Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

This week for me its

Swansea v Sheff U - Home Win

Good luck all, especially Muddy Funster.

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Muddy Funster and Billy Dixon we have...

4/7       Swansea          12.45 Sat

1/4       Bayern Munich           2:30 Sat

1/2       Leverkusen      2:30 Sat

Evs       Bournemouth  3:00 Sat

8/11     Southampton   3:00 Sat

4/9       Palermo          5:00 Sat

Which will win for the Academy £137.02p. I ran the same bet through Boyle Sports on line and the return would only be £106.36. Which, as usual, shows the huge edge you can get by betting with Billy. Dont forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us. So if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted.

So now it’s "game on". All the games are played today starting with Swansea at 12:45 and finishing in Italy this evening at 5pm. Those of you going to the game today have fun and party hard![<:o)] If you can’t get there party anyway [<:o)][B]and hopefully by this evening we will be celebrating another win for the academy.

Good luck everyone.......[:)].........

I''m at work today and so will follow as closely as I can - fingers crossed people and thanks Nutty and Billy - would be a nice return!

God I''m nervous!

Can i have Bayern Munich please?

Good luck everyone

Can i also add, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the pups league Nutty.  Its been my first full season and i''ve thoroughly enjoyed it.  Hopefully, i''ve done enough to earn a chance at being the picker at somepoint next season and i cant wait.  Also, thanks to Billy for sponsoring the thread.  That lovely old fella, Ardee, would be very proud of what this thread has become...

[D]

Southampton to beat Walsall for me this week please.

Good luck to all.

Cant believe another season is almost over, but its not been a bad one has it?

Arsegrapes.

Sorry everyone. Leverkeusen and Bournemouth had shockers! Still at least Bayern Munich had a close game!

Gutted - I dodged so many bananaskins as well - Norwich, Huddersfield to name just two. Hopefully I can see one or two of you for a drink Tuesday night to comiserate :o(

Unkucky Muddy,really good effort.I see what you mean about Bayerns sneaky win[Y]

Unlucky Muddy, great effort pal. [Y] Last game of the season (for some leagues) is always incredibly hard to pick with a lot of dead rubber games. I am ever so sorry I forgot to do my nap to try help you out, but you still did a jolly good job without it! I am going to have to go with a Sunday game then and with not that much to choose from I will go (relatively) safe and predict a Barcelona win over Espanyol.Cheers Nutty[Y]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Arsegrapes. Sorry everyone. Leverkeusen and Bournemouth had shockers! Still at least Bayern Munich had a close game! Gutted - I dodged so many bananaskins as well - Norwich, Huddersfield to name just two. Hopefully I can see one or two of you for a drink Tuesday night to comiserate :o([/quote]

Now ther''ll be no sorrys on this thread Muddy. It was a great effort and we''ve had a great season just like our beloved team. John Landamore (FONCY) is proud of all you PUPs just as I am. He told me last night that what we have won this season is brilliant. I''ll be in touch and let you know where we are drinking on Tuesday. It would be great to meet you.

I met Devon for the first time today. He''s a top man. In fact the Nelson was overrun with PUPs after the game. It''s been a great day. So between last night at the quiz and today I have been in the company of Devon, CTID, Graham, Beaus, Lapp, Team Totty, Tilly, Gaz, Smudger, WITS, Kathy, Leeds, Sid, Chelle and Duncan. I hope I haven''t forgotten anyone. Please forgive me if I have.

Congratulations to Chelle for being on the pitch in the final four for "Fan of the Season". I always think it''s academic who actually wins because all four are as good as winners.

I haven''t done the stats yet but I will as soon as I can. But I know that Swansea won 4-0. So Beauseant will be crowned Champion of the PUPs League. Congratulations Robin, it''s well deserved having been up there all this season. (over 90% last season too). So there will be another new name on our trophy at our presentation night later in the summer.

Saturday 21st has been chosen as the date for our end of season social and promotion party. I''ll post more details later but it''s going to be a great night.

