is possible.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Walphy"]First class post.

[/quote]Could you explain that for us please Bly? I assume you''re referring to "my Spurs"?

[/quote]

?

Come on you yellows!!

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]Yep - great for the club to be in the top tier again. However was reading Ruddy and Tierney interviews where basically they were saying - isn''t it amazing that players like us are going to be in the tunnel at old trafford etc (I paraphrase). Well this has me a bit worried. We are not up to make up the numbers. They need to come to terms with it quick. It''s going to be tough, but any game is 11 blokes in shirts vs 11 blokes in shirts. There is no reason to fear anyone. Some of the defending in a couple of the games in MOTD2 last night was poor. We have 100% earned the right to play at that level and they need to get into the mentallity that they are now equals and we need to give these guys a game.[/quote]

[Y]

Come on you yellows!!

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]Yep - great for the club to be in the top tier again. However was reading Ruddy and Tierney interviews where basically they were saying - isn''t it amazing that players like us are going to be in the tunnel at old trafford etc (I paraphrase). Well this has me a bit worried. We are not up to make up the numbers. They need to come to terms with it quick. It''s going to be tough, but any game is 11 blokes in shirts vs 11 blokes in shirts. There is no reason to fear anyone. Some of the defending in a couple of the games in MOTD2 last night was poor. We have 100% earned the right to play at that level and they need to get into the mentallity that they are now equals and we need to give these guys a game.[/quote]

Yes that''s true exile (and I sympathize with your username, I know much about living in Suffolk as an NCFC fan!), we cannot just roll over like we pretty much did last time. But I believe that this time we have the right man in charge, the right outlook, the right Chief Exec and the right attitude. Looking at how rubbish some teams were this weekend (I include Arsenal and Liverpool in that), bring ''em on I say!

Tierney also stated "We are determined not to be tourists in the prem"

And

Ruddy stated "Im confident we can compete in the prem"

:)