Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Norwich to lose youth team keeper

looks like we are going to lose angus gunn, then... England U16 keeper is set to follow the legend gunny up north......to manchester

conspieracy theory......

Man Utd / fergie want angus.... therefore "gets/given" gunny a job at a top sports agency in manchester so that gunny goes up north with angus, and thereby dodging the academy 90 minute rule?

Gunny was always looking to get back into the game, the relocation will make the travelling involved with his new job easier (loads of clubs close-by) and, with Angus being at school mstill, he was always going to relocate with the family.

A great opportunity for Gunny and I wish him well.

Gunny will commute, His Daughter is Buried in Norfolk remember... cant see him leaving the area for that reason.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Gunny will commute, His Daughter is Buried in Norfolk remember... cant see him leaving the area for that reason.

[/quote]

He''s already said he''s leaving Norfolk, Jas. It looks like Gunny is going to find a club in the NW for Angus - Man Utd? Bolton?. Shame we''re going to Iose a promising keeper. I too wish Gunny and his family all the best, having been in Norfolk for so long it''s certainly an end of an era.

Good luck to them, and to be honest if we are going to lose a promising player, probably best it''s a keeper. What with Ruddy still being young, Rudd and Steer both looking really good, we''re probably set for keepers for the next decade or so (even more so if as some people suggest we bring in FF).

Best of luck to all the Gunn family.....I''m also sure that Angus is destined for a bright future in football....

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Came out in press at the end of last week Largey, google "Gunn to leave Norfolk" or similar.[/quote]

Thanks Old Shuck, didn''t see that article before. That''s a massive move but it seems to be at a good time for him and his family.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bitter and twisted GunnyHow can he get revenge on Noriwch, take his son away from the youth system.Sad very sad.[/quote]Don''t be so stupid, sure this has nothing to do with his feelings towards the club (which he only has nice things to say about).There is more to life than football you know, and if you read the article it explains well the reasons for him moving away.

If you were in that situation then you would do exactly the sameif you read the article it says he''s been offered an amazing job for some sports agency company, he would have loved to stayed in norwich just unfortunately wasn''t cut out for being a manager. His daughter is going to Manchester University and his son has the chance to go through the ranks at a premier club getting first class training, yeahh what a judas!

Gunn may not have been a manager but that doesn''t erode the success and talent he offered us a player that went before it nor the passion that he showed for this club.

The idea that he''s relocating to the other side of the country in order to pull his son out of Norwich''s grasp is laughable - come on.

Gunns management of our club may (may!) have nearly ruined us, but it didn''t. I wont deny he is no manager, but we have come out the other side now and are looking forward to a shot at the premiership with the most promising set up we''ve had in years, and now it looks like things are looking on the up for Gunn as well - all i can say is good luck to him and his family.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bitter and twisted GunnyHow can he get revenge on Noriwch, take his son away from the youth system.Sad very sad.[/quote]

"Revenge on Norwich?"

Ridiculous! He''s been offered a new and much better job, and one that gets him back in the game. What''s he meant to do, turn it down so the feelings of Norwich fans, most of whom seem to hate him, re.a schoolboy goalkeeper are not hurt?

Good luck to him.

Good luck Bryan GunnAfter all the work that hes done over the years, he deserves a chance to progress his own career.We have never had a contract to keep Angus at Colney, so if Bryan wants to take him out of the academy, there is nothing we can doBefore you all slate his decision, just remember this, Gunn has a permanent reminder of his time in this county that no parent would ever wanted to have gained. He will never forget his time here, I will be sure of that.

Sad that he''s relocating but Gunn will remain a city legend because of his playing days. Disappointing to lose a promising keeper but we are hardly ''light'' in that area at youth level. I wish him all the best

Don''t forget his years of ''nothing'' jobs, hence his nickname ''odd job'' or his ruddy large ''compo'' payout for getting us relegated and his continuious arrogance to apply for the job again which resulted in utter humiliation for the club at the hands of Col Who''.

What a legend! [:S]

Why couldn''t Angus Gunn do what other academy players have done for years and years which is lodge in or near to Norwich and do an apprenticeship (or whatever its called now!)with the club?

While Gunny reasons for goign up North are clear, the situation with Angus sounds like hes cutting his ties with the club and has already got something lined up in the North West?

I''ll confess I''m ashamed of some of the comments and suggestions on this thread.  Good luck to them all.  It''s the least we can say after what he''s given to this club. 

[quote user="First Wizard"]They can all bugger off as far as I''m concerned.[/quote]so 1986 - 1998 never happened did they Wiz?you prat!

[quote user="Sly Dog"]I''ll confess I''m ashamed of some of the comments and suggestions on this thread.  Good luck to them all.  It''s the least we can say after what he''s given to this club.  [/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/what-he-said.png[/IMG]

Wiz, maybe what you have said would justify exactly why he has gone as has Angus. So much hate, whats that all about?

Why the fuck anyone should stick around when someone like you, who supposedly has some maturity and wisdom with their years can come out with that nonsense,  is beyond me. He''s got a new job, a better one, its got him back in the game-seemingly, and I know you must find this astonishing, there are people in the game who still feel he has a contribution to make and a part to play. You''d better get behind that keyboard of yours and rattle off some E Mails to let them benefit from your knowledge, save them, save them from Gunn, before its too late!

"Aye, and I woulda got the new job if it hadnae been for that meddlin'' Wizard"

You have turned being cynical into an art form that deserves a gallery all its own in the National. Still dwelling on long gone events? Hadn''t you better be chasing Dave Stringer out of town whilst you''re at it, he only kept us up by 3 points in 91/92....?

Good job we went up or you''d be getting on your Stannah stairlift about Wes missing a penalty and costing us promotion... "don''t forget the missed penalty, or his ruddy ridiculous new contract, as well as his continued arrogance in expecting to play every week which ended in utter humiliation for the club when Cardiff pipped us to second place and failure in the play offs...

We''ll get compo for Angus anyway. So pack it in.

Come on people lets not be so naive. Have been rumours for some time that Gunn jnr has been poached by a certain north western prem club. Now conveniently Gunn snr (complete with his amazing record of finding top quality players whilst in charge of transfers for NCFC) suddenly relocates to Manchester due to a top job suddenly becoming available at a sports agency firm! I bet all these top agency firms have been queuing up to sign someone like Gunny! I wonder if his first (only) client will be a young goalkeeper on the books of one of the top Manchester clubs!

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Gunn may not have been a manager but that doesn''t erode the success and talent he offered us a player that went before it nor the passion that he showed for this club. The idea that he''s relocating to the other side of the country in order to pull his son out of Norwich''s grasp is laughable - come on. Gunns management of our club may (may!) have nearly ruined us, but it didn''t. I wont deny he is no manager, but we have come out the other side now and are looking forward to a shot at the premiership with the most promising set up we''ve had in years, and now it looks like things are looking on the up for Gunn as well - all i can say is good luck to him and his family.[/quote] gunn is and always will be a canary legend despite a tiny minority slagging him off. it is not his fault he has no managerial ability, but as a player he was fantastic( and he did sign grant holt ).

The only thing you can be upset with Gunn about, is him taking the job again in the summer.

When you get a temporary contract until the end of the season, get relegated. You shouldn''t then sign on permanently....

But still he was a good player, has got a new job, so best of luck to him, and Angus who could be a pretty decent GK in the future....