It''s a special time to be a City fan right now. And having all of us together, not just on here but in the Nelson and the Club makes it even more special. We will all remember this season forever[<:o)]

Cheers Nutty - just totted up and out of the 6 picks, the aggregate score was 19 goals for and 6 against. Next season I am having my name on that signature!

Hope to see you and others on Tuesday!

See you then

Thanks again Muddy.  This turned out to be an extremely difficult week as the stats will show. You ended up with 4/6 and did considerably better than we did as a group with our suggestions. Everything has to fall in place for us to get a win and too much went against us this weekend.

Here are those stats : 54 of us picked this weekend with 31 correct, making a success rate of 57%. Between us we gave Muddy 29 different selections with 59 winning making a success rate of  59%. Muddy easily bettered those percentages ending with 4/6 67%

Congratulations Beauseant on your deserved success winning the PUPs League. You are now a member of a very exclusive club. Your final total of 33-37 89% is outstanding considering the extremely difficult season us PUPs just had.  You managed to avoid countless banana skins to achieve this score and you should take great satisfaction from it and from the fact that the guys making the final selections could rely on your suggestions to such a great extent. I will get the trophy to Kev so that he can get your name engraved ready for our presentation night later this summer.

Well done to all the PUPs who have made the Fab40. Especially Trent, who pushed Beaus all the way finishing on 35-40 88%. Another tremendous effort Tom and surely your turn will come.

The real success is the success of this thread and the £336.68 that we will be presenting to FONCY later this summer. 75 Pups have made selections this season and each and every one of you have contributed to raising that money.

As always a huge thanks must go to Billy whose generous sponsorship of this thread is unique. But it doesn’t stop there because his generous odds make the total what it is. The same winning weeks would have amounted to just £239.24 had we been with one of the “big houses” online. As I always say – That’s why we should all bet with Billy.

Thanks again all you PUPs for your tremendous support and efforts throughout the season. Special thanks once again from me to LeedsCanary (Kev) who helps me more than any of you could know.

I will be at the parade tonight. For any of you who would like to meet up some of us will be in the Coach & Horses just after 4pm.  I don’t know where we will be later but if you want to find us my mob number is 07876778743. Otherwise I hope to see loads of you at our end of season social and promotion party on Saturday 21st May.

Here is the final PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. Beaus is the star and well done again on your tremendous record Robin. But really you are all stars and should all be very proud of what you have achieved.

Beauseant     [*]     33-37     89

Trent Canary      35-40     88

Inch High             34-40     85

Mr. Bump            34-40     85

Herman                29-34     85

Canary Cherub  33-40     83

Cosmic Twin       33-40     83

Newyorkcanary                33-40     83

Norfolkbroadslim             33-40     83

Norfolkchance1                33-40     83

Ginger Pele        32-40     80

Scooby 26-33     79

PurpleCanary     23-29     79

Davo      31-40     78

Graham Humphrey         31-40     78

Jed Exodus         30-39     77

Muddy funster 30-39     77

Sports Desk - Pete           30-39     77

Excited Canary  26-34     76

Til 1010 30-40     75

Fonejacker         27-37     73

SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox           22-30     73

Jimbo Jetset       19-26     73

Chelle   28-39     72

Sparkos                28-39     72

Statto    28-39     72

Charlie Farlie      27-38     71

Pboro_Canary   25-35     71

Diesel Doris        28-40     70

NCFCStar             28-40     70

Dogger 21-30     70

Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat               19-27     70

Hughesy              27-39     69

The Butler           18-26     69

City-Til-I-Die       26-38     68

Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps         23-34     68

Obiwancanary   19-28     68

Lappinitup           24-36     67

Big Slob                20-30     67

Delia''s Devonshire..        18-27     67

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shack Attack      16-24     67

GMF      25-38     66

Tony Da''Wonderful         25-38     66

Fellas     24-37     65

methcanary        24-37     65

1st Wazzock       25-39     64

nutty nigel          25-40     63

Yankee Canary  24-39     62

Duncan Edwards              18-29     62

Mister Chops     22-36     61

Hissing Sid           24-40     60

Cityangel             23-39     59

Leedscanary       21-37     57

Blahblahblah      20-35     57

WITS      19-34     56

Mandie Moo      20-39     51

Kathy    16-32     50          

Thanks for the txt Muddy. You PUPs look after me a treat [Y]

What I should have said was some of us are meeting in the Coach & Horses Bethel Street just after 4pm[B]

Thanks for the kind words Nutty, they are appreciated. The Pups are really about raising money for FONCY, not personal glory, and, while we all enjoy some friendly competition, the fact is that we all deserve a huge pat on the back for what we''ve won this season.

