Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

48-page Canary Review of the season in Friday's EDP and EN

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

I refer to going into Norwich as going into ''town''. Did the same when I was in Manchester, and I know Londoners do it too... pretty sure its not meant to be derogatory...

As for the 28 pages debate, I don''t know who was expecting anything different, and lets face it even that many extra pages on our season is worth the cost of the EDP.

You''re hardly Deep Throat for bringing this to our attention, Wiz...

[/quote]

Deep Throat?...........hmm?.........no comment! [;)]

Uh oh, Wiz is going to get his balls out again...

Anyway, got my copy at lunch, had a quick flick through, plenty of adverts but plenty of content too (although I think you need to fire your copy editor, theirs more speling misteaks than you can shayke a sitck at...)

I was about to call the EDP to order my copy....is it worth it? It will cost me 8 pounds with delivery. Let me know obviously here in Florida I don''t get any Norwich Coverage so it would be nice........Let me know please

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I was about to call the EDP to order my copy....is it worth it? It will cost me 8 pounds with delivery. Let me know obviously here in Florida I don''t get any Norwich Coverage so it would be nice........Let me know please[/quote]

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned online version.... Buy that, much cheaper, you could print it (ok, not as good quality probably) if you want. (presuming this is available to you, and not a one of special to the other poster)

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I was about to call the EDP to order my copy....is it worth it? It will cost me 8 pounds with delivery. Let me know obviously here in Florida I don''t get any Norwich Coverage so it would be nice........Let me know please
[/quote]

I have the EDP delivered daily, so it was no big effort for me, but don''t waste £8 on this rubbish, put it towards a special DVD when it comes out mate.

PS. And free? I should think so, after what Archant has earned from the mirad of adverts in it!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I was about to call the EDP to order my copy....is it worth it? It will cost me 8 pounds with delivery. Let me know obviously here in Florida I don''t get any Norwich Coverage so it would be nice........Let me know please[/quote]

I have the EDP delivered daily, so it was no big effort for me, but don''t waste £8 on this rubbish, put it towards a special DVD when it comes out mate.

PS. And free? I should think so, after what Archant has earned from the mirad of adverts in it!

[/quote]The only reason its free is because of the adverts Wiz.Print and paper is expensive and thats why any magazine you pick up will have a large percentage of adverts.Don''t be churlish, enjoy the 28 pages of content. Nobody forces you to read the adverts.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I was about to call the EDP to order my copy....is it worth it? It will cost me 8 pounds with delivery. Let me know obviously here in Florida I don''t get any Norwich Coverage so it would be nice........Let me know please
[/quote]

[/quote]

The only reason its free is because of the adverts Wiz.

Print and paper is expensive and thats why any magazine you pick up will have a large percentage of adverts.

Don''t be churlish, enjoy the 28 pages of content. Nobody forces you to read the adverts.
[/quote]

Well said, Ricardo and, Blurboy, as an exile that doesn''t get the EDP on their doorstep every morning, my guess is that you''ll think it''s worth every penny [Y]

Well said Ricardo.

As for those who complain? What planet do you live on? How do you think we all obtain wages or drawings via profits?

I absolutely despair!

It''s a brilliant production and a must for all yellas. I say thanks to Aviva and all who sponsored via adverts.

Well done Archant and the usual crew of journalists who have brought us brilliant reports in these two fantastic seasons.

A mention to Mrs BY who targetted a newsagent in binner land and got the last copy at 10am!!!!

Its still crap, despite what this sites, shall we say, timid posters say.

In fact its a normal EDP jurno''s love fest.

Save your money and wait for the club to bring something decent out, that way the club benefits.......and Archant doesn''t!

If you want to spend cash on City wisely sign up for Canaries World.

Be driven around Norwich on the bus with the players and fans celebrating with a super extended video of that occassion, or watch from the balcony at City Hall.

Or maybe you prefer the end of season dinner at Carra Road.........because thats there too.

Only £3.99 a month, now thats what I call value! [Y]

First Wizard - you really are a wet lettuce, be as anti archant as you want but you are the sad fecker who spends YOUR life on THEIR messageboard so get off your high horse and live and let live. I bought my copy and was pleased with the supplement. Out of 1000''s of pups on here just you and moaner wazzock have complained - that''s it. F off to someone elses forum and get out more

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]www.pinkun.com/1.891804[/quote]

Don''t spin it or big it up Pete, 20 ruddy pages are full page adverts.

Its misleading, dishonest even, and does you, and Archant no credit at all. [:|]

[/quote]

It is in fact a 28 page Canary Review, and that''s the truth !

[/quote]Hope you enjoyed the 28 pages of Norwich City content at no extra cost...[/quote]

Avoid me as much as you like Pete, but this site''s members now know the truth and who first exposed it.

You''ve been shown up.........and you can''t handle it!

[/quote]Pete doesn''t work in the ad department.... ergo its nothing to do with him....

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]First Wizard - you really are a wet lettuce, be as anti archant as you want but you are the sad fecker who spends YOUR life on THEIR messageboard so get off your high horse and live and let live. I bought my copy and was pleased with the supplement. Out of 1000''s of pups on here just you and moaner wazzock have complained - that''s it. F off to someone elses forum and get out more[/quote]Well said. Just need to add that those pages of adverts probably help to pay for this messageboard!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

If you want to spend cash on City wisely sign up for Canaries World.

Be driven around Norwich on the bus with the players and fans celebrating with a super extended video of that occassion, or watch from the balcony at City Hall.

Or maybe you prefer the end of season dinner at Carra Road.........because thats there too.

Only £3.99 a month, now thats what I call value! [Y]

[/quote]

Superb value, it''s a must for me to listen to away games when I''m in Nottingham. It amazes me when people come on here asking if there is any way they can listen to the match as they don''t live in Norfolk and don''t want to pay for Canaries World, when they only have to spend £3.99 a month or pay 30 odd pound upfront which covers every match, interviews with players and extended highlights!