Sign in to follow this  
claud

Hypothetical question

Which of the following situations would you choose?

For that result against Fulham to not have happened. We remained in the Premier League, and were about to face a new season with Worthington in charge of team matters, Doomcaster at the helm and Delta being prudently ambitious?

Or.....

Where we are now. A new look board that is much more focussed on team matters, and one of the best 5 British Managers (imo) in charge of the team?

For me, the last 5 years have been awful. But, without them we wouldn''t be in the position of strength we currently are.

I actually think Worthington did alright as a manager. As it was our first year back in the Prem, many were expecting us to go straight back down. The only reason we had those awful five years is because we had a board that got rid of Worthington, the only person then that could take us back into the Prem. It then swapped and changed our management staff, looking for the next Worthington, bringing no stability to the club. The board then made a major error and never recovered

Not beyond the realms of possibility that we would have ended up something like where West Brom are if we had stayed up so definately the first option.

The second choice because of who we have as manager now... we might have stayed up with Worthy or bounced from the premierleague to division 1 but with Lambert I feel we can become established and even push for top half over the next 3/4 years...

The future is defintely better with Lambo. Know what I mean?

The history of our club has always been littered with what if scenarios.

What if Heysel hadn''t happened and we started playing in Europe in the 80s?

What if we came 3rd in the Prem just a few seasons later, when the money started to roll in (and when Champion''s League qualification were possible)?

What if Iwan had scored that goal before the full time whistle in the Play Off Final?

What if we managed to hold onto those great players which we sold in the mid/late 90s?

But that''s life I suppose. Always with the benefit of hindsight, but never with the ability to change anything.