Huge thanks are due to Nutty for his organisation of the competition and to Billy for allowing us to empty his wallet so regularly, but this thing wouldn''t work without every one of the Pups who take the time and effort to post a nap every week. As I said a couple of weeks ago, we are all winners.

Congratulations Beauseant! Also well done to those posters who managed to "turn up" for all 40 weeks. In particular, thanks to Nutty for taking care of this thread week after week. It''s appreciated.

Well done Beauseant top picking to be the number 1!

Already looking forward to next season and this thread. I''m toying with the idea of spicing my naps up next season by backing an away win every week.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Congratulations Beauseant! Also well done to those posters who managed to "turn up" for all 40 weeks. In particular, thanks to Nutty for taking care of this thread week after week. It''s appreciated.[/quote]

---

Seconded.[Y]

Many congratulations Beauseant[*] and well done to everyone involved in this fantastic thread. It has been a truly great season for us all.

Can''t make the parade tonight but to everyone who is going, hope you have a wonderful time[<:o)][B]

Looking forward to the get-together on the 21st[D][B]

Well done Beauseant, some great tipping.

Thanks for your hard work on this thread Nutty, and also big thanks to Billy for sponsoring the thread.

Quite pleased to finish in the top 20 and looking forward to (hopefully) putting my name on the sig next season.

I wont be able to make the 21st, but i wish you all an excellent night and an enjoyable summer and see you all here ready for next season.

Stay lucky...

Congratulations Beauseant, a big well done. Ive Just got back from a stag weekend and have no idea who I napped, but I know Swansea won so nice one!

Cheers NN as always for the stats, keeping the thread going every week and generally creating such a great community on here. Its been a tough season for us all, but some good money has been raised as ever. Props to Billy and co for their continued generosity. See you all next season.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Congratulations Beauseant, a big well done. Ive Just got back from a stag weekend and have no idea who I napped, but I know Swansea won so nice one!

Cheers NN as always for the stats, keeping the thread going every week and generally creating such a great community on here. Its been a tough season for us all, but some good money has been raised as ever. Props to Billy and co for their continued generosity. See you all next season.

[/quote]

---

That must have been some weekend, Trent![<:o)] As it happens you followed me to Romania and Timisoara, who did actually win.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

You spawny poo face Beau for getting that No 1 spot [;)]

[/quote]

You should not feel envious CTID. Some say that Beauseant spent so much time napping the one team that he has developed a Catalonian swagger when he walks. [;)]

Nutty at the start of the season you asked for PUPs predictions for the top six and bottom 3 teams in the championship for a bet you were having. How did you get on with this and did anybody get anywhere near getting the positions right.

Wow. Did I forget to post this week? I think I did... first time in over a year I think.... Sorry about that. Crazy at work and all. I''ll be making at least 1 away trip to London next year, most likely at The Emirates so I hope to meet as many as possible then.

Yes we did Drinks and here''s the thread  http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2201519/ShowPost.aspx

The results are here http://www.ncisa.co.uk/results.htm

I think only one PUP got their three in the top six and their two in the bottom three[;)]

My own thre entries were Nutty Nigel, Maggie Thatcher and Alf Stewart. The PUPS entry was under PUPs and because of Tilly and Kathy''s kindness our other entry was PUPs can BOGOF.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Wow. Did I forget to post this week? I think I did... first time in over a year I think.... Sorry about that. Crazy at work and all. I''ll be making at least 1 away trip to London next year, most likely at The Emirates so I hope to meet as many as possible then.[/quote]

I hope we finally get to meet Justin. I will be trying my best to get to the Emirates because it will be a new ground for me. But if it''s a Saturday I will probably miss it [:(]