Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Norwich to lose youth team keeper

[quote user="Sly Dog"]I''ll confess I''m ashamed of some of the comments and suggestions on this thread.  Good luck to them all.  It''s the least we can say after what he''s given to this club.  [/quote]

...''given'' to the club.

more like taken from the club.....he played and applied himself very well for twelve years. Then, quite simply, he has taken and we have all paid for it in the end.

When will people realise that footballers have a very different view of clubs than the fans do. To them they are employers, no more and no less and to say they ''give'' or are ''loyal servants'' is totally and utterly purile.

And, to be fair, if that was the case...why shouldn''t he?

He won''t be Angus''s agent by the way.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Sly Dog"]I''ll confess I''m ashamed of some of the comments and suggestions on this thread.  Good luck to them all.  It''s the least we can say after what he''s given to this club.  [/quote]

...''given'' to the club.

more like taken from the club.....he played and applied himself very well for twelve years. Then, quite simply, he has taken and we have all paid for it in the end.

When will people realise that footballers have a very different view of clubs than the fans do. To them they are employers, no more and no less and to say they ''give'' or are ''loyal servants'' is totally and utterly purile.[/quote]So Bryan Gunn is a slave to the club as are his family?god you talk B******s!

No Jas, not at all, in fact I''ve never even suggested that. Regardless of what you may think I talk, I can only assume you''re not very good at the reading or my post is a bit over your head. Regardless, I won''t call you names or trash talk. Anything else on the subject?

Always seemed a decent chap but frankly my interest is this coming season. I''m sure someone mentioned We''re Premier League. Onwards and upwards for NCFC.

I know why there are so many offensive comments towards Gunn on here but there are some things we have to remember:
  • Gunn was a great player for us - lets not forget that team of the early 90''s
  • Ferguson told Gunn to apply for the job - he was Aberdeen boss during Gunn''s career there
  • When Gunn arrived, Roeder had already done a lot of damage to the side
  • Yes, I know that the criticism is because of the relegation but Gunn nearly kept us up and if he had, do you really think that he would have led us to Premier League football the next season?
  • Ok, the only decent player I think he signed was Grant Holt but look at what a player he''s been for us over the past 2 seasons
  • We have to remember, that if the negatives that happened under Gunn didn''t happen (relegation and the defeat), we wouldn''t have Lambert
Yes, in my opinion Gunn was certainly no legend as a manager but personally I''ve now put the relegation and defeat behind me now and think about us under Lambert.As a result I wish Gunn and his family all the best